• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

where can i access "welcome guest . . ."

BuddahBoy

Greetz - I find where to edit the text on the index.php page but can't find where to access the upper part:

What's New Here? Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? - I also want to code out the image there

Help me out somebody?

TIA for taking the time to provide assistance

Ron

catalog/includes/langages /english/index.php (or whatever langage you use)

use a php editor to edit the code

Greetz - I find where to edit the text on the index.php page but can't find where to access the upper part: 

What's New Here? Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? - I also want to code out the image there

Help me out somebody? 

TIA for taking the time to provide assistance

Ron

hmmm - I see where to change the text okay [define text main] but I don't find where I can change the first line:

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

Can someone point out what I'm missing?

Thanks much

Ron

catalog/includes/languages/english.php or whichever language(s) you are using.

Close to the bottom you will see the code.

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><font color="#000000"><u>new products</u></font></a> are available to purchase?');
define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');
define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><font color="#000000"><u>log yourself in</u></font></a> or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><font color="#000000"><u>create an account?</u></font></a>');

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thanks alot Wendy - I didn't look at the bottom of the page [blush]

I've read very many of your replies to requests for help so you've already become a very valuable asset in helping me get this site done - thank you very much!

Ron

Archived