osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

does not it happen in this order:

in admin email coupon

user gets email with a link to redeem

user clicks redeem link and it brings him to a "coupon redeemed success page"

if user was not loged in it will ask him/her to login and redeemed coupon will be there.

this is how it worked for me when i tested the install.

or you want something different? from your post i gather that that is exactly what you want and it is built in already...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I want, but I want to do it from an email newsletter. But you've given me an idea how to figure it out. Perhaps if I create an email from within the admin, I can deconstruct the link.

The link need not be specific to a user. In fact, it needs to be able to go out to about 5000 people who are already members of our newsletter group.

I'll try the above and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea!

That's what I want, but I want to do it from an email newsletter. But you've given me an idea how to figure it out. Perhaps if I create an email from within the admin, I can deconstruct the link.

The link need not be specific to a user. In fact, it needs to be able to go out to about 5000 people who are already members of our newsletter group.

I'll try the above and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea!

OK, tried it. No go. I sent myself a coupon email. It sends the coupon code, but the link is just to the website. No automatic attaching of coupon. So, I'm back to my original question - Is there a way to create a link that puts the coupon code in to the basket from an email, so it's already there when they checkout?

I have ccgv installed, and it works great for coupons, but with gift vouchers, the option doesnt come up to use the gift voucher for the purchase.

It shows up in the shopping cart, says Voucher Balance, $x.xx

But in Checkout_payment.php the little checkbox that is supposed to be there to use the voucher balance, hardly ever shows up. Somehow, it showed up once and I was able to use the balance on the order total.

Coupons work fine, I enter the coupon code, and the proper amount is deducted on checkout. Its only the Gift Vouchers that arent working.

Anyone else have this problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Goanna--

I'm having the same problem.

Gift vouchers show up in the gift voucher bank. Checkout_payment.php shows the box for Redeeming codes. It works for coupon codes, but it doesn't for vouchers. They just go back into the bank, and aren't used in the purchase...

It looks like the checkbox for redeeming gift vouchers is disabled somehow, and thus no vouchers can be redeemed.

What could cause this?

I'm about to go live, and hadn't tested the use of vouchers. Wish I had noticed this sooner!! Help!

Sarah

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

Hi all, just wondering if any users of this contrib, using in conjuction with a qty discount, have run into the "double-discount" issue described in the post below:

How 2 exclude vouchers from quantity discount calc, Voucher getting "double discount"...

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Hi,

Fabulous contribution, it should definitely be made part of the next release, we simply wouldn't be able to operate with out it.

Thanks!

2 slight issues though which I don't know how to fix:

1) When I send a gift certificate to a customer from the admin, they get a link in their email like this:

http://..../catalog/gv_redeem.php/gv_no,a2178f

Which doesn't work. By trial and error I've found that there needs to be a slash (/) before the voucher code instead of a comma. Where do I change this to make the emails have a slash not a comma?

2) When a customer sends a voucher to a friend, the link to the site to redeem the voucher is not a clickable link ie it's just plain text. How do I make it a hypertext link?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

AutumnTD and Strider,

Thanks for the help! It's working and my client is happy now! Thanks so much!

Justin

:D

portalplanet: admin->modules->order totals->discount coupons click the recaclulate tax checkbox

sort orders:

Sub-Total 1 

Shipping 2 

Discount Coupons 9 

Tax 20 

Gift Vouchers 740 

Total 900 

Sometimes you want your tax to be 8 depending on your configuration.

AutumnTD and Goanna: sort order

Strider -

I have my order total sort orders set to the following:

Discount Coupons - 760

Gift Vouchers - 9

Shipping - 2

Sub-Total - 1

Tax - 3

Total - 900

...which is what the installation instructions suggested. I can't view the "tick to use gift vouchers" box on checkout_payment.php.

I guess I still don't see the problem. Can you be more specific?

Thanks for being such a great support on this thread.

Sarah

First you decide what you've got to do, and then you go out and do it.

Maybe the most that we can do is just see each other through it.

Ani Difranco

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the order totals that I think is related to this contribution. Here are the numbers at checkout:

Sub-Total: $202.77

United States Postal Service (3 x 46.62lbs) (Parcel Post): $24.99

Discount Coupons:25DISC: -$50.69

NC Sales Tax 7.0%: $10.65

Total: $187.71

The total should be $187.72 if you add everything up but it comes out a penny short. Any ideas where the problem might be? Without the discount, the numbers appear to work okay.

Strider -

I have my order total sort orders set to the following:

Discount Coupons - 760 

Gift Vouchers - 9 

Shipping - 2 

Sub-Total - 1 

Tax - 3 

Total - 900 

...which is what the installation instructions suggested.  I can't view the "tick to use gift vouchers" box on checkout_payment.php. 

I guess I still don't see the problem.  Can you be more specific? 

Thanks for being such a great support on this thread.

Sarah

Sarah,

Make Gift Vouchers 740 and Discount Coupons 9.

That should sort it for you!

Peter

And next to that i just found that when i redeem the Coupon the customer gets the following email:

Funny because the coupons is 10 worth... my tax rate is 19%

I figgered it out:

the price of ?8,40 is the dollar price of the 10 euro voucher. So that makes me believe that the coding is not looking at he currency.

anyone ?

is there anyone who knows about this problem ?

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the order totals that I think is related to this contribution.  Here are the numbers at checkout:

Sub-Total: $202.77

United States Postal Service (3 x 46.62lbs) (Parcel Post): $24.99

Discount Coupons:25DISC: -$50.69

NC Sales Tax 7.0%: $10.65

Total: $187.71

The total should be $187.72 if you add everything up but it comes out a penny short.  Any ideas where the problem might be?  Without the discount, the numbers appear to work okay.

My rounding error. I had added code to handle exporting the coupon discount information to my accounting software and forgot the tep_round call.

Hi,

I can't see anywhere in the thread where someone has had this problem, but I might be wrong....

If my customers use any method except PayPal to pay for a gift voucher, the voucher goe into the queue ready for me to release it when the payment is made, however, if they pay by paypal, the voucher doesn't go into the queue and doesn't go onto the customers account either.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Peter

Hello All-

I have been having an issue with the CCGV contribution for a few weeks now. I have installed it twice (I have to do it almost file by file due to other modifications i've done to this OSC install), although I can't even get it to show up. It works fine in the admin, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Where in the process should you be able to type in a coupon code? I have a few coupons set up now but, again, I have no idea where the input should show up, if i have to activate it, etc.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mike

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I did my best to search this thread and couldn't find anything similar.

I installed the gift voucher/discount coupon mod recently. I noticed that upon completion of checkout, the customer is redirected to the store's main page. This was not the case before the mod was added. They would be redirected to a page stating that their order has been sent and it would ask them if they want to be notified of any news about the particular product they purchased. This page is no longer shown.

My question is, is there something specific in this mod that redirects the customers to the main homepage once the 'confirm order' button is pressed, or did I miss something during installation?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I consider to install this contrib, but would like to read a description of how it actually works. There is very little info in the install file, so would be glad if anyone could point to some kind of documentation both regarding admin and seen from the user side.

Thanks.

Mogens

Hi there

Just installed on ms2.2 , work fine

have one problem when the link for cuppon info appear on the shopping cart box the link give an java script error and the popup cuppon help file

will not open.

anyone has the same problem?

is this a bug?

any idea how to fix it?

cheers..

ben

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

did u activate the ccgv in admin?  what do you have for sort order under order total?

Not sure if this was a reply to my post, but I'll take a chance and answer with my settings. :D

The mod was activated in admin and the order total sort is as follows:

Discount coupons: 9

Gift Vouchers: 740

Global Quantity Discounts: 2

Shipping: 3

Sub-total: 1

Tax: 20

Total: 900

The above mentioned problem occurs when the check/money order module is selected as a payment option. It doesn't concern me as much with Paypal, as it shows a splash screen of transaction completion before the customer is redirected to the homepage, which is what I want for that in the first place.

Thanks a lot for any help.

potikyan: This should be the last 25 lines or so of checkout_process.php

Please note the redirect on the next to last code line..... if for some reason you have unregistered the customer_id then you would be redirected back to the main page

tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
   tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

// load the after_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->after_process();

$cart->reset(true);

// unregister session variables used during checkout
 tep_session_unregister('sendto');
 tep_session_unregister('billto');
 tep_session_unregister('shipping');
 tep_session_unregister('payment');
 tep_session_unregister('comments');
if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
 $order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)