• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hey Ryan,

Sounds like a very nice mod. It also doesn't sound like there should be a conflict. I wonder why this person thought there needed to be a new mod for this. I will give it a whirl and see what happens on this end.

Strrider

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really need to be careful when using mods... especially when they call other sites as some have been known to do.

what does address enhancer do?

Address Enhancer:

allow you to assign specific address book entries to a default shipping and a default billing address

Gives your customers the ability to have 3 addresses to thier accounts.

Main Address

Shipping Address

Billing Address

That's it !!! Nothing too fancy.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ddress+Enhancer

That all now works with the RMA system

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ddress+Enhancer

And all that ties into this great contrib.... giving you a full system.

Only thing missing is being able to place customers in to GROUPS where they get different prices (ie; wholesale, 10% off group, frequent flyer) :D

Go check them out...simple mods that help...just real fun tie'n all together.

Thanks for the advice on the TAX issue... I'll try that.

Later!

$sendto = false;

To:

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

If I change this, I get the issue where it continually goes back to "Payment Information". I put it back to "$sendto = false;" and check was successful with only a Gift Voucher in cart.

Any ideas why this was done.... what is your recommendation Strider?

Thanks, hope this helps some. :)

I know I'm not Strider but a better fix for this is to change the address enhancer code! The Gift Voucher changed nothing from the stock oscommerce pertaining to this issue at all except the inclusion of the virtual weight check (which I believe is used for Gift Voucher purchases).

// if no shipping destination address was selected, use their own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {

to

// if no shipping destination address was selected, use their own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto') || ($sendto == false)) {

HTH

I needed a quick and easy fix since I am running Seperate Price Per Customer contribution and did not want to allow my Wholesale and Dropship customers to be able to enter coupon codes upon Checkout.

This replaces the coupon redemption field with whatever you want to show if the customer is in a discount group and allready has Discounted Pricing.

I am reall new to doing stuff like this so it may not be perfect but maybe it will help someone else who is wanting to use something like this

Quick Edit to ot_coupon.php in the Oder Total Module.

function credit_selection() {

// BOF - Separate_Pricing_Per_Customer_contributions

//find customers group ID

global $customer_id;

$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . "        where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");

$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);

$customer_group_code = $customer_group[customers_group_id];

//EOF -Seperate Pricing per customer

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = '';

$selection_string .= '<tr>' . "\n";

$selection_string .= ' <td width="10">' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') .'</td>';

$selection_string .= ' <td class="main">' . "\n";

$image_submit = '<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="submitFunction()" src="' . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" border="0" alt="' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '" title = "' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '">';

// if customer is in the default group then show coupon code textbox

// default customer group is set to 0

if ($customer_group_code == 0){

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_COUPON_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code') . '</td>';

}else{

//customer allready has discounted options so do not show coupon box

$selection_string .= 'Wholesale and Dropship Partners may use Gift Vouchers for payment but discount coupons will not be accepted. ';

$selection_string .= '</td>';

}

$selection_string .= ' <td align="right">' . $image_submit . '</td>';

$selection_string .= ' <td width="10">' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1') . '</td>';

$selection_string .= '</tr>' . "\n";

return $selection_string;

}

After going through about 70 pages of this thread, and probably missing a few...I have a problem on checkout. I read in the early posts people were having problems with Authorize.net. Their problems were fixed by installing 5.10b, which I am already running. I am having the same problem with the stock credit card payment module.

It is the only payment method I am using. When I try to use a voucher, it acts like I was trying to make a credit card payment and used a bad number. I get the "The first four digits of the number entered are..." message. If I use another method (just for checking) such as money order, it works. Even with the money order module enabled, if the credit card box is the chosen one, I still get the error. I tried uploading the checkout_proccess.php file several times and removed and reinstalled the GV module in the admin panel several times. Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks.

Drive it like you stole it.

Here is a new question...

- DELETE Gift Voucher in Queue:

This has to do with admin.... Gift Voucher Release Queue

I see that we can REDEEM.... how do we delete... (payment didn't go through with money order/check)

Short of deleting from database itself. A delete button would tie this up nicely!

Hey just wondering if anyone had a solution for the above quote?

Barret

I'm having a problem with this contribution. When I add a new coupon there is a 1 in the field for "Uses per Customer". When I delete it then come back in to edit the coupon it is set to 1 again. What could be my problem?

Thanks

I'm having a problem with this contribution and Paypal. It seems that Paypal is not including discounts applied to the order with a discount coupon.

During checkout, the subtotal, discount, tax, shipping, and total all look fine on the oscommerce checkout page, but during the Paypal payment process, the subtotal shows up instead as the total for the order. In addition, a different tax amount is shown based upon the subtotal without the discount applied. The discount amount and shipping costs do not appear at all on the Paypal payment page.

Any ideas?

bobc: which version of paypal are you using. if you are using greg's then do an aggregate. Also I believe there are some options to choose in the paypal mod for that.

marcie: It defaults to 1 when you edit if 0 when you create the blank coupon it sets it to 0 when saved. Just clear it again and it will be ok

barretny: no. not til the next release

besheer: there could be a couple of things ... if you are using the stock authorize net then you need to look at your shipping option under gv to make sure you are including tax and shipping. if you are using directx then you need to look at bug I think it is 416 or something like that(discussed earlier in this forum) to make the changes needed for checkout process.

Ryan: I think you got it on the change needed. I think that mod is used for downloadable files also.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

hEY aLL,

I am using this contribution in two stores and it is working well except in one store it will only give a discount when no restrictions on catagories or products are set. If I set a catagory list ( ie. 30, 92 or even just 30) it will not allow the discount to take place.

Any idea on this? I am using search friendly URLs but both stores are the same that way. Maybe i missed an instalation piece?

Any help would be greatly helpfull or even a hint to where to start looking to debug this.

Thanks.

Mike

Thanks strider, but it still goes back to 1 and 0 on the # of times the coupon can be used. It use to work when I first installed it, but I've installed the Paypal IPN contrib after, would that have anything to do with it?

I might also mention that in the database when I view the coupons they are set to the correct #'s......

Very confused!

bobc: which version of paypal are you using. if you are using greg's then do an aggregate. Also I believe there are some options to choose in the paypal mod for that.

Thanks, Strider, changing it to 'aggregate' did the trick. Great contribution, btw!

besheer: there could be a couple of things ... if you are using the stock authorize net then you need to look at your shipping option under gv to make sure you are including tax and shipping. if you are using directx then you need to look at bug I think it is 416 or something like that(discussed earlier in this forum) to make the changes needed for checkout process.

strider, thank you very much for the quick reply. I am not using Authorize or any of the other modules that use a gateway. I am just using the stock credit card module that sends an email with the middle numbers to the store owner and stores the other numbers in the db. It is still looking for the credit card number and is completely ignoring the tick box.

I looked at the bug report (1629 - Error in checkout_process.php's logic) is that what you were talking about? It's the only one I found referece to in this thread. And it does not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

First off, I am EXTREMELY sorry if this has already been covered, but I don't think that I have the time or energy to go through the 150 pages to see if this has been dealt with yet... Again, my humblest apologies

I have 2 issues with this otherwise exceptional contribution:

1) When I email an amount from admin, the email goes through great, but when I click on the link in the resulting email, the page never loads. I get the following error in a popup box:

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused

by cookies that are blocked.

No idea how to solve that.

2) While inside a demo customer's account that has a voucher balance, I click on the "Send Gift Voucher" link in the cart. I get the resultant page, with the form rendered beautifully, but I don't get any of the buttons that would actually make the page useful. Instead I get:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

I've gotten both of these errors on a virgin install of 2.2ms2. I installed 510b (dated Jan. 2, 2004), and then updated with all of the contributions since then, with the exception of the Sept. 4, 2004 510c Bug Fix.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!!

Another thing I just noticed (sorry, it won't let me edit the previous posts). When I add the check/money order module, and click that then try to use a voucher, the voucher works. But it still sees the payment as a money order payment. It is registered as a money order payment and the confirmation page shows "Please send money order to..."

So the problem is not as simple as I thought. It's just not recognizing the GV as a payment method at all.

updmike: well it is kind of hard to tell .. since it is working on one store and not the other you probably had an error in the upload of something so lets start with looking at the discount coupon in the view window in admin just to make sure it is setup correctly. Also look in the tables to make sure it is setup correctly. then make sure that you have discount coupons enabled under modules order total

marcie: it defaults to those numbers when you re-edit the coupon

besheer: you probably either don't have your gv setup correctly in the admin->modules->ordertotal. an easy way to see this is when you get to checkout_confirmation and say you have the check_money order clicked .. what are your totals...

EricR: in using the authorize.net directx modules etc there is a bug in the checkout_process file. It is actually a logic design within the osc logic methodology explained here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1...yment%2BModules

this actually does not have anything to do with normal payment modules such like besheer is using...

updmike: well it is kind of hard to tell .. since it is working on one store and not the other you probably had an error in the upload of something so lets start with looking at the discount coupon in the view window in admin just to make sure it is setup correctly. Also look in the tables to make sure it is setup correctly. then make sure that you have discount coupons enabled under modules order total

Hi strider,

Thanks for the reply.

My coupons are enabled and they do actually work when I set them to No restrictions at the Product and Catagory Level. My Tables are fine and vouchers checkbox and coupon redemption are showing up on the checkout_payment.php.

The Cart and checkout is not deducting the Coupons when I set a catagory or Product Restriction on the coupon.

The cart and checkout does work perfectly when I set the coupon restriction to No retricitions on catagory or Products.

Hope this clarifies it, I have gone over the instalation and it looks like i have everything changed that needed to be.

besheer: you probably either don't have your gv setup correctly in the admin->modules->ordertotal. an easy way to see this is when you get to checkout_confirmation and say you have the check_money order clicked .. what are your totals...

strider, I followed all the advice about the sort orders I could find in this thread. My totals are coming up like this:

Sub-Total: $15.00

Federal Express (1 x 5lbs) (Home Delivery (1 days)): $5.32

TX Tax 7.875%: $1.60

Gift Vouchers: $21.92

Total: $0.00

Seems accurate, I think. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

New findings: The credit card error has nothing to do with any verification process. Here's why. I disabled the credit card module and only enabled two modules: money orders and COD. The website is behaving like GV is not even there. You have to select a valid payment method, in this case either of the two. No credit card error pops up here obviously. BUT, if you don't tick the GV, it STILL deducts from the GV balance. So basically it's acting like GV is not there as far as choosing a payment method. But at the same time it's debiting the GV balance whether or not you tick it. So it's really only passing a transaction if you pay using both the GV and another valid method. That's why the CC module is triggering an error. Because it really does want a valid CC number.

fresco, logically that sort order does not make any sense, but amazingly it stopped the error. What's even stranger, is after doing it, and going back to my original sort order, the error is still gone. But I still have one problem. It wants to deduct from the GV balance whether or not it is ticked. :huh:

Also, even if the GV is chosen, on the checkout_confirmation page, in the email, and in the admin panel, the payment method is recorded as "credit card." Is this normal given that the only payment method I offer is credit card? Or is it supposed to say somethiing like "GV balance?"

Thanks a lot fresco...baby steps :)

Edited by besheer

fresco, logically that sort order does not make any sense, but amazingly it stopped the error.

totaly agree - it looks rediculos on the checkout...

What's even stranger, is after doing it, and going back to my original sort order, the error is still gone.

did you edit the bug in the checkout_process.php as of that post? if you dit perhaps that is why.

But I still have one problem. It wants to deduct from the GV balance whether or not it is ticked.

have no clue about that - will check jus to see if it does that to me too...

Also, even if the GV is chosen, on the checkout_confirmation page, in the email, and in the admin panel, the payment method is recorded as "credit card." Is this normal given that the only payment method I offer is credit card? Or is it supposed to say somethiing like "GV balance?"

probably it should, but i suppose it gets whatever is the main payment and treats cv as a discount - i believe it would be a whole load of coding to make it separate the two...

it also does funny things with the free shipping coupon - deducts the cost of the shipping from the cost of the product when goes to the processor (paypal in my case) I should try to have negative ammount and see what it will do. heh :ph34r:

I am glad it worked for you.

did you edit the bug in the checkout_process.php as of that post? if you dit perhaps that is why.

I had tried that a couple of days ago and it didn't change anything so I reverted to the original. Maybe I should do it anyway because it's still buggy. For example, if you choose FedEx express saver 3-day shipping, it gives the credit card error again for some reason :lol: