• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

2) Was it ever answered how to exclude shipping from a gift certificate? The code seems to be there, but it's not working. I couldn't find any answers in the pages I browsed through here.

Thanks much!

Susan Midlarsky

Hi Susan.... what I did was to enable the 'download' in the admin config section. Then you set the gift voucher weight to zero...... it worked for me.... :)

I have a similar problem. I've enabled downloads and set the gv weights to 0 and when I purchase the gv alone it doesn't include shipping, but if I purchase together with another item it charges shipping on both items.

I'm using table rate shipping method.

Anyone have this problem that got it fixed and can help me out? ;)

Thanks,

Tim

:D To make it include shipping you need to go in the admin area, modules, order total, select gift vouchers and then edit theres a radial button to select incldue shipping. Heres some help with gift vouchers.

Creating a Gift Voucher.

Creating a gift voucher for a customer to buy is the same as creating a new product with the exception that the gift vouchers model number must start with the word GIFT in upper case. It can be GIFT_25 or GIFT25 or whatever you would like to use. as the suffix to the word. But MUST START with the word GIFT You can create gift vouchers in any denomination. Gift certificate images have been provide in the catalog\images directory in denominations of 25$, 50$ and 100$ values.

You can also create gift vouchers by sending them to your customers via the admin->Vouchers/Coupons->Mail Gift Voucher selection within the admin. To use this to send a voucher to a customer use the drop down customer list. To send to a single customer or future customer you can put their email in the Email To: text box. Do not use both the customer dropdown list and the Email To: text box or the customer will get 2 gift vouchers. To determine what values the gift voucher is used on please see the doc on modules->order total->gift vouchers.

Gift vouchers are a virtual product. In this regard, in many shops, they do not require shipping charges to be added to them. To avert the shipping charge on gift vouchers set the weight of the gift voucher to 0 when creating the product and enable downloads by setting true the value admin->configuration->downloads->enable download .

Creating Discount Coupons:

Creating a discount coupon is done through the admin->Vouchers/Coupons->Coupon Admin This selection allows you to create/insert, edit, email and delete a coupon. Coupons can be created in fixed or percentage amounts, for a single product, multiple products, a single category, multiple categories or the complete inventory. A note on product discounts: product discounts (which includes categories) are just that product discounts. Though you can set the modules->order total -> discount coupon to do shipping, tax, etc... this type of coupon will not figure the percentages of shipping tax. Though it will discount shipping it isn't a true discount in that it doesn't try to determine the products value in shipping etc.

Enabling Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons

To enable the Gift Voucher, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Gift Vouchers and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the words install. Click that.

To enable the Discount Coupon, go to your admin->modules->order_total->Discount Coupons and choose to install it. On a default system there should be a button with a green cross and the words install. Click that.

The default settings for the Discount Coupons are as follows:

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

The default settings for the Gift Voucher is as follows:

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

Before we start playing around with all the sort orders and other settings let's just get it running now.

Welcome Message Gift Voucher and Discount Coupon

There has been some changes in the way you instantiate the welcome message gift voucher and discount coupon. The default value of the new customer gift voucher and discount coupon are set so that no value or notification is sent in the welcome email.

The value in the admin->configuration->Welcome Gift Voucher Amount

tells the system how much of a gift voucher you would like to send your customer that has just created an account. If you do not want to use this option set the text box to 0. Do not leave blank.

To change the discount coupon that you send to your customer when creating a new account edit the

admin->configuration->Welcome Discount Coupon Code:

and place the coupon code that you would like to use in this textbox. Note: Previous versions of the Discount Coupon used the coupon_id value from the database. This version uses the coupon code that is made when you create the Discount Coupon.

Explanations of Gift Voucher Configuration Parameters.

To edit configuration parameters click on the edit button in the right hand box of admin->modules->order total->gift voucher

The parameters are set as follows.

Display Total:

Always leave set to true.

Sort Order:

This needs to be set according to how you want tax to be calculated. You will also need to change the sort order of the other order total modules.

I would set the sort order of the order total modules as follows.

No tax recalculation required.

Sub-total - Sort order = 1

Shipping - Sort order = 2

Tax - Sort order = 3

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 9

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =740

Total - Sort Order = 900

Tax recalculation required

Gift Voucher - Sort order = 740

Discount Coupons - Sort Order =760

Tax - Sort order = 800

Total - Sort Order = 900

Queue Purchases:

When a Gift Voucher is purchased there exists a possibility for fraud. Depending on the payment method, the customer may purchase a Gift Voucher, then by whatever means, cancel their payment. They can then use the Gift Voucher to spend on your store without having paid for it. If you have some payment methods that might make this possible then you should set this option to true.

Now when the customer purchases a Gift Voucher it will be logged in a queue. The customer will not be able to use the Gift Voucher until you use the admin option to release it from the queue.

If set to false the Gift Voucher will be immediately available to the customer.

Include Shipping:

Set to true to include shipping in the amount that the Gift Voucher is used to pay for during checkout.

Include Tax:

Set to true to include tax in the amount that the Gift Voucher is used to pay for during checkout.

Recalculate Tax:

The decision as to whether to recalculate tax depends on the Tax laws in the shop owners country. In most cases this should be left set at none. If you do need to re-calculate the tax element after deduction of the Gift Voucher amount, there are two strategies available.

Standard - This simply recalculates the tax on any taxable elements after deduction of the Gift Voucher amount. For example. If the cart contains $100 of goods which are liable to tax at 10% then before the Gift Voucher is applied then the checkout values will look like this.

sub-total = 100.00

tax = 10.00

total = 110.00

If the Gift Voucher is worth $10 then with standard tax recalculation the checkout values will look like this.

sub-total = 100.00

Gift Voucher = 10.00

tax = 9.00

total = 99.00

Credit Note - This recalculates the tax by considering the Gift Voucher amount as a Credit Note. If the Gift Voucher is worth $10 and the Tax Class (see below) assigned to the Gift Voucher gives a tax rate of 10% then the Gift Voucher is assumed to contain a tax element of $0.91 (10/110*10)

This would give checkout values as follows

sub-total = 100.00

Gift Voucher = 10.00

tax = 9.09 (10-0.91)

total = 99.09

Tax Class:

This is used to assign a tax class that is used when using the Credit Note tax recalculation method.

Credit including Tax:

The Gift Voucher is created just like any other product in the store. Like any other product it can have a tax class assigned to it. Consider this situation.

In your country you must apply tax to Gift Voucher purchases at a rate of 10%. When you created the Gift Voucher product you assigned a tax class to accomplish this. The Gift Voucher price was set at $10.00 so at checkout the customer will be charged $11.00.

Now how much should go into the customers Gift Voucher account. if this option is set to true then they will get $11.00 in their GV account. If set to false they will get $10.00 in their Gift Voucher account.

Explanations of Discount Coupon Configuration Parameters.

To edit configuration parameters click on the edit button in the right hand box of admin->modules->order total->discount coupon

Note: enabling and configuration values are similar to Gift Vouchers.

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Display Total: Always leave set to true.

Sort Order:

This needs to be set according to how you want tax and your discount to be calculated. You will also need to change the sort order of the other order total modules.

I would set the sort order of the order total modules as follows.

Tax - Sort order = 3

Total - Sort Order = 900

This allows the gift voucher to assume a greater amount of the total cost while applying the discount to the total after the gift voucher has been applied. If you have recalculate tax set to true then you should place the sort order as the following

Tax - Sort order = 800

Total - Sort Order = 900

note: your discount coupon has many choices for per product/category items tax is only calculated on the item not on the total tax, so if you have tax on shipping it will not be recalculated though shipping would be if shipping is set to true.

Include Shipping: true

Include shipping allows the discount coupon to be used against shipping also. If the discount coupon is used on a site wide basis the shipping tax is included in the discount if you have tax set to true else it only applies to the shipping.

Include Tax: true

Include tax allows the tax of the item to be discounted as well as the item.

Re-calculate Tax: None

recalculating tax allows the tax to be shown either with the new tax or not. note: this item needs to be in conjunction with the sort order of how you would like it to be shown and include tax.

Tax Class --none--

Determines on which tax class you would like the discount coupon to be used against.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear need_help.php,

Thanks so much for posting that again. I did read through it when setting up my store, and the problem of shipping costs had been solved, but the trick about subtracting the voucher from the order total was crucial. Changing the Order Total sort order to 900 solved it for me. I'm not sure why it's not set this way by default! :-)

Thanks,

Susan

hi everyone,

first off great contrib! just what the doctor ordered. however as always i have come across a snag. hopefully its an easy one to answer...

ok here's the deal:

i want to give away a free CD with every order over ?15.

here's what i've done:

1) create a discount coupon

2) ammount of coupon is ?6 as thats how much the cd costs

3) set the minimum order ammount as ?15

4) free shipping is NOT ticked

5) coupon code: freecd

6) uses per customer and voucher (blank, unlimited)

7) valid product list (207,208,209,210) (these are a list of the cd's im giving away free)

8) valid category list (22_56) (category the cd's are in)

9) start and end date (valid for 1 month)

ok, save that and then activate that to be included in the welcome email.

1) now i goto the shop and create an account

2) recieve email with coupon code

3) select a range of products so the total comes to over ?15 (also have selected cd i want for free)

4) then goto check out and enter the payment option and enter the redeem code

5) the confirmation page that follows doesn't display any discount info (so hasn't worked).

6) if i then goto the admin and remove the "valid product list" and "valid category list" save it and goto the checkout_confirmation page, the discount info then appears (so it has worked).

However, if i was to remove the free cd from the cart and proceed to checkout the ?6 discount appears, so this is wrong because i dont want ?6 discount to be added unless the free cd is in the cart. Otherwise i'll be sending a free cd out and they'll have also got ?6 off the cart total.

hope this makes sense. so to summerise, what this needs is, when creating a discount coupon and when using the valid product list, it needs to calculate the discount on that product even if you have other products from other categories in the cart.

any help appricated

Dave

Edited by davestacey

2) Was it ever answered how to exclude shipping from a gift certificate? The code seems to be there, but it's not working. I couldn't find any answers in the pages I browsed through here.

Thanks much!

Susan Midlarsky

Hi Susan.... what I did was to enable the 'download' in the admin config section. Then you set the gift voucher weight to zero...... it worked for me.... :)

I have a similar problem. I've enabled downloads and set the gv weights to 0 and when I purchase the gv alone it doesn't include shipping, but if I purchase together with another item it charges shipping on both items.

I'm using table rate shipping method.

Anyone have this problem that got it fixed and can help me out? ;)

Thanks,

Tim

:D To make it include shipping you need to go in the admin area, modules, order total, select gift vouchers and then edit theres a radial button to select incldue shipping.

I don't think I made myself clear on that question. It is true that when that radial button is set to true for include shipping the gift voucher will inlcude the shipping, but that's not what I was talking about I just used poor wording.

When the customer purchases an item, the shipping is calculated correctly for that item and everything is great. But, when they also put a gift voucher in thier basket the shipping amount goes up even though I don't have to ship it to them.

Hopefully that explains the problem better ;)

Thanks for any help

Tim

First and foremost, a big thank you to everyone who made this contribution possible.

I do have some questions about the features. I have searched the support thread but I could not find any answeres -- it might been posted before but I might have missed the posting or the answers (or both).

It appears that there is no check for a valid mailbox. If the customers make a mistake in entering the email address, the gift voucher gets sent to no-one, and the voucher will remain outstanding. My questions are:

== Has anyone implemented an email address check for the contribution?

== Can we tell if the voucher has been sent and received by the intended recepient?

== If the voucher has been "mis-sent", can it be invalidated? We can delete the voucher from the database directly but I am against this approach as it does not leave an audit trail for future reference.

Thanks for your help

nyderm: In the standard release there is a bug if you are using table based shipping. you are correct if there is only the gift voucher it works ok but if more than one item all items get set for the table rate. I think it is changed in the table.php file and it needs to check for virtual_count instead of product_count or something like that.

klho: when the person sends the gift voucher the voucher id is presented to him and if he/she blew the email addy then they just redeem that voucher number and try to send it again, which also invalidates the gv that was previously sent.

can we tell if the voucher is used by the intended recipient, no because they don't have to use the same email addy that the gv was sent to.

davestacey: the category id is just a single number i.e. 56 not 27_56

free shipping and discounts are exclusive of each other with free shipping taking precedence.

Lavarock: you installed the sql file twice. You will need to go in and remove the items by hand with phpmyadmin from the configuration table. besides that they are correct based on the sort order of the tables themselves

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

i have installed this contribution to a clean osC code. the thing i do not see compared to the way they were before, is during checkout, a spot to enter the coupon code.

did i do something wrong or has this changed?

Strider,

any updates on the bug I submitted a few months ago?

hobbzilla: Give the man a cigar he found a bug I think. I thought for sure we rang out that code but I see it blows with a percentage discount on attributed items. I will have to look at it. It does work with fixed amounts on attributed items though. I will try to look at it this weekend. There is another patch I need to add to that portion anyway so it will be good to get them both out.

-Ryan

Edited by hobbzilla

I have a comment for this contribution, which may help others. There are so many versions in there, you have to open each one to figure out what it contains. Thus, anytime someone modifies the contribution, to include those changes WITH the full package, makes it so much nicer for everyone all the way around.

the latest one has the Chinese in there however the original part of the contribution is not there.

There are so many versions in there, you have to open each one to figure out what it contains. Thus, anytime someone modifies the contribution, to include those changes WITH the full package, makes it so much nicer for everyone all the way around.

Damn, it's not only me that thinks of these things.

Nice one!

I am about to install this contribution and offhand it looks like the latest version from Tim Huang has everything in it. Am I missing something? Mibble stated that the 'original part of the contribution is not there' -- what is missing?

In any event, what would be the best version to use? I don't need any other language than English at the moment.

Firstly, I installed the contribution step by step on my modified store (I'm a newbe) yet everything worked fine the moment I tested. I sent vouchers, certifs, redeemed- everything I could think off. Then I felt luckly and installed the rewards module. Now I can only redeem reward points at checkout and no longer the gift certificates. Are they exclusive of each other or did I mess up (very likly the case). I made alteration from the rewards form to get them to work.

Anybody else have both int he store and working?

Again, great module!

Rene

nyderm: In the standard release there is a bug if you are using table based shipping. you are correct if there is only the gift voucher it works ok but if more than one item all items get set for the table rate. I think it is changed in the table.php file and it needs to check for virtual_count instead of product_count or something like that.

So, is there anything I can do about this? I've looked through the code on table.php and I see no use of product count anywhere. Am I beating a dead horse with this one and shoud I just tell my customers not to buy gift vouchers with other products or could there be a fix for this?

Thanks, great contribution btw I love it ;)

Tim

I am about to install this contribution and offhand it looks like the latest version from Tim Huang has everything in it.  Am I missing something?  Mibble stated that the 'original part of the contribution is not there' -- what is missing? 

In any event, what would be the best version to use?  I don't need any other language than English at the moment.

Okay, I discovered the missing files and installed the contribution successfully. I have a problem, though. I set the sort order as specified in the configuration parameters for the Tax Recalculation case as :

Sub-total: 1

Shipping: 2

Gift Voucher (not installed)

Discount Coupons: 760

Tax: 800

Total: 900

I then created a discount coupon for Free Shipping. When applied to an order, the totals show up like:

Sub-Total: $3.38

United Parcel Service (1 x 0.25lbs) (Ground): $4.85

Discount Coupons:PICKUP: -$3.38

NC Sales Tax 7.0%: $0.24

Total: $5.09

Somehow, it is taking the subtotal amount for the discount instead of the shipping amount. It was previously working okay before I changed the sort order and parameters for Include shipping to false, include tax to false, and Re-calculate Tax to Standard.

Any ideas?

Okay, I discovered the missing files and installed the contribution successfully. I have a problem, though. I set the sort order as specified in the configuration parameters for the Tax Recalculation case as :

Sub-total: 1

Shipping: 2

Gift Voucher (not installed)

Discount Coupons: 760

Tax: 800

Total: 900

I then created a discount coupon for Free Shipping. When applied to an order, the totals show up like:

Sub-Total: $3.38

United Parcel Service (1 x 0.25lbs) (Ground): $4.85

Discount Coupons:PICKUP: -$3.38

NC Sales Tax 7.0%: $0.24

Total: $5.09

Somehow, it is taking the subtotal amount for the discount instead of the shipping amount. It was previously working okay before I changed the sort order and parameters for Include shipping to false, include tax to false, and Re-calculate Tax to Standard.

Any ideas?

Okay, after some tests, the problem appears to be setting Include Shipping to False. It looks like there is a problem if you do not want discounts applied to shipping but you also want to have a coupon for Free Shipping. I can't see how to do both. If I find a fix, I'll post it.

Thought I would post this directly in the credit class area to see if I can get some help. I have done the install for the gift voucher contribution and it seemed to go fine, except I am now getting the following error message in my online catalog page -

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/aunique/public_html/osCommercedownload/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

2) Also on my main page in the information box, the link to the Gift Voucher info page has the following words - BOX_INFORMATION_GV. I would like to change this to just say Gift Certificate Info. what page do I edit to do this? Also when it is clicked the page comes up blank, so I must have missed something?

2) I sent myself a gift voucher and this is what the page says when I open the link from the e-mail -

1146 - Table 'aunique_osc1.TABLE_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select c.coupon_id, c.coupon_amount from TABLE_COUPONS c, TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK et where coupon_code = '41a5e7' and c.coupon_id = et.coupon_id

[TEP STOP]

Any tips on how to fix that?

I'm a new chick at this PHP stuff so if anyone post a reply please do it in PHP for the newbie mode,lol.

Thanks a million to anyone who can help

Tina

Hi All,

Just need to verify something, in two of the table for this contrib is listed 'order_id' one of type int(5); and the other as int(11);

Question is are they linked to the 'order_id' in the 'orders' table for tracking where/who the coupon is used?

If so i'll need to change them.

TYIA

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

installed510c and get this error now going thru checkout

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_address_book_list() in ***/catalognew/checkout_shipping.php on line 277

I cannot find that function in any version...have searched support and don't find that function anywhere...????

bopp

code line is:

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('update_address', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'update'); ?><?php echo tep_get_address_book_list('shipto', $sendto, $customer_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></form><BR><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, true, ' ', '<br>'); //rmh addr-enhancer ?></td>

code line in std osc 2.2 is:

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>

I have a very early version of this contrib installed and it does seem to work fine, but I think I need to upgrade to v5.10 or newer in order to get a feature working in the RMA_return_2.3 contrib. I've downloaded both 5.10b and 5.10c and I've looked through the install instructions but in both versions, the Upgrade instructions have not been completed or included. Has anyone here upgraded this contribution? Can anyone provide instructions or maybe some pointers?

I have Linda McGraths SEC_2.2MS2 version of osCommerce installed and it came with the CCGV contrib pre-installed.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

Hi,

I have problems sending the coupon code (ver.5.10c). Get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: create_coupon_code() in /home3/userxxxx/public_html/gv_send.php on line 52

I also have problems with redeeming gift vouchers using the codes which have been generated in the admin module. Get "invalid coupon code" error message when trying to redeem the gift voucher in checkout...

Am I missing any function declarations? And if so, where can I declare them??

Discount coupons seems to work OK.

Can anyone lead me on the right path... :-)

AEM

Hi,

I am interested in this contribution and was wondering if anyone could point me to a site that has this contribution integrated.

Also, is there a simpler contribution that would only be used for setting up promotion codes and allowing a user to enter the code and just get the specified percentage discount off the total?

Thanks

Kevin

LOOPING DILEMA

hi i just installed it but it doesn't seem to work the way it should! Here is what happens:

- in admin all looks fine!

- sort order settings are default settings

- when somebody adds a product and goes to chechout whether there is a voucher to redeem or no discount available at all, THE SHIPPING/DELIVERY INFORMATION (first step of checkout) is by passed and the user starts with step 2 i.e. payment details

- in "payment details" page ONLY ONE OF OUR SHOPS POSSIBLE PAYMENT METHODS ARE SHOWN with no option to choose and there is a "credits available" box to enter the promotion code for redemption. i cannot see any check box or anything else.

- clicking "continiue" will take the user to the third step i.e. "Order Confirmation" BUT the problem on this page is that the price shown on the page does not include VAT and the sub-total and total exclude VAT whereas the shopping cart box displays the correct amount

- when the user clicks "confirm order" button instead of goind to the last stage to finalize the payement process we are TAKEN BACK TO STEP 2 i.e PAYMENT DETAILS

- this loop is never ending (!) and checkout never happens!

- last but not least, is the user supposed to see a checkbox for voucher redemption, etc. i haven't seem anything like this in my installation!

Also, when an email discount voucher is sent to someone, when they click on it they are taken to a page that says "congratulations you have redeemed your vaoucher" and the amount is recorded in the shopping cart. but the user has not signed up/in. if they leave the session and come back again to create an account and shop will this gift/discount voucher be still available?

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO!! IT'S RATHER URGENT!

Many thanks in advance.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

Its seems that i don't have a "redeem voucher" page at all except when you want to checkout. this is the only placse where one can possibly redeem voucher!

please help! see my previous post.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!