• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Size Problems

bighof

I read in a previous post to make my photos not look distorted I should go to the admin and then images and set the heights to o

I did this on all 3 heights and now I have no images. I cahged the heading ht size, the small image ht and the sub cat ht ALL to 0.

What were the default settings?

What did I do wrong. I have rectangle both sideways and up and down photos as well as sq. ones.

The other post also said they had auto sizing turned on but I do not see where to do this.

Any ideas

John :-"

Changing the image heights to zero would not have caused the loss of your images. I have done this on countless sites, and have never had images disappear. Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

The Calculate Image Size is just below those settings and is turned on by default.

Vger

I did nothing else.

My site as a whole is not coming up now and I mean all not just the osCommerce part. I must have a host server problem or crash (my next email). Nor can I acess my cpanel, it's all down

Thanks will advise

Changing the image heights to zero would not have caused the loss of your images.  I have done this on countless sites, and have never had images disappear.  Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

The Calculate Image Size is just below those settings and is turned on by default.

Vger

If your cPanel is down then the whole server is down.

Vger

That seems to be the case.

I am waiting word from my host now. 4 plus years on this host and this is a first. Oh well , maybe my images not showing was the begining of the crash. Sure hope I don't get the bill....I did nothing (only joking)

Hi Server is back up and still no pics Here is the admin (I cut and pasted

Small Image Width 100 Info

Small Image Height 0 Info

Heading Image Width 57 Info

Heading Image Height 0 Info

Subcategory Image Width 100 Info

Subcategory Image Height 0

Calculate Image Size true Info

Image Required true Info

----------------------------------------------------

Subcategory Image Height

Edit

The pixel height of subcategory images

Date Added: 06/28/2005

Last Modified: 06/30/2005

----------------------------------------------

Can you tell me the default settings and I will try them and see if they come back up. Everything showed up right (just distorted) BEFORE I made these changes to 0.

Thanks

John

If your cPanel is down then the whole server is down.

Vger

Hi Server is back up and still no pics Here is the admin (I cut and pasted

Small Image Width  100  Info

Small Image Height  0  Info

Heading Image Width  57  Info

Heading Image Height  0  Info

Subcategory Image Width  100  Info

Subcategory Image Height  0 

Calculate Image Size  true  Info

Image Required  true  Info

----------------------------------------------------

Subcategory Image Height

Edit

The pixel height of subcategory images

Date Added: 06/28/2005

Last Modified: 06/30/2005

----------------------------------------------

Can you tell me the default settings and I will try them and see if they come back up. Everything showed up right (just distorted) BEFORE I made these changes to 0.

Thanks

John

hi John,

try to make the field just be empty instead of 0

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

The default settings are below - but I'm fairly certain that something else is wrong.

Small Image Width 100

Small Image Height 80

Heading Image Width 57

Heading Image Height 40

Subcategory Image Width 100

Subcategory Image Height 57

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

Vger

what file is written to when image sizes are changed in the admin panel... and what file needs to be changed to customize the heading portion which displays category images and the manufacturer/style filter

what file is written to when image sizes are changed in the admin panel... and what file needs to be changed to customize the heading portion which displays category images and the manufacturer/style filter

These image values are changed in your database, table configuration, not in a file.

For editing the category images and filter, you need to go to catalog/index.php line 234 for filter, line 260 for image

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Tried this to and with this fix I get s full creen size images.

If I put 0 in all I get is the cat or sub cat title and no pic.

Thanks again

John

Same thing here - either distorted (if I dont asjust the image size to the exact) or LARGE when i leave one (width or height) blank.

Strange..

Anybody have a suggestion?

Same thing here - either distorted (if I dont asjust the image size to the exact) or LARGE when i leave one (width or height) blank.

Strange..

Anybody have a suggestion?

Glad I am not the only one. If anyone gets this figured out PLEASE POST. I will if I get it.

John

Peter and John - perhaps you should compare notes - especially to find out if you use the same hosting company. This is not an osCommerce issue, so it's something to do with your setup.

Vger

My setup comes with my host and they said is used by many there and no problems. onlinemalls.com

John

Peter and John - perhaps you should compare notes - especially to find out if you use the same hosting company.  This is not an osCommerce issue, so it's something to do with your setup.

Vger

My setup comes with my host and they said is used by many there and no problems. onlinemalls.com

John

I?m also using a Controlpanel installed OSC with my host. (oderland.se)

Same answer there as you got.

Could it perhaps be wise to make a clean install manually instead..wonder if that would make a difference..? (thinking out loud) <_<

Has somebody allready fixed this problem? :blush:

Hope so, because the images in my shop (www.music-star.nl/webshop) aren't very beautiful :'( ..

Entering a 0 (zero) makes the images displayed at their full size,

entering nothing makes the images disappear..

I only change 1 value (width or height) not both! And.. Calculate image size en Image required are set to "true".

I hope somebody has fixed this problem....

I tried the "'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer" contrib.

Seems to work rather fine. Not sure wether it actually re-sizes the images, but mine show correctly now.

Haven?t got a clue what caused the problems though..

<_<

Archived