• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products without shipping

Hello,

I'm an osC newb in need of a pointer. I am setting up a store that sells products that require shipping as well as services that do not require shipping. I've tried using the download option for the services, but it still asks customers to choose a shipping option even though there is no actual product to ship!

Please help me!!! Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm an osC newb in need of a pointer. I am setting up a store that sells products that require shipping as well as services that do not require shipping. I've tried using the download option for the services, but it still asks customers to choose a shipping option even though there is no actual product to ship!

Please help me!!! Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem. Someone please help!

Come on, it cant be that hard :D

did you enable download's for the non-shipped products?? are they downloads?

Well, the only services that I have tried setting up so far are my web design services. I made a .doc file for the customers to download with a questionaire to fill out about what they want on their site. I followed the directions on this documentation page:

http://www.oscommerce.info/docs/english/e_download.html

Make sure the /catalog/pub folder is 777 and /catalog/download folder is 755 and these lines in catalog/includes/configure.php have the forward slash:

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

I changed the permission values of the 2 folders, but the lines in configure.php didn't require any change. Then I put the .doc file in the "/catalog/download/" folder.

After doing all that, it is still asking the customers to choose a shipping option. Please help! I need to get this working ASAP.

And yes, downloads are enabled. I've also tried enabling "download by redirect" and it is still asking the customer to choose a shipping option.

Did you set the weight of the products to 0 when setting them up, try that see if it helps

Yes, I do have the product wight set to 0. However, I had my tare weight at 3. When I make the tare weight 0, the UPS module errors and it will not let the customers advance in the checkout process.

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I'm beginning to wonder if osCommerce is even capable of suiting my needs. I hope this is not the case. I have invested too much time into my osC store to start all over with another e-commerce solution. :(

I found a contribuion that kinda does the job. It's called "Free Shipping per Product 1.1 by Denis Witt". I had to edit it a little so it would tell the customer "This item is either shipped for free or requires no shipping" instead of just "This item is shipped for free", but at least it does what I need it to. I hope that this contribution will work with MVS because I plan to install that one at a later date.

Kinda sucks that this contributions isn't included with OSc because it is essential to most stores to have a free/no shipping option.

Archived