• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do i put google adds in the footer?

prychett

This may not be the answer you want but here goes: You spend a bunch of time and money to draw potential customers to your site and keep them there to buy. You'll lose some each step of the way as any site will. Your final Conversion Rate (sales) will be a single digit percentage, most likely. Your products sell for $xx.xx each. Google will look through the content of your site and the ads displayed will be based on that content. Competition, in other words! You get how much money for your potential customer to leave your site? Who's products are you selling; yours or theirs?

My Opinion: If you want to sell product, leave ads off your site. If you want to sell ads, build a sharply targeted, content-rich, search engine optimized site with information only. Then you'll make good money selling ads.

Greetings,

I not to good with this so I was wondering how do you put the google adsense script into the footer of the catalog?

Just add the code between <tr><td> </td></tr> and place it after the last ?> in the includes/footer.php file.

There have been a lot of debates about whether you should have google ads on your site. I have them on one of my sites and I make out rather well on them. The trick is that you have to edit the adds with your google account. If you sell your product for $10 and everyone else is selling it for $5, then you shouldn't do it. But if your prices are competitive, then limit the sites to only those that sell higher than you. That is a great incentive for visitors to buy from you. People like to compare prices. By doing the above, you make it easy for them to do so and you control the outcome.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Just add the code between <tr><td>    </td></tr> and place it after the last ?> in the includes/footer.php file.

There have been a lot of debates about whether you should have google ads on your site. I have them on one of my sites and I make out rather well on them. The trick is that you have to edit the adds with your google account. If you sell your product for $10 and everyone else is selling it for $5, then you shouldn't do it. But if your prices are competitive, then limit the sites to only those that sell higher than you. That is a great incentive for visitors to buy from you. People like to compare prices. By doing the above, you make it easy for them to do so and you control the outcome.

Jack

Thanks! :D It works great. The stuff on my site is pretty specialized so I don't really have to worry much about competion. thanks for your help.

prychett,

I agree with Jack. Here's something to think about also. You can use a competitive ad filter on your site. If you have an account already, login and go to ad settings. The competitive ad filter link is on the right. You can also download a preview tool to show you any potential competitors' ads that may show on your site. Of course, the idea is show only related ads. That is based on what you put in the content. I have no idea if it drives customers away. But at least you won't be sending any to your competitors. HERE'S A BIG TIP: Be careful where you put the google ads on your site. If you put them in the headers and footers you may cause a security issue for your customers during login and checkout. That caused me to have NO sales for almost a week! There's a way to do it with conditional statements, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Best of luck.

Archived