• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

background that doesn interfer with shop front

firespinner

http://www.oscommerce.com/shops/goto,828

like this shop. If I change the background in the style sheet it bleeds onto all areas of white could you point me in the direction to make it not interfer with the shop like the grey backround in the web site above.

I can change the info boxes backround to match, but this only helps a bit.

Cheers. Am getting there and will be around for years proably. Will help out too.

Cheers

James

http://www.oscommerce.com/shops/goto,828

like this shop. If I change the background in the style sheet it bleeds onto all areas of white could you point me in the direction to make it not interfer with the shop like the grey backround in the web site above.

I can change the info boxes backround to match, but this only helps a bit.

Cheers. Am getting there and will be around for years proably. Will help out too.

Cheers

James

Hi! Not really sure if your question relates to the backgrounds in the infoboxes, or behind the boxes. Either is possible from your stylesheet, by placeing an image in the back-background in a fixed or tiled set, or your infoboxes by removing all transparent colors and afixing a solid color or image. To see it working, you may visit our shoppe to determine if this is what (or similar to what) you want. If yes, then I will post the pertinent stylesheet info.

http://www.giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/

Hope this is of some help. :rolleyes:

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

that store is either A) using a template system

or B ) they have edited the design by editing the code of each page

*my guess is A rather than B*

You will never be able to get a store which looks like that one by just changing a few colors in the stylesheet

I will have a look at the contribution. I am using a modified template (wont bother with one next time).. Just was looking at meathods they might use.

Reading the contribution should help some :)

Cheers people :)

James

I will have a look at the contribution. I am using a modified template (wont bother with one next time).. Just was looking at meathods they might use.

Reading the contribution should help some :)

Cheers people :)

James

I'm using "fixed width with css" by VGER ... look in my profile for links to pages I used it on

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived