• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I'm getting a headache looking the repetitive posts >_< !!!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...

5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount solves the problem of not going to a payment processor BUT now wont allow me to use the vouchers even if selected in payment screen....

Argggg! LOL

If I get a chance I'll start looking around 5-20 pages back to see if a problem like has been reported before. If I find anything I'll let you know - in the meantime you should try searching this thread as far back as you can incase something has already been posted to help you.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If I get a chance I'll start looking around 5-20 pages back to see if a problem like has been reported before. If I find anything I'll let you know - in the meantime you should try searching this thread as far back as you can incase something has already been posted to help you.

Thanx Chooch - am already doing the same thing... so far - nadda :(

Chooch - i went a few more pages back and we are now cooking with gas!
Did it fix your problem??

CHOOCH

This is URGENT!!!! Possible huge bug in script.

I want to know how to temporarily disable this module?

I don't really know what version I am using anymore, but it should be like 5.13.

Our shop has been live for more than 2 years now with this module enabled.

Right now, there is a customer that is ordering and redeems multiple coupons and at the end his total is at $0.00.

in Admin >> Gift Voucher's Sent I see everything as admin being the sender except for these 3 coupons that this guy is using and they all have his name on it. This means that he is generating his own coupons through our website...

A customer tried to make a purchase for the same amount as the voucher balance and was asked for more payment.

amount of purchase $101.85

voucher balance $101.85

When paypal was selected to make up the payment difference, the balance owed was $1.42.

Is there a fix for this so that when the voucher balance and purchase amount are exactly the same it will work properly?

Is this $1.42 a paypal fee for currency conversion?

This is URGENT!!!! Possible huge bug in script.

I don't really know what version I am using anymore, but it should be like 5.13.

Our shop has been live for more than 2 years now with this module enabled.

Right now, there is a customer that is ordering and redeems multiple coupons and at the end his total is at $0.00.

in Admin >> Gift Voucher's Sent I see everything as admin being the sender except for these 3 coupons that this guy is using and they all have his name on it. This means that he is generating his own coupons through our website...

Can't answer your Question.

Gift Vocuchers can be disbled as any other product can in Admin.

Discount coupons can be limited for the number of times that a coupon can be used per customer.

Is is Gift Vouchers (which must be purchased), or Discount Coupons (given out by the store)?

I think that customer has your coupon code and is engaged in theft.

Can't answer your Question.

Gift Vocuchers can be disbled as any other product can in Admin.

Discount coupons can be limited for the number of times that a coupon can be used per customer.

Is is Gift Vouchers (which must be purchased), or Discount Coupons (given out by the store)?

I think that customer has your coupon code and is engaged in theft.

I disabled both Discount Coupons & Gift Vouchers from admin and the redeem box still appears when purchasing. I think this is some incomplete code in includes/classes/order_total.php inside class member: credit_selection() which states:

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) { //show the redeem box }

I think it should have some additional values in the if statement.

Anyways after some more searching I see that any customer can go to mydomain.com/gv_send.php and send a Gift Certificate. Should this even be possible?

I disabled both Discount Coupons & Gift Vouchers from admin and the redeem box still appears when purchasing. I think this is some incomplete code in includes/classes/order_total.php inside class member: credit_selection() which states:

Anyways after some more searching I see that any customer can go to mydomain.com/gv_send.php and send a Gift Certificate. Should this even be possible?

If they have a gift voucher balance, they can send it to any one. What they send should deduct from their balance.

It probably depends on what version you have installed.

I have made a new account and I see:

"As part of our Welcome to new customers, we have credited your Shopping Points Accout with a total of 100 Shopping Points worth $1.00.

Please refer to the Reward Point Program FAQ as conditions may apply."

Even if the "Offrir un chèque cadeau" is set to zero. This is weird. I think that I have to make an update or something.

I have made a new account and I see:

"As part of our Welcome to new customers, we have credited your Shopping Points Accout with a total of 100 Shopping Points worth $1.00.

Please refer to the Reward Point Program FAQ as conditions may apply."

Even if the "Offrir un chèque cadeau" is set to zero. This is weird. I think that I have to make an update or something.

Is that part of the Point and Rewards contribution?

It could be, since I have Points/RewardsV1.20 but this one has been disabled since the beginning.

I was looking to install it but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe uninstall it?

If want to lokk at my test site, go ahead.

I was looking to install it but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe uninstall it?

If want to lokk at my test site, go ahead.

Can you PM me your test site.

I think I will uninstall both ccgv and points and rewards, and try to reinstall them cleanly again.

I am now wondering what repercussions uninstalling these 2 modules will have on the site?

After all, we have ~10,000 users and even more orders. Not just that, but we also have many other modules installed, plus several manual modifications.

:( this is going to be a pain.

Can you PM me your test site.

I think I will uninstall both ccgv and points and rewards, and try to reinstall them cleanly again.

I am now wondering what repercussions uninstalling these 2 modules will have on the site?

After all, we have ~10,000 users and even more orders. Not just that, but we also have many other modules installed, plus several manual modifications.

:( this is going to be a pain.

Maybe just update them to the latest trouble free contributions?

PMed you my test site.

This is URGENT!!!! Possible huge bug in script.I want to know how to temporarily disable this module?
There is nothing going on except your imagination taking a turn for the worse.

In the extremely unlikely event I have it wrong then it is simple to say that your case is probably isolated to your site due to your uploading/text-diff going back 2 years when you added this script - which will be down to an error on your part on this contribution.

There is no problem with the Points Reward contribution as your particular query is not Points related and not even 'coupons' related for that fact....... it is gv related.

What you see in the admin is a customer sending gv's to another customer (in this case probably from him to him) just to test out what the gv_send.php does!

Take a step back - all is well, I mean, you didn't even know that the gv_send.php allowed the sending of gv's from one person to another.

HTH

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Is there a full package available with all patches and fixes?

Is there any documents available to install this mod, to indicate what has been changed and not changed.

( I am using winmerge already)

I have a few mods installed and this will help.

Thank

David G Aschenbrener

Tranquil | Sense - Your Stop for Tranquility.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this module and all patches etc; and it appears to work correctly except for the fact on my admin page under the payment modules section, all my paypal modules have disappeared.

They are still active in the store though.

Any one have anything I can try?

Thanks

David G Aschenbrener

Also When I try to send a gift certificate from the store side, I get this error message

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Anyone on this one also?

David G Aschenbrener

Also When I try to send a gift certificate from the store side, I get this error message

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Anyone on this one also?

Thats because of the 'back' link in your gv send page (and alike)

If you arrive at the page straight from the URL without clicking a link in any other page to get there, then it doesn't know where you came from and therefore cannot add a 'back' link - that's all... nothing to worry about

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH