• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Just out of curiousity,

Should I have on my checkout_payment.php 2 textfields for redemptions?

One for coupons and one for redeeming voucher numbers in case the customer did not redeem through the link supplied in the email?

All i have is

-one textfield

-and if I have vouchers in my cart i have a checkbox on the right to use voucher total as payment.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, thanks..

I am still not sure on how we make sure the gift voucer is credited to the proper account if they redeem and they are not logged in. They are given a redeem code to keep but where do they put it if they redeem while not logged in ?

Also I am still having an awefull time trying to get the disocunts coupons to be valid when I specify a catagory or a product restiction. It only works when catagories or product restrictions are left blank in admin.

Anyway, thanks again, i am really hoping I can get this to work.

Mikey

I'm not sure about redeeming while not logged in either. If you redeem while not logged in, the voucher is lost in oblivion on my website. It can't be recovered because if you try to use that code again, it says the code is invalid since it has already been used and credited (to someone).

Drive it like you stole it.

Wow, after days of messing around with it I finally have the entire contribution working perfectly..

I would like to swear up and down that it was not the sort order of the Order Totals but at the end of the day it might of very well have been. I tested it many times trying to get it working and it never did but i must of done something right because today it worked great.

Thansk strider for helping trouble shoot.

Just for reference i have it working with STS Templates and Seperate Price per Customer Contributions which i originally thought was the root of the problems.

Mike

Great, thanks..

I am still not sure on how we make sure the gift voucer is credited to the proper account if they redeem and they are not logged in. They are given a redeem code to keep but where do they put it if they redeem while not logged in ?

Also I am still having an awefull time trying to get the disocunts coupons to be valid when I specify a catagory or a product restiction. It only works when catagories or product restrictions are left blank in admin.

Anyway, thanks again, i am really hoping I can get this to work.

Mikey

My discount coupons now seem to work in every way but one: the discounts from a %-based coupon are calculated incorrectly. I can't figure out what calculation they ARE based on, but here's a sample.

The discount coupon is set up to deduct 10% from the products in a valid products list. Here's what it deducts, instead (in the order in which the order total modules appear):

• 2 items in cart, ($19.95 & $29.95) subtotal: $49.90

• discount coupon: $1.18

• shipping: $5.85

• tax: $2.50

• 3 items in cart (same two plus one more; all are on the 'valid products list', ($19.95 & $29.95 & $39.95) subtotal: $89.85

• discount coupon: $1.77

• shipping: $5.85

• tax: $4.49

I'm using CCGV 510c, MS 2.2, PHP 4.3.4, mySQL 3.23.56, on Redhat Linux 9.0.

Any clues how to fix this?

Doug

I seem to be having the same problem.. My 10% off a catagory product are now only ducting partial the amount and I cant figure out what is is decuting..

IE.

Sub-Total: $43.00 (is a valid product)

Priority Shipping (3-6 days.) (Shipping to CM : 2 lb(s)): $14.25

Discount Coupons:underwear: -$2.86

Total: $54.39

but 10% of 43.00 is 4.30?

I sooo thought i had this worked out.. :(

Did you figure this out storyleader?

Hey....just for the fun of it...test this out...read it somewhere.

When you guys make a coupon for 10% in ADMIN... make sure it says 10.0000%

then create it.

See if that works.

I seem to be having the same problem.. My 10% off a catagory product are now only ducting partial the amount and I cant figure out what is is decuting..

IE.

Sub-Total: $43.00 (is a valid product)

Priority Shipping (3-6 days.) (Shipping to CM : 2 lb(s)): $14.25

Discount Coupons:underwear: -$2.86

Total: $54.39

but 10% of 43.00 is 4.30?

I sooo thought i had this worked out..  :(

Did you figure this out storyleader?

wow a new board...

VNekic: I hadn't heard that one before but I do know for the percentages to work it has to have a percent sign '%' at the end with no blanks .. (just to be safe) i.e. 10% but if you would like to go 10.00% or 10.0000% that is fine too

updmike: ok ... I have been playing with the coupons restricted to products and categories. I did find a problem within the restrict to product/categories discount coupon. It works fine on single or multiple products... as long as they don't have attributes. If the product has attributes the coupon doesn't play on that product though the coupon will play on other items within a valid product/category list.

TAPAKAH: to change the order of the payment page you need to actually go into checkout_payment and make the mods. in regards to the discount coupon showing up it is displayed generically within the shopping cart box

besheer: vouchers lost in oblivion ? that is really not true. I think you are running a customer non account version if I remember correctly and so you might be experiencing this. normally if a person is not logged in, the voucher is redeemed yet will not stay redeemed if they don't log in or create account.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Almost every single one of my products has attributes! How come it works if there are no restrictions?

All I really want to do is keep it from calculating a discount if someone buys a gift voucher.

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere - this is a very long topic!

wow a new board...

updmike: ok ... I have been playing with the coupons restricted to products and categories. I did find a problem within the restrict to product/categories discount coupon. It works fine on single or multiple products... as long as they don't have attributes. If the product has attributes the coupon doesn't play on that product though the coupon will play on other items within a valid product/category list.

I seem to have gotten everything to work for the gift voucher credit class, EXCEPT for the fact that it adds the discount on my admin side in the total rather than discounting the rebate. For example:

subtotal:$5.00

Gift Voucher: -$1.00

Total: 4.00

When I check in Admin it shows this:

subtotal:$5.00

Gift Voucher: $1.00

Total: 6.00

Can someone please help me with this? :(

I installed this a long time ago and just recently had time to tweak and use it. I looked in my files and it says Im using "Gift Voucher System v1.0"

I did away with the "send friend" totals were not being deducted. with that said, I am currently happy with the way its working... except when someone uses a gift voucher its showing up like a money order in my admin. I cant tell if it was a "moneyorder" order or a gift voucher.

Sub-Total: $4.50

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.35lbs) (First-Class Mail (2 - 5 Days)): $2.52

Total: $7.02

thats how it looks to me from the admin. However as the customer is showed my total as 0.00

My question is this, How can I fix it so it shows up as a gift voucher total 0.00?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am heavily modified.. Paypal IPN, Ebay Auction Manager, USPS shipping, Affiliate, Visitors, User Tracking, etc.. so I dont want to try to upgrade to the newest contribution as users are having problems.. If it aint broke dont fix it. LOL so I just want to fix it so I can tell it was a gift voucher/coupon.

Thanks

Tammy

Yahoo IM discountcelebrityphoto

wow a new board...

Has anyone have the disount coupon % working with attributes yet? Or can anyone Know in the code where I can check this out and see why its happening?

Been looking around and just not sure where to begin. I am willing to take the time and try to fix it but I am just not sure where to start?

Any help would be great..

Cheers..

Good day Strider... I have tested this my self using a dummy account and it works perfectly!! But I have had two customers tellme they have never received email for their Gift Vouchers! Nor an email when I redeem it via admin... any ideas?? I am at a loss as to why I get email via my dummy account and they get nothing? Thanks for your help~!

Ok, I'm not going to lie & say that I've read that last 77 pages, but I was wondering if anyone has the paypal ipn & CCGV working togerther successfully?

When I have someone purchase something & use the balance of the gift certificate, paypal shows a negative balance.

I have no idea what could be causing this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,

This contributions works great for me except for one thing -- the coupon is not correctly applied when a category restriction applies.

It works fine with the product restriction but not the Category restriction.

Is there something I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks.

Wendy

well it turns out that the email was not an isolated thing.... several other customers have said they get no email whatsoever from the store while others get all of them... anyone have this problem or know what the problen might be?  Thanks...

Spam Assassin??

This is a very common problem. Thanks to UCE, SPAM or whatever we're calling it this week. Whatever it is, about the best you can do is make sure your cart sends it out - and perhaps add language to any screen it would be helpful on asking the customer to add your URL to an exceptions filter for their anti-spam software. Sounds like you've done the first.

David

Morning David! Thanks that's what I had suspected we tried everything.... adding to the exceptions list , to the refers, even shutting McAfee down all to no avail... must be on their server side which I can do nothing about *sigh*

Have a great day!

I have finally gotten this thing working and it is awesome! I do have one problem though. Where does a customer buy a Gift Voucher? In the faq it says one can buy them just like any other product, but I am not sure how to list it. I am also getting an error in the "gv_send" send file, this:

First off, I am EXTREMELY sorry if this has already been covered, but I don't think that I have the time or energy to go through the 150 pages to see if this has been dealt with yet... Again, my humblest apologies

I have 2 issues with this otherwise exceptional contribution:

1) When I email an amount from admin, the email goes through great, but when I click on the link in the resulting email, the page never loads. I get the following error in a popup box:

No idea how to solve that.

2) While inside a demo customer's account that has a voucher balance, I click on the "Send Gift Voucher" link in the cart. I get the resultant page, with the form rendered beautifully, but I don't get any of the buttons that would actually make the page useful. Instead I get:

ERROR!

Unable to determine page link!

I've gotten both of these errors on a virgin install of 2.2ms2. I installed 510b (dated Jan. 2, 2004), and then updated with all of the contributions since then, with the exception of the Sept. 4, 2004 510c Bug Fix.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!!

the error is what I am getting. I know that info on Customer's GV account should show up in the shopping cart, but I am getting nothing there.

Has anyone come up with any ideas on this?

also

Ok, I'm not going to lie & say that I've read that last 77 pages, but I was wondering if anyone has the paypal ipn & CCGV working togerther successfully?

I am using PayPal IPN and everything except what I have asked about seems to be working fine. the calculations all add up for me. I have my sort order set with the GV and Coupon as 2 and 3, redeeming and calculating them before the shipping charges are applied. Have done several test purchases and they each went through fine.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi everybody,

I read 100's if not 1000s of posts. Had some issues with the Contribution but most of them have been solved.

I think I am using 5.06

($Id: ot_coupon.php,v 1.1.2.37 2003/07/24 22:52:59 Strider-Cote Exp $

$Id: ot_coupon.php,v 1.1.2.36 2003/05/14 22:52:59 wilt Exp $)

The only problem am facing is also faced by other members. When I create a discount coupon and enter the discount as % for a specified category, the payment module doesn't calculate the discount. But the mod works fine with $ for categories and $ and % for individual products.

If someone has a fix for that then plss let us know.

Thanks

P.S. - I had the problem with shipping charges when buying a GV with other products.... but I solved it. Heres the solution for others who r trying to figure it out (the solution has been already posted 4-5 pages back)

Enable Downloads thru Admin > Configuration > Downloads

Set the GV's weight = 0

and finally, set the include shipping to false in admin > modules > order total > gift vouchers.