• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How long does it take?.....

demonz

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

Im sick of wating and reading old forums on how long it takes to be viewed on google.

Cansomeone please offer me an approximate time frame fron when you submited your site until you could actually just type it in and it would appear on google???

Please tell me im so sick of waiting and what would improve my chances of geting listed???

Thanks,

Jonny OUT

I'm sure I submitted my site about a year ago, and it has only been in the last 2 months that I have seen it come up. For me, unless I am missing something...It took about 8 months. ???

I'm sure I submitted my site about a year ago, and it has only been in the last 2 months that I have seen it come up.  For me, unless I am missing something...It took about 8 months. ???

OMG i hope it doesnt usually take that long. also did you have any other llinks like advertising?? and approx were is your page found eg.1st,2nd page?

The best way of getting on there is definately links from other sites.

If you have an oscommerce site you must be selling somthing, so more than likely you are buying somthing from someone else, so try and get your suppliers or the manufacturers of the items you sell to link to your site.

There is this new Google Sitemaps thing so you can now make a sitemap, tell google where it is, and it will have more of chance of crawling more of your site.

Google Sitemaps

Somtimes people think they arent on there, but really they are, and they just cant find themselves. Have you tried sticking in your URL to see what comes up www.yoursite.com?

I got on Yahoo inadvertantly, last year, when I had logged onto a forum and mentioned my http:address. I guess the yahoo bot frequented there often because that indexed me within days. I was whooshed up to the first page for a long time, after the bot checked out my site.

Why? I don't know. The SEO Assistant contribution said I am on page 25 on Google currently, and strangely have dropped to page 100 on Yahoo. But.............For the last year I have only been developing my product and in no way have aggressively solicited business. I like to deal with the Few first before I deal with the masses.

When I finish my oscommerce site I will be in full force marketing.

I have only a few casual links to my site now.

I do have a pet peave word of advice. Last year I submitted my site to the mega directories, and mega search engines. I will never submit to directories again without first viewing them. After I did that I had email spam and someone sent me a virus that crashed our computer and cost us $150 to get her back up again.

Hope my posts have helped you decide what course to take.

OMG  i hope it doesnt usually take that long. also did you have any other llinks like advertising?? and approx were is your page found eg.1st,2nd page?

A good rule of thumb is that it will take approximatly 3 months for google to fully index your site, unless you have a decent number of quality backlinks fro mrelated sites.

You index page, however, unless you employ a meta refresh redirect, should show up on google in a few short weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived