• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I do not know why, but pinpointing the prblem, it seems that even if I type the coupon code it is always showing as zero in the calculation page:

checkout_confirmation.php is always zero.

why?why?why?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems that the variable cc_id under the function calculate_credit(amount) is always empty. when it should have the coupon id number.

something is wrong with the global variables. or session variables.

let me know,

Ron,

First what version of php are you running?

Second, try with a new copy of the release 2.2.2 merge the files, change the files, copyt the files that need to be changed and see if it works.

Let's start with something fresh because I don't have these problems plus this will give you something to compare it to.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

thanks modom for bringing this to my attention

on line 276 or there abouts within the icw comments in create_account.php there is code that states

$email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

this needs to be commented or taken out

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

thanks modom for bringing this to my attention

on line 276 or there abouts within the icw comments in create_account.php there is code that states  

$email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

this needs to be commented or taken out

Does this apply for the rest?

The mod is working fine for me.

hmmm .. I don't have anyway to test this. yet in looking at the logic if you send yourself and email with no values or 0 in the new customer signup code, (so you won't get a gv or dc) then it was doubling up the text.

Try it out and tell me what you get .. I haven't heard back from her since I told her what to do .. lol ..

Hi Strider,

ok. I have replaced all the files with fresh copies of the 8/01 package. I have applied the language fix.

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) Chili!Soft-ASP/3.6.2 mod_perl/1.24_01 PHP/4.0.6 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6

PHP Version: 4.0.6 (Zend: 1.0.6)

the problem: even if I insert new coupon in the admin page. when a customer redeem the coupon - it does not calculate the discount.

the website is:

[/url]www.jeremiahspick.com

please help.

i have been following all the replies in this topic.

i have MS2 & credit class gv dc v5.05 installed

the good news is i dont have any error, YAAAHOOOO

now the sad news is :cry:

1- how can i add a GV & DC in the admin page for customers to buy?

coz i must be missing something, who knows.

2- i tried to add GV from the admin page in the coupon_admin.php by clicking on Insert. then i clicked on Email to email it to a certain user ( me for testing ), i got the email, (thank god) along with the coupon #.

now i go to test buy a product ($10) and the coupon ($10 worth), first i enter the number of the coupon then i go to the checkout_confirmation.php and the coupon info its not there , nor the price was fixed. ANY help here?

modules->order_totals-> install the gv and dc items .. if they don't have a sort order they are not installed.

Whether a bug or not I don't know but the dc must have a lower number than the total in the sort order or that is what I was finding when working with someone the other day.

The gv needs to have a higher sort order than anything else that is why it defaults to 740.

Now issue your voucher or dc.

That is located in the vouchers coupon area of the admin.

The customer places the dc or voucher number within the box at checkout and if they want to use the gift voucher must click(I think) the tick or check box to the right of the box. If they don't check it the voucher will be applied to the gift voucher total stated in the shopping cart.

that is all

*grins*

Just installed this module and after rechecking the code 2-3 times and then figuring out that I didn't actually install the Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons in the admin -- well, let's just say I felt stupid. So, in an attempt to not have that happen again -- here is my question.

gv/dc is working, showing up great, updating the price correctly, etc. But now when the store sends the payment info to Authorize.net, it comes back to a 404. I can't see why this would be affected by gv/dc but that is the only code that has changed. Has anyone else run into this? I am using a CVS snapshot from June 11, 2003 (by now it is heavily modified for the client, time prohibitive to come up to MS2), the included Authorize.Net module, and GV/DC 5.05.

Thanks!

I haven't rolled it back yet to see if removing the code clears up the problem.

If you don't enter a coupon or gift voucher, it does the same thing -- gets all the way to confirming order, then can see it hit the secure Authorize.net server, and then a 404.

I don't think, here assumptions are coming into play of course, have anything to do with gvdc .. what page is your authorizenet module trying to go to when it comes back .. for both an error and a good return.

Coming back it should hit the order success page. I also don't think the problem is with GV/DC. Am going to roll-back the code and see if it is still having the same problem. Running 2 stores on the same server, with minor text and code changes between them, one with GV/DC and one without. The one without is still working, so it isn't the Authorize system.

Thanks for your help!

Just to update in case someone else does something stupid like I did -- started with one store, working perfectly. Made an exact duplicate of original store. Made minor changes to differentiate the two.

Installed gv/dc module. Had problem where order would choke at authorize.net. Uninstalled gv/dc code, same problem.

Only difference between the stores? One is behind .htaccess files. When the response comes back from authorize.net it is getting a 401 HTTP code (basically saying the response isn't authorized to access this server). My apologies to Strider for misdiagnosing it as a 404!

Looking into a solution now, but at least I know I can put the gv/dc code back in! :)

ok , i am really really stock here, so any help at all would be appreciated.

Problem #1:

i have the shipping module set to flat rate: $1, ok.

now i have a Discount Coupons: $5 worth.

i place an order and this is what i get in the Billing Information:

Sub-Total: $30.00

Flat Rate (Best Way): $1.00

Discount Coupons:86a4cd: $1.00

Total: $30.00

***NOTE***

remember i set the Discount Coupons for $5, but for some reason its $1 !!!!

let say i changed the flat rate to $20, the Discount Coupons also would be $20

***NOTE***

===================

Problem #2:

if i switch the Flat rate shipping module off (Free Shipping module is on), i can see the coupon info in the Billing Information, but the calculating is wrong, look at this:

Gift Vouchers: $30.00

===================

Problem #3:

How can i set a GV for members to buy?

===================

Problem #4:

in the admin page i see this: Gift Voucher Queue, what is it, and what should know about it, how to use it?

===================

things you might want to know:

I am running - MS2

using - credit class gv dc v5.05

GV DC setting in admin is:

Admin >> Module >> shipping >> Free Shipping and Flat rate

--------

Admin >> Module >> order total >>

Discount Coupons || 6

Gift Vouchers || 740

Shipping || 2

Sub-Total || 1

Tax || 3

Total || 7

-------

My defualt status order is set to: Pending (default)

-------

Payment Module: i am using the Credit Card for testing this mod.

-------

ok, for everone who has the same problems like I. Do this:

First: I redownload it the mod, installed it by replacing all the files with the ones i have. ( Dont do any of the tweeks that in this topic YET)

Second: i explain in my previous post my setting in admin page, do it the same exapt this:

Admin >> Module >> order total >>

Gift Vouchers || 740

change 740 to ( next higher number after DC)

in my case i have it set this way:

Discount Coupons || 5

Gift Vouchers || 6

Shipping || 2

Sub-Total || 1

Tax || 3

Total || 7

That did it for me .

Now i have a Q.:

Do Coupons meant to be applied ONLY if there is shipping. Coz if there is Free shipping applied for the product, i dont see Coupon Value in the Billing Information.

If the answer is NO, then is there a fix for this matter?

NOTE: in my previous post Problem #1 , #3 & #4 still exist.

Problem #2 is solve after i did what i explained here( Not the Coupon not showing issue though).

any help appreciated

Hi there!

Im having an strage problem. After install the gv and dc contribution, i can not get the shipping charges to be added to the sub total in the checkout screen.

I noticed that if i disable the downloads in the admin shipping works great, but the problem is that i sell some downloadable products here...

some suggestiion or fix for that?

In my order totals.. The discount coupon option does not exist.. Just the Gift Vouchers option.. In the instructions.. There is supposed to be a Discount Coupon option, and i believe it says to set it to 5 in the line up of things. But I need to know if this is how it's suppose to be in this newest release.. or am I missing something here? Someone please help.. It would be most appreciated..

Please please please help.. :)

Christine

Almost there.

now i have only 2 problems:

--------------------------------

Problem #1:

i have the shipping module set to flat rate: $1, ok.

now i have a Discount Coupons: $5 worth.

i place an order and this is what i get in the Billing Information:

Discount Coupons:86a4cd: $1.00

***NOTE***

remember i set the Discount Coupons for $5, but for some reason its $1 !!!!

let say i changed the flat rate to $20, the Discount Coupons also would be $20

***NOTE***

===================

Problem #2:

I can't seem to get Coupon to apply to product that has no shipping nor free shipping!! , is that how it suppose to be?

Thanks Scott, glad you were able to get it going. Will have to remember that when it comes to authorize.net

Christine, you might want to check the database and see if you have the MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON items installed. also you might want to check your configure.php to make sure you have your directories set up correctly. I just found a prob in one of mine when I went to see about this what you should have in modules->order_total is this

Discount Coupons 4

Gift Vouchers

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 5

the numbers don't mean anything to whether it is installed or not that is the sort order of how it looks on the product confirmation page and how it handles what it does. note that dc is less than total.

I don't have the gv or low order fee in this installation active.

maansy .. looks like your doing good .. and I am sure you will get it. *grins* .. but if you like could you tell us how you setup your coupon? there are many little things that will change the behavior of it. I just tested it out without anything else and it worked good.

Sub-Total: $29.99

Discount Coupons:test5maansy: $5.00

Tax Rate: $2.47

Total: $28.46