• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Thank you for the help. :oops: I feel stupid not to have figured that out on my own. I think I had too many hours staring at coding, LOL.

Now on to my new problem...

When trying to create a coupon I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /usr/home/unygifts/public_html/catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php:24) in /usr/home/unygifts/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

Any ideas? This goes beyond the realm of my capabilities unfortunately.

TIA!

Heather

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather, now that is an interesting one. Did you change any files or are you including the admin->includes->add_gvdc_application_top.php file in more than one place?

Allen, yes. but with I am sure some limitations like the number of records in the database etc....

robyn .. don't know what to tell you .. never played with table rates ..

but when you figure it out share your results please we always are looking for new bright energetic non facetious people with answers

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Heather, now that is an interesting one. Did you change any files or are you including the admin->includes->add_gvdc_application_top.php file in more than one place?

I followed the instructions word for word that were there. I only entered the info I was told to because I have only the BAREST minimum knowledge needed to add this. (Or so I thought... :lol: )

I'll have to look over my files and see where I messed up.

I know I have it listed in my english file as required and maybe it's somewhere else....

Thanks for the help.

Have a great day!

Heather

I was wrong... In my language files I have:

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php');

And in admin/includes/application_top.php I have:

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

The two lines it says the error reads are these:

/catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php:

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS);

and

/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

function create_coupon_code($salt="secret", $length=SECURITY_CODE_LENGTH) {

Wait.... I may have figured it out.... I need to change secret, don't I?

Well, I'm off to try it.... Hopefully it works.

If not, I'm sure I'll be back here! :lol:

Have a great day!

Heather

Well.... I re-uploaded admin/coupon_admin.php and all is well.... I don't know how or why, but at least it's working.

I guess I'll assume that something got messed up in the original tranfer of the file.

Thanks for all the help!!

Sorry for making you all insane!

Have a great day!

Heather

Hi all,

Hi Robyn.. I am having the same thing happening to me also.. And I am using UPS shipping as my shipping mod.. And when you purchase a Gift Voucher.. It still manages to want to add shipping costs to it.. hmmmmmm.. I've tried shutting on and off the free shipping mod.. That only works if the gift voucher amount exceeds the amount in the mod. And that's 50.00 as of right now. And I even tried including tax and including shipping via the Gift Voucher and Discount Coupon Mod in the Order Totals.. And still no change..

So maybe someone will be nice enough to figue out how Ian had it so you could buy the Gift Vouchers without being charged shipping in his last contribution for the MS1 cart.

Someone please help.. hehehe

Christine

set your weight to 0 for the gift certs .. works fine for all but table rates have it working on multiple servers that way

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hey!

Mine works great, but I did have to set downloads to true to get it not to charge shipping. Even with the product weight set to 0 (zero) it will charge shipping if the downloads are turned off.

Is there anyway to fix it so you do not have to have the downloads enabled?

Thanks!!

Kevin

PS: I had read in an earlier post about having to choose a payment method for a purchase where the GV amount is larger then the order and mine does not make you choose a payment method unless you have a balance due. :-)

yes that was one of the patches that fixed that mystic .. btw I liked your auction site

btw why don't you want downloads set to true either your going to download something or your not ..

yes that was one of the patches that fixed that mystic .. btw I liked your auction site

btw why don't you want downloads set to true either your going to download something or your not ..

Cool. Where do I get this path. Thank you on the site. I am working to make the look a little differant. I want to rework the top of the cart, but that will come after I get all the mods installed that I would like to have. :-)

On the downloads, I really don't have any specific reason other then I don't have any. :)

Hi again,

Thanks so much.. Just for the record.. lol I had the weight already set to 0.00 .. Already knowing that virtual certificates don't weigh anything.. LOL :P

But my problem now is that I don't understand why the downloads HAVE to be on.. What causes this effect? At the present moment. I can't turn on the downloads due to a mistake in the directory link.. A slash /

is not put in place.. And then I got this warning message on my front page..

For example:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/public_htmldownload/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

My question is now.. Where the heck is that line located at so I can fix it? I know it's got to be somewhere simple.. But where? lol

Thanks for all your help guys.. :)

Christine

Hi again guys,

Quick update here.. I got the problem in the above message that I posted all fixed.. WOOT :)

So then I went in and made Downloads True.. And went to do a test purchase.. And it totally bypassed the shipping page and right to the payment option page.. Yayyyy!! :) Then i went ahead and proceeded with the check out.. And it all worked out fine..

Thanks again for all your help guys. :D

Christine

i read all the posts here and in comparison my question is like an idiot.

i couldn't find where to config the discount code, i.e. the actual string that user can enter. i'm looking for something like "freeshipingforaug" and post this to my customers so whenever they enter this string they'll receive freeshipping. but the only thing i can edit is the gift voucher and it doesn't look like let me make my own discount code.

am i missing something here? thanks!

I have done a local install which went well since based on MS2. I found the coupon creation at the bottom of Admin after looking at it a few times.

I did a dummy order locally (no payment gateways). When it did the order it shows a discount amount but it is not subtracted from the total.

When I view current orders is again shows the discount amount.

Questions:

1. Is the correct amount billed thru the gateway? (Plan to authorize.net).

2. Should the real final amount show somewhere as the total minus the discount?

3. Can someone explain the sort order codes and how they work and what they mean? The GV docs mention values that I don't see how to set in the admin. (I have no taxes to be calculated.)

Thanks

Hi!

I have this mod installed and it all runs perfectly, except.... When a customer uses a coupon there is no record of it being used. THere is nothing in the admin copy of the order or in the area that is suppossed to record this....

Any thoughts?

TIA!

Heather

what is tia!

well that was one thought...

sort order?

orders placed?

LOL!

TIA is "Thanks in Advance."

When I check in orders it shows the complete order with no discounct shown. Everything is listed with the normal retail price.

Plus when I go to Coupon Admin and run a report, none of the coupons show as having been used. Now, I know it's working because when it's sent to PayPal for payment, the total is the price with the coupon discount. That's the ONLY way I know from the admin end that it's working.

Is that a little clearer? (Sorry for being so vague before, LOL)

Have a great day!

Heather

i?ve queueing enabeld for GV but nothing apears in the queue.

Where could i look to find the problem?

After trying several things i think about letting custommers buy a GV and sending it after the payment out by hand (Email Gift Voucher).

Another point for doing this is that since it?s a German site i can?t name the Voucher "GIFT" at the beginning. So the custommer is actually not buying the real gift Voucher implementet by this contrib.

How about this solution? Is there a point for not doing this?

thanks george

There was a problem someone reported with the doc in install.html .. the problem and fix is about the language includes and where english, espcanol and german php files are located so I thought I would place it here... this is located on about page 4 or so

catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php (NEW)

move to osCommerce installations as catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_german.php (NEW)

move to osCommerce installations as catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_german.php

catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_espanol.php (NEW)

move to osCommerce installations as catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_espanol.php

along with the following lines which should have said....

catalog/includes/languages/english.php (EDIT)

Add the following line to the end of the file just before the closing ?> tag

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php');

catalog/includes/languages/german.php (EDIT)

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_german.php');

catalog/includes/languages/espanol.php (EDIT)

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_espanol.php');

hi. first, this is a GREAT mod. first time around, i installed it to the letter and then forgot to turn it on in admin. duhhh.... anyway, this is really going to please my customers -- small theatre owners.

most of you are familiar with a "last minute tix" type of thing. if i could offer a coupon for items or categories that would only work between say 7PM and 7:45PM, that would be amazing.

i looked at the functions of this.... i see where it checks date. now, how to modify so that it first checks to see if this is a date or time coupon, then check date or time accordingly, then process....

TIA!