• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Store - Feedback Greatly Appreciated

DawnG

I've just built www.spikeys-barnstaple.co.uk/shop, it's my first OSC shop and I really would appreciate some feedback. I'm not sure how to change the error messages box or get the subtotal to display in the checkout area. If someone could point out how I do this, that would be great. General comments also please.

Black and red, that came as a shock. Still if you like it.

We will never pass on your personal information to a third party.
Just out of curiosity, how do you propose to send your items. Surely you will pass information on to who ever delivers your items. This privact policy needs a bit more information, look at other sites and see what they include in this section. Your conditions of use are also a bit short.

I could not find a contact name or address on your site. It may be there, but its not too obvious if it is.

If you are a uk site, which i think you are, you should alter the address layout to put the postcode in the correct place. Also 1 line for an address is a bit low. What happens if my house has a name, not a number, i have nowhere to put that. You also have no place for me to enter my county.

Your not the only one to miss this, but i think it looks better if your advanced search help page relates to items that you sell in your store, rather than the computer components that it does at the moment.

Not too sure that the buttons fit with the theme of your store.

It also looks as if you have alot of work to do on your metatags, but as you havent got that many items in your store, maybe this is something that you will be thinking about.

That will do for now. You have a bit of work to do, but its getting there.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Black and red, that came as a shock. Still if you like it.

- It's a goth shop so red, black and shocking seems a suitable scheme -

Thanks for the advice on privacy and terms of use, I shall be padding that out shortly. I will add contact information to the shop section of the site (am currently building the splash page).

How do I alter the address layout to add another address line and county field.

I will be re-designing the buttons.

For some reason the price will not display in the category list for the products, when I go to the checkout the price will not display in the Total column. I've been staring at the stylesheet for ages, but can't quite figure it out.

Help greatly appreciated.

Black and red, that came as a shock.  Still if you like it.

- It's a goth shop so red, black and shocking seems a suitable scheme -

Thanks for the advice on privacy and terms of use, I shall be padding that out shortly.  I will add contact information to the shop section of the site (am currently building the splash page).

How do I alter the address layout to add another address line and county field.

I will be re-designing the buttons.

For some reason the price will not display in the category list for the products, when I go to the checkout the price will not display in the Total column.  I've been staring at the stylesheet for ages, but can't quite figure it out.

Help greatly appreciated.

Splash page?????? dont do it, if it purely as an entrance to your shop. Absolutely pointless, just move your shop up to your root level directory and have people come straight into your shop.

Seriously splash pages are just a pain in the behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived