Is there any reason why checkout_confirmation displays the totals like this:

Sub-Total: $39.95

Total: $39.95

Discount Coupons:12321ab: -$4.00

instead of what to me would seem logical:

Sub-Total: $39.95

Discount Coupons:12321ab: -$4.00

Total: $35.95

As a customer I would not be sure whether my discount was going to be applied, since it wasn't subtracted from the total.

And why is the orders_total stored as $39.95 when the actual amount charged was $35.95?

Is there any reason why checkout_confirmation displays the totals like this:

Sub-Total:  $39.95

Total:  $39.95

Discount Coupons:12321ab:  -$4.00

instead of what to me would seem logical:

Sub-Total:  $39.95

Discount Coupons:12321ab:  -$4.00

Total:  $35.95

As a customer I would not be sure whether my discount was going to be applied, since it wasn't subtracted from the total.

And why is the orders_total stored as $39.95 when the actual amount charged was $35.95?

bomdemais, make sure in the admin -> modules -> order_total the discount coupons are before the total.

at my shop it's this way:

1. sub total

2. tax

3. shipping

4. discount coupons

5. gift vouchers

6. total

Hope this solves your problem

bomdemais, make sure in the admin -> modules -> order_total the discount coupons are before the total.

at my shop it's this way:

1. sub total

2. tax

3. shipping

4. discount coupons

5. gift vouchers

6. total

Hope this solves your problem

that did solve it, thanx! i had assumed incorrectly that the math for the order total was independent of the display order.

I have set this contribution up (my first!) and it is working pretty well. I have noticed an error when I try to send a gift voucher to another email.

After the message text box, it says:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

If anyone can give me a hint what might be wrong I'd be very grateful. Also just wanted to thank everyone involved in making this contribution. I found it very straightforward to set up and it does just what I need it to.

If I can clear the error message I'll be all smiles.

Simon

Please can someone email me the whole package with all current fixes?

I was unable to make any sense from the contribution page :(

Email: ealex DOG ealex.net

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I would like to know that too... There should be a new field for people to fill in whether the file is just an update or includes the whole package.

However, I think I would download the German one, as he was smart enough to say

This package includes all files and the sql-file which are included in version 510c.

then download the top one, which looks like just a bug fix

I have set this contribution up (my first!) and it is working pretty well. I have noticed an error when I try to send a gift voucher to another email.

After the message text box, it says:

Error!

If anyone can give me a hint what might be wrong I'd be very grateful. Also just wanted to thank everyone involved in making this contribution. I found it very straightforward to set up and it does just what I need it to.

If I can clear the error message I'll be all smiles.

Simon

Having the same problem after adding a new category and subcategory (with products) Now the stuff that was working is broken :(

Having the same problem after adding a new category and subcategory (with products)  Now the stuff that was working is broken :(

The above happened to me Ultra Pics +MaxiDVD contibutions. Any help on the

Error!

I would also be eternally greatful (so would my hair, or what is left)

Kevin

The above happened to me Ultra Pics +MaxiDVD contibutions.  Any help on the

Error!

I would also be eternally greatful  (so would my hair, or what is left)

Kevin

I just noticed that while in admin mode -> products if I click preview, the page is perfect -

Looks like catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32 is being written instead of

catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

now where could that bug be hiding??

I just noticed that while in admin mode -> products if I click preview, the page is perfect -

Looks like catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32  is being written instead of

catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32

now where could that bug be hiding??

that's because you enabled in admin to use search-engine friendly urls. disable it and the urls should be ok again

Now the Credit Class & Gift Voucher system work in admin area but not showing anything in costomer area.

any tip for me so i dont need to go through all the files manually?

Thanks

I am having the same problems.

Admin works and everything is there. On the site there is the Gift Voucher FAQ but when you go to check out there is no place to put in the coupon or gift voucher information.

Can someone suggest what to look for or how to fix this?

Leon

leon, have you sent any gift vouchers or purchased any?

did you set gift vouchers up as products with GIFT_dollarvalue, ie GIFT_25

they have to be in caps.

also a few posts above shows the sort order for in admin

It has to be me, I swear. :blink: I have installed CCGV and it works, activated discount coupons and vouchers and can now not create a coupon. According to install.html the path is

admin->Vouchers/Coupons->Coupon Admin

yet I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody elese have this problem? I've searched and can't find anything on it.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all.

I've just installed os2.2 and copy over ccgv-510c just like the manual in ccgv says.

I realised at checkout_confirmation.php, there's no checkbox for gift vouchers.

On reading the post, everybody's solution is to change the sort order in admin -> modules -> order_total.

for example.

original sort order changed to this

1 sub total 1 sub total

2 shipping 2 shipping

3 tax 3 tax

9 gift vouchers 9 discount coupons

739 discount coupons 739 gift vouchers

740 total 740 total

and the checkbox will appear! :D

However, that will mean the discount is calculated before the gift voucher amount is deduced from the sub_total.(confirmed) now if i am the store owner, i wouldnt want that to happen. :blink: I would want the gift voucher amount to be deduced FIRST and then calculate the discount.

Also, this solution is not ideal, since the checkbox is supposed to come out regardless of the sort order. The sort order is for the order of factors to be calculated to get the total.

There must be a better way. Due to a newbie in php :huh: , i cant find the error. I have only managed to trace back the error to includes -> classes -> order_total.php, line 115

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

It would seems that, when the sort order git voucher is before that of discount coupons, the gv mod is not showing up and hence, no checkbox.

Can anyone help?? Mean while i will stick to the workable solution.

Cheers

ouch, just realised the spaces are eaten up.

the checkbox solution is to change the sort order in admin -> modules -> order_total.

original sort order

1 sub total

2 shipping

3 tax

9 gift vouchers

739 discount coupons

740 total

changed to this

1 sub total

2 shipping

3 tax

9 discount coupons

739 gift vouchers

740 total

yea

Okay here is the question.

There are three Gift Voucher that come with the contribution.

I know how to make a product and assign the jpg to it that is not the problem.

But how do you set the limit on how much has to be spent in order to use the gift certificate when creating one in the catalog for sale.

Because I was trying a $50 certicate that I created to test and the total for the sale was 46.00 so what happens to the $4.00 that is left over from the $50 voucher.

Lee

Okay have a slight cosmetic problem.

I have two coupon and gift voucher enteries in admin/my store.

How do I get rid of them.

?

Welcome Gift Voucher Amount

?

Welcome Gift Voucher Amount

?

Welcome Discount Coupon Code

?

Welcome Discount Coupon Code

This is what I am talking about.

must have a duplicate file somewhere.

Lee

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the 5.10c version. I have it working nicely, I believe, except for a couple things...

Info:

1. On my production site, I have the "free shipping with minimum order $" installed, and it's working fine.

2. I have a 5% discount coupon set up in the system.

3. I have 3 gift certificates set up for purchase by customers. (GIFT_025, GIFT_050 and GIFT_100) (have also tried CERT_025, CERT_050 and CERT_100)

Problems:

1. If a customer purchases a gift certificate (under $100 - with shipping) and goes to check out, the discount is WAY over 5%, for instance, a $25 gift certificate purchase will calculate an $8.88 discount (shown on screen), but doesn't actually get deducted from the total.

2. If a customer purchases a gift certificate (OVER $100 - no shipping) and goes to check out, there is NO discount calculated, and nothing shows, except for the info box shows "coupon more info" as normal.

(It seems to ONLY be gift certificates that do this... Normal items do not do this.

(Also, I may be able to "temporarily" detour this, I think, by setting the categories to discount, but with a LOT of categories, and adding new ones weekly, this would be dangerous)

5. On another test this morning, I set ONLY the categories that are NOT gift certificates to be discountable, then purchased one item for $50 that IS discountable via the coupon, and one CERT_025 (not discountable). The program calculated $5.00 for the discount, when it should be $2.50. It was not even 5% of the order total, but took it as a $5 discount. This blows my theory that it's only coupons, becaue I changed the code so they should not be recognized as "GIFT" coupons.

I cannot use the coupon feature until I resolve this, and would like to asap.

Is there any chance anyone can help me with these problems?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the 5.10c version.? I have it working nicely, I believe, except for a couple things...

Problems:

1. If a customer purchases a gift certificate (under $100 - with shipping) and goes to check out, the discount is WAY over 5%, for instance, a $25 gift certificate purchase will calculate an $8.88 discount (shown on screen), but doesn't actually get deducted from the total.

2. If a customer purchases a gift certificate (OVER $100 - no shipping) and goes to check out, there is NO discount calculated, and nothing shows, except for the info box shows "coupon? more info" as normal.

(It seems to ONLY be gift certificates that do this... Normal items do not do this.

(Also, I may be able to "temporarily" detour this, I think, by setting the categories to discount, but with a LOT of categories, and adding new ones weekly, this would be dangerous)

5. On another test this morning, I set ONLY the categories that are NOT gift certificates to be discountable, then purchased one item for $50 that IS discountable via the coupon, and one CERT_025 (not discountable).? The program calculated $5.00 for the discount, when it should be $2.50.? It was not even 5% of the order total, but took it as a $5 discount.? This blows my theory that it's only coupons, becaue I changed the code so they should not be recognized as "GIFT" coupons.

I cannot use the coupon feature until I resolve this, and would like to asap.

Is there any chance anyone can help me with these problems?

Thanks a lot.

I'm not positive, but I would guess that your miscalculations are stemming from incorrect order of the order_total modules in the Admin. Have you tried switching around the order they display & calculate in? The order does not affect only appearance, it affects how the program calculates discounts, how gift certificates are applied, etc.

Jacob

Edited by jacobr

Any help on the

Error!

I'm still getting this when a customer sends Gift Vouchers to another user. If anyone could give some idea where to look, I'd be grateful.

I checked the Search Engine safe URLs option as someone suggested. It is set to false.

The coupons are working like a charm. :thumbsup: