• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Gabriel,

I looked into your /catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ and you seem to have forgotten to upload the button_redeem.gif into the English folder. The image does rightfully exist in the german language folder. Is that screenshot of yours taken when trying to check-out in English language mode? What about when you try to check-out in german language mode? Does your image show up then? If so then just upload the button_redeem.gif to your English language folder and you should be good to go. If it's a PHP related problem I'm afraid I'm not much of help...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabriel,

That's the strangest. I created a Test Person as a customer on your site and I didn't see the button_redeem.gif either. I am on Internet Expolorer 6.0.

When I tried to check out an item I saw the button in the source code:

<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="submitFunction()" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" border="0" alt="IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER" title = "IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER">

It seems like you have forgotten to define the button in your language file...but that shouldn't prevent us from seeing the image. I think!

On my page the same source code is:

<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="submitFunction()" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" border="0" alt="Redeem your voucher by clicking here. Then check the checkbox above, choose payment and continue" title = "Redeem your voucher by clicking here. Then check the checkbox above, choose payment and continue">

Sorry, I can't give you a deffinite answer right now. Keep working on it! Maybe Strider will have an answer for ya! Please let me know how it goes.

I can see the button in netscape. Your running php 4.06 which doesn't play just right with all of this. I think it has to do with the sessions etc but haven't even thought about it much actually....

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

HI,

I am a newbie to PHP and I recently added the GV contribution but am having several problems. If someone could please help I would gretaly appreciate it.

when I sign in and the logoff i get this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_session_start() (previously declared in /home/carefree/public_html/uneedasales/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/carefree/public_html/uneedasales/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 66

also...

when i go to confirm order i get

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('69', '', now(), '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

also...

TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS shows up when i think it should say comments.

Thanks In advance for any help you could provide.

Noah :D

"duh"

fixed this problem.

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('69', '', now(), '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

"duh"

I fear that maybe my question was shadowed by Gabriel's post abou the mystical missing redeem button.

Jason,

would you possibly have an answer for me if it is possible to make changes so that the GV can be applied towards shipping costs as well?

Thanks a bunch!

Gabriel,

How is your problem going? Are you having any luck?

Dear Jason

ok, I installed netcape and have seen the "lost" button, but if I want to balance my Gift Voucher it will not be don.

Look:

Sub-Total: $29.99

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $34.99

or is this also a problem with the php-version

thx

Gabriel,

Go into your admin panel and under the modules box. Find the discount coupon and gift voucher. activate them and sort them as you wish. I have them set-up like this:

1 Subtotal

2 Shipping

3 Tax

4. Discount Coupons

5. Gift Vouchers

The numbers represent the sort order number. Hope that helps!

Hi

Strider i tried to install the contrib but i am getting this error when a Customer adds any product to its backet.

1146 - Table 'catalog.table_coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '162'

[TEP STOP]

I have ran the sql file, all i fine. but cant seem to figure out the bug.

Hi  

Strider i tried to install the contrib but i am getting this error when a Customer adds any product to its backet.

1146 - Table 'catalog.table_coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '162'

[TEP STOP]

I have ran the sql file, all i fine. but cant seem to figure out the bug.

The problem was with the define files.

Hello all,

I have installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher module and it looks great, but unfortunately I seem to have one problem with. Either the tax or the order total is displayed correctly but never both of them. I can set it up to display the tax correct but then the order total is displayed wrond and visa versa.

I have already played around many hours with the sort order but it never fixes my problem.

Can anyone please help me, I would be thankfull.

Jeroen.

I still have troubles with my tax in relation to a discount. I have included some more information so I hope someone can help me further with it, and will understand the problem.

I have set up my shop to display the prices including tax. And also the value of a gift voucher is included tax. But it always displayes the tax calculated on the oder total without considering the discount.

So for example:

I have 10% tax

Subtotal = 2200 (2000 without tax + 200 tax)

Discount = 1100 (1000 without tax + 100 tax)

= order total -> 1100 (1000 without tax + 100 tax)

Now the tax shoud be 100 euro, but it always displays 200.

I already played around for a long time with the sort order, but that doesn't give me the right solution either.

I really hope someone can help me, I already wonder around for a long time about the solutions.

I installed your contribution, but I have a small problem. I've also installed the Admin permissions module 2.2 and I can't gain access to the GV/Coupon admin. Permissions are denied. I added the file list to the files.php list, where ever it seem appropriate I added the add_gvdc_app_top file definition. I've searched everywhere on the board (which is reaaaaly slow tonight) trying to find something I missed. Can you give me a clue of what i need to do to get access to the admin? I'm goin' nuts here. :unsure:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rwoody,

I also just installed that contribution. And I had to change in the coloumn_left.php file the name of the gv_admin.php. It was written like gvadmin.php and it had to be gv_admin.php, I don't know if that is your problem too, otherwhise let me know. I got it working okay now.

Jeroen

Ok some have asked about the button_redeem.gif not showing up in the checkout_payment page and those this topic was talked about before I thought I would mention it again.(thinking that everyone reads this whole forum to find the answers they seek)

In modules/order_total/ot_gv.php on around line 123 or there abouts it said this

$selection_string .= '  <td align="right"' . $image_submit . '</td>';

and it should be this

$selection_string .= '  <td align="right">' . $image_submit . '</td>';

also in modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php on around line 74 it is the same fix

it said this

$selection_string .= '  <td align="right"' . $image_submit . '</td>';

and it should be this

$selection_string .= '  <td align="right">' . $image_submit . '</td>';

that is all...

btw does anyone have anymore bugs they have encountered that are not in the forum. I was handed a new and improved with all the fixes in it last night and was going to release it but just want to make sure it has most of everything we need...

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Jeroen,

Sorry I am not getting msg's for some reason

you stated

I have set up my shop to display the prices including tax. And also the value of a gift voucher is included tax. But it always displayes the tax calculated on the oder total without considering the discount.

go to your discount coupon in admin under modules/order total and there is a way to tell it how you want to handle tax and non tax issues.

I think you are just needing to set that up correctly.

Hello Strider,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry but I really tried everything in the order total module. I changed all setting of the gift voucher, and also of the discount coupon, I changed the order of all the modules but really nothing gives me the right result :( unfortunately. Or it calculates much to less tax or it calculated the tax over the total, without considering the discount.

I also read topics from other people who couldn;t fix it, but unfortunately nobody has fixed it in the end. I also think it has got something to do with the fact that I display all my prices including tax.

I hope you can give me another hint. If there is anything I can send to you or if you like to see some screenshots or url's please ask me.

I hope you've got some solution!

Thank you already,

Jeroen

I am just not getting emails about posts to any of these forums.

I don't know jeroen. I will be going through that part of the code over the weekend and will look at it. I am dealing with another include tax issue so I will be looking at that too. You are using ms2 and all the latest bug fixes I assume? Do you have any other contribs in the same code? Have you tried just the gvdc code by itself?

Actually I just went to test the problem and I don't seem to have the problem not saying there isn't a prob but then I don't see it right off the bat.

Sub-Total: $45.47

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Tax Rate in Texas: $3.47

Gift Vouchers: $25.00

Total: $25.47

Thank you for your reply. I have also another comment/suggestion in

catalog\includes\modules\order total\ot_gv.php there is part switched of containing:

function process() {

global $order, $currencies;

if ($_SESSION['cot_gv']) {

$order_total = $this->get_order_total();

$od_amount = $this->calculate_credit($order_total);

if ($this->calculate_tax != "none") {

$tod_amount = $this->calculate_tax_deduction($order_total, $od_amount, $this->calculate_tax);

}

$this->deduction = $od_amount;

// if (($this->calculate_tax == "Credit Note") && (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX != 'true')) {

// $od_amount -= $tod_amount;

// $order->info['total'] -= $tod_amount;

// }

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $od_amount;

if ($od_amount > 0) {

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',

'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->format($od_amount) . '</b>',

'value' => $sod_amount);

}

But it says it is the part about calculating the tax while the prices are displayed including tax. Thsi is exactly where I have a problem with it.

I already switched it on, but it doesn't help me any way. But maybe you can use this information.

Hope to hear from you again.

Jeroen

$tod_amount = $this->calculate_tax_deduction($order_total, $od_amount, $this->calculate_tax);

-> tod_amount is not used

'value' => $sod_amount);

-> where is $sod_amount declared? I can't find it. not in ot_gv.php

Piotr Kaminski

Hi all,

I have just installed the contribution for the gift vouchers. credit_class_gv_dc_v5.05

I don't have any errors showing on screen but here is my problem....

I have added a product with the model no of GIFT30 and I can purchas the Voucher. The thing is the is no clue to the customer in the order process email about what to do next with their voucher I can then find no record at all of the voucher being purchased at all in the admin!

Any ideas

Hi,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_contents_virtual() in /usr/home/g/l/public_html/catalog/checkout_payment.php on line 79

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

Line 79 is //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM why would this error?

I just installed credit_class_gv_dc_v5.05, did I miss something?

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!