• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I have been testing some more and While working with Discount Coupons on coupon_admin.php i have noticed that I can not add a % to the discount but only a $ amount.

The intrustions on this page say

The value of the discount for the coupon, either fixed or add a % on the end for a percentage discount

But when I enter the % after the number I still get a $ discount when I redeem upon checkout..

Anyone know how to fix this up? I am using ver510c

Thanks..

:D

Maybe I should try an earlier version if I cant get the % on the discount to work since I cant get it to actually do percentage on the 510c?

Would it make sense to take the code that makes the % work in version b and replace into version c?

Has anyone been able to discount a % and not $$ in version c ? Just curious or if I am really just running around in circles tryiig to get this to work..

Everyhting works fine, just it does not subtract % like described above..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 with most recent version of the contrib.

I am pulling my hair out. I have recopied the files several times now, can create and edit coupons without any problem, but nowhere during the checkout process are you given a place to enter the coupon code.

Hi,

Wondering if anybody could tell me what this is about:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/photof00/public_html/Store/checkout_process.php on line 309

// unregister session variables used during checkout
 tep_session_unregister('sendto');
 tep_session_unregister('billto');
 tep_session_unregister('shipping');
 tep_session_unregister('payment');
 tep_session_unregister('comments');
   if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
 $order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM  

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>     <--LINE 309

This didn't start happening until I installed the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution. I don't know why it would have a problem because of that, though, since this page wasn't messed with during that installation. I guess I just don't get this PHP junk.

I can't get through checkout because of this, so if you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I have 5.10b installed and working for a while now and I just installed Guest Account v2.2. I have run into a problem.

Is there any way to keep a guest from purchasing a gift voucher? I can explain that it is not possible to purchase one unless you create an account, but that doesn't stop the non-reading person from doing it anyway.

I guess I could turn off the queue when one is purchased and then they could send it to someone without creating an account, but if they close the browser window its lost as far as they know.

I know it might not be possible to run both of these contribs at the same time, but it would be nice.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Tim

I have a question about sending a gift voucher to someone. When you read the Gift voucher FAQ it says to click on the link Send Gift Voucher Page... but I do not see a link. Does the gift voucher have to already be purchsed to see this link? I am not really sure how it works.. Thanks!

I have 5.10b installed and working for a while now and I just installed Guest Account v2.2.  I have run into a problem. 

Is there any way to keep a guest from purchasing a gift voucher?  I can explain that it is not possible to purchase one unless you create an account, but that doesn't stop the non-reading person from doing it anyway. 

I guess I could turn off the queue when one is purchased and then they could send it to someone without creating an account, but if they close the browser window its lost as far as they know.

I know it might not be possible to run both of these contribs at the same time, but it would be nice.

Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Tim

Ok, I'm just gonna put a notice in the gv description warning the customer not to purchase the voucher without an account and hope for the best. If anyone can come up with a way to prevent a gv purchase without an account, please post it. :D

Thanks

Tim

Hi,

Wondering if anybody could tell me what this is about:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/photof00/public_html/Store/checkout_process.php on line 309

// unregister session variables used during checkout
?tep_session_unregister('sendto');
?tep_session_unregister('billto');
?tep_session_unregister('shipping');
?tep_session_unregister('payment');
?tep_session_unregister('comments');
? ?if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');
?$order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM ?

?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

?require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?> ? ? <--LINE 309

This didn't start happening until I installed the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution. I don't know why it would have a problem because of that, though, since this page wasn't messed with during that installation. I guess I just don't get this PHP junk.

I can't get through checkout because of this, so if you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I dont see anything wrong with that snipit of code. When there is a parse error at the end of a file, it's normally a typo somewhere else in the file. I would just replace the file with your backup or compare it with Beyond Compare or something similar and see if anything is out of place. Nothing much you can do, but just sit there and examine code and follow the logic till you find that you missed a comma. :angry:

Well, that's my problem. I can't examine the code, because I don't know anything about PHP. I just follow directions. What's Beyond Compare?

Thanks for the response, by the way.  :)

Tell ya the truth I know just enough to get by. I never heard about php until about two years ago and it took me 6 months to figure out how to set up a web server at home for testing.

The best thing you can do is don't give up. Just keep looking at code and looking at code and looking....at....code until your eyes fall out. You will learn it eventually and the payback is emense.

But anyway, Beyond Compare (and other comparison programs this is just the one I use) is a file comparison program that has two display windows for laying two different files beside each other. Then examines the code and highlights the differences. Sometimes the differences don't overlap and its simple beyond belief to install a contrib. Other times you have to meld information together by hand to get the required result, but it is still handy. You can also take the file you just edited and put your backup beside it and see exactly what you did. Who knows you might notice an out of place { or , or ;

Also, find a free editor that highlights php in a way that allows you to pick out the parts better, that will help in learning the code.

Sorry for rambling and I hope no one thinks I work for Beyond Compare :blink:

Tim

1054 - Unknown column 'gv.customer_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from customers c, coupon_gv_queue gv where (gv.customer_id = c.customers_id and gv.release_flag = 'N')

[TEP STOP]

Ok, which file & what should I be looking for to get rid of this error?

I'm not sure where to start, but I'm guessing that as soon as I see it, it'll be something really simple.

This is the admin side in the GV Queue.

(please see previous post) After closely comparing all the code of my files, I think the problem is that the gift voucher contrib is not cooperating with the "Seperate pricing per customer" contrib that I allready had installed. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know how to fix it?

I have it installed with the seperate price per customer contribution and it is working fine except for the one thing I keep asking about and no one seems to have this problem but me..

the discount is $$ based instead of % based..

other then that it works great with the seperate price per customer.

I want to say thank you to all who have made this contribution available!! It is awesome! I am in the testing phase and so far everything is a green light.

Only thing left is that I want to alter the email generated for the gift voucher and coupons.

Does anyone know which file(s) I need to change to edit the emails for gift them? Thanks again!

1054 - Unknown column 'gv.customer_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from customers c, coupon_gv_queue gv where (gv.customer_id = c.customers_id and gv.release_flag = 'N')

[TEP STOP]

Ok, which file & what should I be looking for to get rid of this error?

I'm not sure where to start, but I'm guessing that as soon as I see it, it'll be something really simple.

This is the admin side in the GV Queue.

That's telling you that you are missing a column in your database. Did you run the .sql file included with the contrib?

I want to say thank you to all who have made this contribution available!! It is awesome! I am in the testing phase and so far everything is a green light.

Only thing left is that I want to alter the email generated for the gift voucher and coupons.

Does anyone know which file(s) I need to change to edit the emails for gift them? Thanks again!

I think the file your looking for is catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/gv_mail.php.

HTH

Tim

That's telling you that you are missing a column in your database.  Did you run the .sql file included with the contrib?

So, if I have had this installed for a while, can I just re-install that sql file & not have anything mess up?

So, if I have had this installed for a while, can I just re-install that sql file & not have anything mess up?

So, this isn't a new install?

The error is looking for customer_id row in coupon_gv_queue table. Look in your database and see if you have coupon_gv_queue table. If you do, then just insert a new row named customer_id. I could see if you lost a table, but it's hard to loose an individual row in a table

You can mess with coupon_gv_queue as long as you have released all your pending gift vouchers. But in order to rerun the sql, you will have to drop those tables if they exist. If this is a live store, you could delete someone's voucher. So, be careful.

Hope this helps

Tim

Thank you nyderrn! You are right

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/gv_mail.php to alter the goft voucher email generated and

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/coupon_admin.php to alter the coupon email generated....