• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MP3 Preview & download folder

Don Gawgon

Hi,

I have a custom store that has a department/category of MP3 instrumentals. I am in the process of converting the store to osCommerce.

I have a Flash player that reads an mp3 file and plays that file simulaneously with a voiceover loop. This is to prevent people from stealing the sample, looping it, and recreating the instrumental. After the user buys the instrumental, they will be able to download the voiceover-less instrumental from the download folder using (hopefully) the standard osCommerce download module.

I have the instrumentals in the download folder and modified the .htaccess file that comes with the default osCommerce to allow the player access to this folder as follows:

New:

Options -Indexes
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from .mydomain.com

Original:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "No access"
AuthUserFile .htnopasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
Require valid-user

With the new .htaccess I no longer get the "no access" logon box but the player can't read the file. See it here: http://www.life-or-death.com/catalog/produ...?products_id=29 by clicking the play button in the product decription. The "life or death" voiceover plays but the instrumental doesn't. I test the player in my local environment and it works.

What should I have in my download/.htaccess file to get this to work?

Thanks In Advance

For now, I have it working with the following .htaccess:

Options All -Indexes

Is this sufficient security-wize? I may put back the directive to only allow access from the site's domain. Will this .htaccess screw up the download module or anything else? :blush:

I seem to be talking to myself here! :wacko: Anyway, I ended up going with osPlayer lite and will likely modify the player to automatically play a voiceover.

By the way, in the osPlayer lite contrib, the Advanced section of the english instructions has not been updated with the missing </object> tag fix.

• 2 months later...

im having the same problem, and also the auto play funciton doesnt seem to work..

guh!!! did you figure out anything new?

more doc is needed for osplayer indeed

I seem to be talking to myself here! :wacko: Anyway, I ended up going with osPlayer lite and will likely modify the player to automatically play a voiceover.

By the way, in the osPlayer lite contrib, the Advanced section of the english instructions has not been updated with the missing </object> tag fix.

Archived