• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

catalog error; 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_m

kenwood

hi there

have just cloned my site and the move has gone fine except i have one problem.

when i try and add a product the catalog screen has this error message..

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_mediumimage' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_mediumimage, p.products_bimage, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

anyone help me out with this problem?

cheers

Gaz

Looks like an image contribution on your first site that had added columns like products_mediumimage never made it to your cloned site.

Perhaps the backup of site 1 was performed before you added the contribution and then when you restored the back-up to site 2 the data database did not contain the new required columns in the product table for the contribution to work.

You may need to re-load the DB from site one once again or apply the DB contribution table updates (SQL file) again in site two.

HTH

Tom

Looks like an image contribution on your first site that had added columns like products_mediumimage never made it to your cloned site.

Perhaps the backup of site 1 was performed before you added the contribution and then when you restored the back-up to site 2 the data database did not contain the new required columns in the product table for the contribution to work.

You may need to re-load the DB from site one once again or apply the DB contribution table updates (SQL file) again in site two.

HTH

Tom

thanks

how do i apply the contrib table updates from the first site to the second?

phpmyadmin?

How did you do it on the first site?

Is it a "loaded" version from your ISP?

Tom

hi

no i presume they must have started with a blank database and they have filled it up over time...

i needed to take the dpmotor-shop database over to kenwoodice but i dont know how ot do it ...

hi

no i presume they must have started with a blank database and they have filled it up over time...

i needed to take the dpmotor-shop database over to kenwoodice but i dont know how ot do it ...

ive taken over from the previous person who designed the first page..

the boss wanted exactly the same design and layout just wiht different products tied into the same shopping cart

Use the admin backup tool on your first site to save a current backup locally on your PC. Then use the admin restore facility on your second site to restore from site 1's backup. You'll need to make sure all the source files from site 1 are also copied to the new site - they may have contribution code that will need be in site 2.

Tom

Archived