• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Edit Quantity in Admin

dariawylde

Hi,

My client requires changes on his inventory quantities quite frequently as he sells his stuff offline and through an ebay store so the quantities available on the OSC store have to be updated to reflect this.

Does anybody know of a mod that will allow a quantity field to be displayed on the main categories/products pages in the admin section without having to go into each product separately?

Also, does anybody know how to add a statement to the product listing that will allow an alternative to the Buy Now button, i.e. if product quantity <1 then show Back Order button.

I have been working with PHP for sometime BUT my ability to use the correct syntax in coding is limited, challenged or otherwise c**p, without some help.

Thanks

Daria

You could try Easy Populate. That pulls a spreadsheet file. The info could be updates fast that way then reloaded to the store.

I used a combination of Contribs for a great little feature. I installed Product Notification (I think its called that) which changes the Infobox to notify customers by e-mail when I add fresh stock of that item. It works very well for those who really wanted xyz and are waiting. Then I installed another Contrib that adds a sold out button when items are out. Finally, I moved the Infobox into that space instead. Now, when items are there, they can buy. When they are sold out, they get a quick way to be notified. The only change I would want to make, would be the layout of that box. I'll get there some day. Actually, I'd also change it so anyone could sign up to be notified, not just customers.

You could try Easy Populate. That pulls a spreadsheet file. The info could be updates fast that way then reloaded to the store.

I used a combination of Contribs for a great little feature. I installed Product Notification  (I think its called that) which changes the Infobox to notify customers by e-mail when I add fresh stock of that item. It works very well for those who really wanted xyz and are waiting. Then I installed another Contrib that adds a sold out button when items are out. Finally, I moved the Infobox into that space instead. Now, when items are there, they can buy. When they are sold out, they get a quick way to be notified. The only change I would want to make, would be the layout of that box. I'll get there some day. Actually, I'd also change it so anyone could sign up to be notified, not just customers.

Thanks for the advice. I have thought about using Easy Populate, but as the store is in full swing and selling, do you think it would mess anything up to start using that at this point?

You have a very pretty site, btw. I love the opening page.

Regards

Daria

Thanks! Is that gardenvines or corbyn you meant? Corbyn is just a little playground/family thing. Gardenvines, of course, is the osc platform.

If the store is very active, it might be best to try to work out a Contrib like you're seeking. If not, the updates with Easy Populate could be done in the off hours. The file could be pulled any time. The final quantities and upload timing are the issues.

I make changes at 6AM eastern time since shopping is very rare at that time on my site.

You know, if it's just product quantities involved, could you introduce your client to the database? I love phpMyAdmin and have been doing some great things with queries and manually adjusting things. It may not be as fast, though.

Thanks! Is that gardenvines or corbyn you meant? Corbyn is just a little playground/family thing. Gardenvines, of course, is the osc platform.

If the store is very active, it might be best to try to work out a Contrib like you're seeking. If not, the updates with Easy Populate could be done in the off hours. The file could be pulled any time. The final quantities and upload timing are the issues.

I make changes at 6AM eastern time since shopping is very rare at that time on my site.

You know, if it's just product quantities involved, could you introduce your client to the database? I love phpMyAdmin and have been doing some great things with queries and manually adjusting things. It may not be as fast, though.

gardenvines - we are a family of gardeners - somewhat difficult in the rocky soil of AR - but we're getting there.

Unfortunately, my client is somewhat, erm, challenged - when it comes to using anything beyond AOL. But, I think I will setup a duplicate store on my server and test out integrating Easy Populate with a functional store and see how that works.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it :D

Daria

Archived