• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please take a look at my new store

julianpuje

www.leisurezone.co.uk

Please take a look at my latest effort to create a site. I've made many changes and modifications to get it to where i hope people will like.

So give it to me, good or bad.

One of my main concerns is the load speed, as i'm on an 8 meg connection you get used to it being quick.

My main changes to the functionality are the no log-in or reference to it anywhere, this is now part of the checkout. If the customer ends up creating an account then they must have been checking out. Also no shopping cart or checkout unless you have something in the cart, and you cannot add anything to the cart if it is out of stock. Added View and removed the Buy Now option so you view everything regardless of attributes prior to adding to cart.

Only the tabs you need are at the top of the page, more appear when you add to cart, and account history etc when you log-in.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Julian

Thanks to all the contributions i have used, far too many to list. But i will be adding some of my own once the site gets a thumbs up and i have some more time.

No create account, tabs, remove checkout and add to cart plus some more little ones.

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

www.leisurezone.co.uk

Please take a look at my latest effort to create a site. I've made many changes and modifications to get it to where i hope people will like.

So give it to me, good or bad.

One of my main concerns is the load speed, as i'm on an 8 meg connection you get used to it being quick.

My main changes to the functionality are the no log-in or reference to it anywhere, this is now part of the checkout. If the customer ends up creating an account then they must have been checking out. Also no shopping cart or checkout unless you have something in the cart, and you cannot add anything to the cart if it is out of stock. Added View and removed the Buy Now option so you view everything regardless of attributes prior to adding to cart.

Only the tabs you need are at the top of the page, more appear when you add to cart, and account history etc when you log-in.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Julian

Thanks to all the contributions i have used, far too many to list. But i will be adding some of my own once the site gets a thumbs up and i have some more time.

No create account, tabs, remove checkout and add to cart plus some more little ones.

Site looks good.

Couple of things I dont like

1) the scrolling best sellers

2) the spinning ? in the email us a question, I just think things like that are gimmicks used in the early days of web development. Just looks cheap, sorry.

I want that 7ft Hurricane Air Hockey table

Thanks for the reply mikeq

I don't particularly like the scrolling best sellers either and am working on the basic osC one to fit in with the site.

I don't actually mind the question mark, i'll see what others say before i chuck it out.

Cheers :thumbsup:

really like the site. It has the "stock" feel (that is hard to break out of when using osC), but you have done a lot to make it unique. Overall A+ website you have there.

[edit] Couldn't find the spinning "?", have you already removed it? [/edit]

Jud

really like the site.  It has the "stock" feel (that is hard to break out of when using osC), but you have done a lot to make it unique. Overall A+ website you have there.

[edit] Couldn't find the spinning "?", have you already removed it? [/edit]

Jud

Thanks Jud :thumbsup:

The spinning "?" is still there when you view a product.

the site is really nice i can see you ve been very busy, however, i found a bit slow to load, and i think is all due to the bestseller scrollable thing.

It would also help you if you have a logo and name in a very obvious place.

If i was you I would remove the manufacturers box. and move the search bx closer to the top maybe next to the credit card images.

best of luck and really nice work.

J

hmmm ... When I go here:

http://www.leisurezone.co.uk/8ft-plum-tram...-set-p-342.html

I am just bobbarded with pictures of the same trampoline, just a different model. Im not saying that there is anythingwrong, but the same picture is scrolling through the bestsellers, and its at the bottom of the page in the "also Purchased" module. haha, kinda wierd.

Jud

Nice work ... some interesting ideas and overall it works really well ... looks professional and far enough from the stock OSC to be individual. Nice one!!

I too don't like the spinning question mark .... cheapens the look of a high quality site. IMHO :'(

Its getting better by the day, kepp up the good work...

But please do loose the scrolling bestsellers....

Thanks for the replies, it looks like the spinning "?" got to go. The best sellers scroll is going anyway tomorrow when i've got the orig best sellers to fit in with the site.

Has anyone noticed the site loading slowly?

Thanks again

More comments welcome, thanks :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies, it looks like the spinning "?" got to go. The best sellers scroll is going anyway tomorrow when i've got the orig best sellers to fit in with the site.

Has anyone noticed the site loading slowly?

Thanks again

More comments welcome, thanks :thumbsup:

Just having a wee look about again.

Clicking on the following categories cause the categories to disappear

Bouncy Castles

Pool

Snooker

Trampolines

The one they all have in common is that they have sub-categories (the ones that work dont have sub-categories). I would say this is a must fix asap

Just having a wee look about again.

Clicking on the following categories cause the categories to disappear

Bouncy Castles

Pool

Snooker

Trampolines

The one they all have in common is that they have sub-categories (the ones that work dont have sub-categories).  I would say this is a must fix asap

I know about that, just not too sure how to get around it as it is part of the index.php and not the product_info.php.

Does anybody know?

I am using categories on my mainpage and then the categories box appears in my column left if you go to product_info.php. The problem is as above, if it goes to show sub-cats i have no categories box showing at all.

I have now removed the best sellers scroll, but i don't like the look of the best sellers box i've replaced it with, any feedback on this appreciated.

Thanks again for the feedback :thumbsup: keep it coming.

ps: I take it no-one has had any major problems with load speed?

my leisurezone website

Archived