• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi...

I'm having a problem emailing gift vouchers. When I send the email from e-commerce, the customer gets the email fine, but the link at the bottom that tells the customer where to go to redeem their gc doesn't work. The link is a ssl link that when clicked, tries to go to a page but never makes it anywhere. I'd like to do one of two things...either:

1. Make the link a non ssl link and see if that works

or

2. Take all references of any links out of the email (which is the automated part that gets inserted when the email is sent) and just type in my own instructions.

How would I go about doing either or both of these? Or is there a way to fix the problem without these two options?

Thanks for the help in advance....

Billie

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - I have an odd thing with Discount Vouchers (Gift Vouchers sent to new sign-ups work fine)

In checkout_payment.php when entering a Voucher code, and hitting "Redeem", the user goes to checkout_confirmation.php and the Voucher is NOT applied.

There's no confirmation of redemption or error message or similar.

But if the user hits Back and tries again to redeem, it then works ... goes straight to checkout_confirmation as before but the voucher & decrement is shown.

Any ideas?? Thanks all.

Edited by Alley Kat

Hi, on first entry to checkout_payment there is no ticknox

With Disc Vouchers if we enter a code, then hit the btn, we go straight on to checkout_confirmation.

But with Gift Vouchers though, we do get another render of checkout_payment this time with tickbox (Gift Vouchers work OK)

cheers

Bill

Hi, on first entry to checkout_payment there is no ticknox

With Disc Vouchers if we enter a code, then hit the btn, we go straight on to checkout_confirmation.

But with Gift Vouchers though, we do get another render of checkout_payment this time with tickbox (Gift Vouchers work OK)

cheers

Bill

Bill,

I think I can explain why it is this way.

When you enter a discount coupon code and click Redeem, the button acts as if you wanted to continue on to the confirmation page because it has applied the discount to your total price (determined by your sort order of your order total modules) and sent you on your way.

When you enter a Gift Voucher code and click redeem, it sends you back to the checkout_payment page because the system doesn't assume that you want to apply that gift certificate to your order - it is, in essence, giving you the option to send the amount in your 'gift voucher bank' to somebody else. I agree, it's not the most intuitive system. That's why you are sent back to checkout_payment where you must THEN checkbox the "use gift voucher funds" or whatever the checkbox says (Sorry, I've modded my store so much I don't know what the original text is.) and click continue to move on to the confirmation page where you gift voucher funds are then applied to your order total.

Just remember - discount coupons can't be sent to other people (through the system from one customer to another), so OSC automatically adds it to your order, while gift vouchers can be sent at any time prior to be actually spent to another person.

(Sorry if this doesn't help - I'm not the best at deciphering the multiple conversations going on at once :huh: )

Jacob

Hi Jacob, thanks for that, the problem is that with Discount Vouchers the discount doesn't get applied at all to the total.

But if I refresh the confirmation pg, it then does.. weird.

I tried messing with sort orders and putting ob_start() and ob_end_flush() in the confirmation page to try & get the whole page buffered before output. Didn't work, I'm still lost... cheers, Bill

Hey-

I've installed the gift voucher fine, and got it working with authorize.net AIM. So far, so good. But I cannot figure out how to get the weightless products to SKIP the shipping page. I am running the Fedex real time quotes for the only shipping option. It seems to think vouchers weigh .5 pounds! Where should I be looking for the problem?

I have downloads on.

Thanks!

-Kbray

I have a new site all of the OSC was working fine. i get this error after installing CC&GV in my admin side.

"Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php:25)"

all looks ok on the front end.

any help would be great.

Thanks for your hard work....

jerry, means that you have create_coupon_code function in there twice, u need to find the other one you have installed, as it is called in add_ccgvdc_application_top.php or remove it from there.

take a look in the configuration, shipping details, tare weight, it may have a weight set in there.

Hey-

I've installed the gift voucher fine, and got it working with authorize.net AIM.  So far, so good.  But I cannot figure out how to get the weightless products to SKIP the shipping page.  I am running the Fedex real time quotes for the only shipping option.  It seems to think vouchers weigh .5 pounds!  Where should I be looking for the problem?

I have downloads on.

Thanks!

-Kbray

hey Mibble-

You were right, the tare weight was set, but even with that at zero, I still get the shipping page. I have tested with only table rate shipping at 0:0. That works insofar as it does not charge for shipping, but it should skip the page, and does not. This is very important for the fedex because there is a minimum charge.

-Kevin

take a look in the configuration, shipping details, tare weight, it may have a weight set in there.

Mibble, perhaps you know..

I am still having problems with this contribution AND the one which adds product attributes and options. When you choose a discount code which takes a % off, if the item has options/attributes, the discount is not taken.

This IS a known bug, right and there is no fix yet? I don't see one and think others reported this problem.

I have installed CCGV 5.10c (with bug fix) into MS2 2.2. I have discovered two issues with the installation.

1) If a gift voucher is purchased singularly, no shipping is charged, but then the customer cannot chekout. The customer is constantly redircted to the Payment Information page (checkout_payment.php) at the final step. No purchase confirmation. Nothing gets charged, no email sent, no reported errors, etc.

2) If a gift voucher is purchased with other products, then shipping is charged for the voucher, but checkout proceeds smoothly.

The voucher product weight is set to zero.

I use the "First Item, plus additional items", and "Free shipping" shipping modules only.

I use the "Authorize.net payment module by Austin", and stock "Paypal" payment modules.

Customers checkout just fine if gift vouchers are not a product selection.

Any help in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when emailing a voucher, the recipients email does not include a clickable link to redeem. The address is there (assumed to be correct), but is not hyperlinked.

I have SE freindly URLs turned on (if this is an issue), as it is required by another mod.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Stewart

I have the same problems as swart above, except that my email link is fine. The only problem i have is the addition of shipping upon checkout.

I read somewhere that if only a gift voucher is purchased then it skips the delivery/shipping page. is this true?

I saw in the code item and virtual_item so it appears that my cart isn't assigning the gv as a virtual item.

i use a flat shipping rate. any help greatly apreciated.

not sure on this, i will check this week and go thru the code when i have a chance. have a few programs to finish and have gotten quite a few requests for mods.

Mibble, perhaps you know..

I am still having problems with this contribution AND the one which adds product attributes and options. When you choose a discount code which takes a % off, if the item has options/attributes, the discount is not taken.

This IS a known bug, right and there is no fix yet? I don't see one and think others reported this problem.

OKay...After searching 30 plus some pages. I am getting frustrated. Probably for some reason on my part. The voucher area works great. No problems with that. The problem I am having is with the discount code. I set up a code for a discount. It is for a certain percentage off. No big deal. It works for some items and multiplies the discount for some others giving them an even bigger discount. Can so I cannot even say it is giving a flat percentage to any one person.

I have the same problems as swart above, except that my email link is fine. The only problem i have is the addition of shipping upon checkout.

I read somewhere that if only a gift voucher is purchased then it skips the delivery/shipping page. is this true?

I saw in the code item and virtual_item so it appears that my cart isn't assigning the gv as a virtual item.

i use a flat shipping rate. any help greatly apreciated.

Same problem here with shipping being added to gift vouchers created in the catalog.

As for the HTML link when the vouchers or coupons are sent you must enable html email in admin.

Lee

A bug and a bug fix: Sorry, not sure how best to post these, and maybe there's a better way, but here goes: In 510C (using the most recent of the fixed ones in the contrib). If you create a Discount Voucher with a single quote in the description, you can add it fine. E.g. "We're sending you this because we're nice."

However, if you later try to edit the Voucher, a SQL error is thrown. My fix is this (if there's a better or more osC-conformist way pls say):

In my /catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php at about line 141 which reads:

$update = tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION . " set coupon_name = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon_name'][$language_id]) . "', coupon_description = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon_desc'][$language_id]) . "' where coupon_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['cid'] . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");

Change it to this (put addslashes round the desc field):

$update = tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION . " set coupon_name = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon_name'][$language_id]) . "', coupon_description = '" . addslashes(tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon_desc'][$language_id])) . "' where coupon_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['cid'] . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");

Hope this helps. Again not sure of best practice for posting stuff like this.

Another prob/bug:

In admin->Vouchers/Coupons->Gift Vouchers Sent i can see the Disc Vouchers automatically sent to new sign-ups. However, when I try to view any individual row (to see who it went to & when), all rows with the same Voucher Code are selected at once...and details of only one instance are ever shown, no matter which instance of the particular voucher code one tries to click.

Still have my"refresh" prob tho

HTH, cheers, Bill

Have you tried the fix presented in this post?

Appears to work for me - haven't fully tested it (too busy reading 88 pages of this thread) :)

Same problem here with shipping being added to gift vouchers created in the catalog.

I have followed the directions for creating Gift Vouchers. I have created them in Catalog with the product models of GIFT25, GIFT50 and GIFT100.

I set 'enable download' to active per the instructions in the documentation and still my gift vouchers are having the shipping added.

I thought that in Order total in admin for the gift voucher I had to set the shipping and tax to false in order to stop the voucher from having shipping and tax added add to the sale of the voucher but I guess that this is only to allow whether the voucher covers tax and shipping cost of the order.

So What am I doing wrong?

Lee