Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a customer buy a gift voucher?

Thanks

I found out by adding a product and using the model number starting with "GIFT"

So for a $5.00 voucher , the model number is "GIFT5" (that is my model number, as long as it start with GIFT)

This then goes to the Gift voucher Queue for you to release.

An email if generated and sent to the user.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers

David G Aschenbrener

Tranquil | Sense - Your Stop for Tranquility.

I found out by adding a product and using the model number starting with "GIFT"

So for a $5.00 voucher , the model number is "GIFT5" (that is my model number, as long as it start with GIFT)

This then goes to the Gift voucher Queue for you to release.

An email if generated and sent to the user.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers

Later modifications of the contribution seem to have the basic install instructions removed, unfortunately the only way to access them was to download an older version of the contribution.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Currently you can't see the discounted coupon price until the payment details page.

1. Is there a way to show the discounted coupon price when viewing the products list or the product description? Note. Some specials will be added so I can't see a way of using that code.

2. If someone refers a buyer to the website I'd like to give the referrer a 10% incentive. Is there a way for the coupon to give the buyer say 20% & the referrer 10%?

HTH

Neil

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Currently you can't see the discounted coupon price until the payment details page.

1. Is there a way to show the discounted coupon price when viewing the products list or the product description? Note. Some specials will be added so I can't see a way of using that code.

2. If someone refers a buyer to the website I'd like to give the referrer a 10% incentive. Is there a way for the coupon to give the buyer say 20% & the referrer 10%?

1. No, because the discount price is not static.

basically you could have 100 active coupons each with it's own different discount percentage rate, fixed discount or free shipping (or many more options if limitations are put on redemption)

how do you intend to show over 100's of different possible prices for 100's of possible coupons?

2. Just use the affiliates contribution and save yourself grief

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this, I've tested it on a clean install and still getting the same 'bug', and would greatly appreciate some help.

I've set up a coupon with valid categories and a minimum purchase of $25. If you only order from a valid category all is well, if you only order from an invalid category, it works too. A problem occurs when:

- customer orders something under $25 from valid category

- customer also orders something from a non-valid category that pushes the order total over $25

The discount is then applied, even though the total order from VALID categories is under the $25 set.

Can minimum order total and valid categories work together?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I can't edit my post above. Still trying to solve this, and have noticed if I do a % coupon it still applies the discount incorrectly, but it only takes the percentage off the item in the valid category. So, it appears it's realising that the other item shouldn't get a discount but it's not taking that into account when working out whether the order total is high enough to meet the minimum order amount ...

HI

I have installed this contrib hoping it sorts my problems. To begin with, the reason why i installed it was i wanted to be able to offer some customers 10% off items not on a special price, heard this would allow me to do that. so off i went installed it only to find out that they items on special need to be in their own catagory. I have over 150 items on special and didnt want them in their own catagory, so i thought ok i could limit it by product however this is going to take days to complete. IS there a easier way of doing this.

Now i problem i have with the install on the checkout_payment page i am getting this error

Warning: Missing argument 1 for javascript_validation() in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/classes/payment.php on line 107

However it still applies the discounts, any ideas i would be very greatful

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

i am sorry for posting such a stupid question, but i need some explanation about credit/vouchers/credit:

coupon: is a code that user input on checkout in order to get a discount. Unless set othersite, any user can input the same code to get the same discount.

vouchers? : is it something univoque, linked directely to a single user? means user A has 3 vouchers in his account, user B has 1. how are they gonna use it?

credit: somehow (how?) user can accumulate credit in his account, which he will use on checkout.

where can i find better specification about these features? thanks

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

actually, i'll turn my question the other way around:

I need this:

in my website users should be able to collect points(on how to collect points, will follow another post!).

When they check-out, they should be able to use this credit to have a reduction on payment.

This credit could be either in the form of an ammount of money to use,

or devided in Vouchers (i am not sure wheteher this is the right term to be used here) - if this case, on checkout i will let the user to USE one of his vouchers.

Does ccgv has any of this? should i start from ccgv and make my modifications on it, or should i do it from skratch?

thanks!

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

I've searched. Found several posts on the issue, but it's still not fixed. How do I fix this?

Just installed v5.18 of CCGV, which I assumed would have all the wisdom of the trail of fixes already in it, but alas...

The first time you enter the code to redeem you get:

"The coupon has been successfully applied for <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***"

The second time you enter the code it displays the right amount to deduct.

The culprit seems to be /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

Line 140 looks like this:

global $order,$ot_coupon,$currency;
// BEGIN >>> CCVG 5.15 - Custom Modification - fix Coupon code redemption error
// Moved code up a few lines
if (!tep_session_is_registered('cc_id')) tep_session_register('cc_id');
$cc_id = $coupon_result['coupon_id'];
// END <<< CCVG 5.15 - Custom Modification - fix Coupon code redemption error

How do I fix this?

Just installed v5.18 of CCGV, which I assumed would have all the wisdom of the trail of fixes already in it, but alas...

The first time you enter the code to redeem you get:

"The coupon has been successfully applied for <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***"

Okay, this seems to have fixed it for me:

Change:

To:

As you can see in the pic the discount that should be applied (with pink background) is correct with a 10% discount on the Sub-Total, but underneath the "Total" you see the Total has not changed and the discount coupon now is deducting 10% of the total with shipping.

incorrect_amount.gif

Only $2.23 should be applied and the total should reflect the discount correct?

I want it to read:

Sub-Total: $22.30

USPS: $3.11

Discount Coupons:1809c0: -$2.23

Total: $23.18

Is anyone else having this problem with 5.18 CCGV?

Is there a way to delete or void a gift voucher?

I see there are options for the coupons, but none available for the voucher.

Any help is appreciated.

David G Aschenbrener

As you can see in the pic the discount that should be applied (with pink background) is correct with a 10% discount on the Sub-Total, but underneath the "Total" you see the Total has not changed and the discount coupon now is deducting 10% of the total with shipping.

incorrect_amount.gif

Only $2.23 should be applied and the total should reflect the discount correct?

I want it to read:

Sub-Total: $22.30

USPS: $3.11

Discount Coupons:1809c0: -$2.23

Total: $23.18

Is anyone else having this problem with 5.18 CCGV?

ZELF,

I think a post of mine from awhile ago solves the problem. Good luck. I am preparing to post a contrib that addresses a few issues like this one, and layout and not being able to put $ when sending a GV. Anyhow let me know if this fixes your problem and I will include it. be on the look out in this contrib. I LOVE this contrib but hate it, it is just a mess and FULL of bugs... luckily most are minor. Later.....

I got poking around catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php and fixed the problem from my previous post, I was hoping some kind soul would proofread my code and maybe we can get it into the next update.

I changed:

function pre_confirmation_check($order_total) {

global $customer_id;

return $this->calculate_credit($order_total);

}

TO:

function pre_confirmation_check(){

global $PHP_SELF;

$order_total=$this->get_order_total();

$od_amount = $this->calculate_credit($order_total);

return $od_amount;

}

the problem SEEMS to be this function was pulling the subtotal to do calculations around line 155.

$coupon_amount= tep_round($ot_coupon->pre_confirmation_check($order->info['subtotal']), $currencies->currencies[$currency]['decimal_places']); // $cc_id

I think I can pull out the 'subtotal' from the line above also.

I appears to work.... ANY comments? Thank you. Lildog

I think a post of mine from awhile ago solves the problem.

Doing the following solved my display and credit problems -- SO FAR --.

Changed Line 446 in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php from:

if ($this->include_shipping == 'false') $order_total=$order_total-$order->info['shipping_cost'];

to:

if ($this->include_shipping != 'false') $order_total=$order_total-$order->info['shipping_cost'];

Added the following line at line 42 in /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

$this->output[] = array('title' => 'Total with Discount applied' . ':' . $this->coupon_code .':','text' => '<b>' . $currencies->format($order->info['total']) . '</b>', 'value' => $order->info['total']);

Now my screen displays just like I wanted it to in my previous post. It only applies the credit towards the subtotal of all products, but does not apply to the shipping. Adding the line at 42 to the output array displays the new total with the discount applied to everything, but shipping.

However!

When I go to checkout_confirmation and click the confirm button I get charged the full amount with shipping and the discount is not even being applied?

How the heck can anyone install this contrib? Anyone know the quick fix for the discount not being applied on the checkout_confirmation.php page? If not, I guess I'll dive into this fix as well.

Zelf,

I appologize. I have just duplicated your problem, I think. The fix I posted takes the discount off the entire order total. I will look into it and reply back.

lildog

In your admin->modules->order total page you can adjust the sort order of the order total modules. Set the discount one to less than your total. IE go to http://www.yoursite.com/admin/modules.php?set=ordertotal. Start there.

That was it! Solved the problem to my last post. Appreciate your help. Completely forgot to reorder the order total modules. All seems to be working now at least with percentage and dollar amount discounts. Have not tried vouchers or any restrictions yet though. May be back.

That was it! Solved the problem to my last post. Appreciate your help. Completely forgot to reorder the order total modules. All seems to be working now at least with percentage and dollar amount discounts. Have not tried vouchers or any restrictions yet though. May be back.

This answer has been resolved many times before in this support thread, and in the older install instructions of earlier releases. Personally, I hve not installed later versions of this contrib because mine was working (in my test site). However, if you create a new version, how about updating the install instructions correctly?

This answer has been resolved many times before in this support thread
This thread is a nightmare. Should have been in the install instructions and maybe like you said it is somewhere. Hopefully the osC powers that be will follow the example of Joomla extensions one day where the contrib is actually owned by one person who controls releases.

However, this is a great contrib and look forward to using it now.

how about updating the install instructions correctly?
That's all we need is another version :) to drive people insane trying to figure out which one will work. However, I will update the install instructions and possibly post my "do not apply to shipping costs fix" with the instructions once I can determine that it is good logic and not just a hack that will break something else.

This thread is a nightmare. Should have been in the install instructions and maybe like you said it is somewhere. Hopefully the osC powers that be will follow the example of Joomla extensions one day where the contrib is actually owned by one person who controls releases.

However, this is a great contrib and look forward to using it now.

That's all we need is another version :) to drive people insane trying to figure out which one will work. However, I will update the install instructions and possibly post my "do not apply to shipping costs fix" with the instructions once I can determine that it is good logic and not just a hack that will break something else.

Yes, I agree that this thread is horrendus. Part of being open source is that any idiot (me included) can add changes. Hopefully, someone with some real knowledge will be able to override the mediocatiies. But this will not happen.

What is needed is a new set of install instuctions taht describes everything.

People give updates wih the best of intentions based on their exerience. It is not always correct for everyone.

Shane Jackson tried to resolve the problems with CCGV (the version that I installed after many attempts and then installed the Jonyo updates which were prior to the Shane Jackson version), and it worked for me.

There was supposed to be a later (trouble free ) version, but it nver happened. I think that we all waited for that.

Vger tried to overcome the problems by introcing CCGV traditional.

Sorry, rambling,

Is there a way to delete or void a gift voucher?

I see there are options for the coupons, but none available for the voucher.

Any help is appreciated.

David G Aschenbrener

Yes, I agree that this thread is horrendus. Part of being open source is that any idiot (me included) can add changes.

This is unfortunate but true, that is the real reason for this thread and contribution almost getting ruined.

CHOOCH

i agree about the thread and contrib being unruly. I am also one the idiots here. i am finally getting better at php and am able to offer a bit of advice..no pro yet I'm afraid. It would be fantastic to see this contrib come together finally though. Until then though, keep pluggin on!

And while we are rambling a bit...a big thank you to everyone out there that has gotten me as far as I am now...CHEERS!

lildog