• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Text too close to edge of centre part

Thanks to everyone who had some input on my last problem with the box headings changing. I've finally fixed it I think.

That's then thrown up another problem the text in the centre part of my site (all pages) is very close to the edge.

Please can someone tell me which file I need to change and what to get it to give me about 3 or 4 pixels of a gap.

I've altered the sides to be 150 pixels instead of 125 which is the default. I'm sure this is what has had an impact.

See my site at http://www.theleftyshop.com/catalog

Or the picture... hopefully enclosed below (if I can manage it)

text-problem.gif

Thanks to everyone who had some input on my last problem with the box headings changing.  I've finally fixed it I think.

That's then thrown up another problem the text in the centre part of my site (all pages) is very close to the edge.

Please can someone tell me which file I need to change and what to get it to give me about 3 or 4 pixels of a gap.

I've altered the sides to be 150 pixels instead of 125 which is the default.  I'm sure this is what has had an impact.

See my site at http://www.theleftyshop.com/catalog

Or the picture... hopefully enclosed below (if I can manage it)

text-problem.gif

maybe in your CSS class .main add

padding: 4px;

the site is still buggered in Firefox :huh:

maybe in your CSS class .main add

the site is still buggered in Firefox  :huh:

Thanks Mike. I'll try that....

Oh... get another browser :P

Seriously... I'll have a look at the weekend, thanks.

Thanks Mike.  I'll try that....

Oh... get another browser  :P

Seriously... I'll have a look at the weekend, thanks.

here you can see that the column_left and right have padding added to their tables ... but the body one not ... you can add a cellpadding of 4 to it instead of the 0 and you should be set, BUT it has to be changed in all files in catalog.

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

the cellpadding to be changed is the last expression in this code

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

here you can see that the column_left and right have padding added to their tables ... but the body one not ... you can add a cellpadding of 4 to it instead of the 0 and you should be set, BUT it has to be changed in all files in catalog.

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
?<tr>
? ?<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
? ?</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
? ?<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

the cellpadding to be changed is the last expression in this code

Is there no other way? It looks a bit silly as it is now. Don't want to edit "loads" of the files in my "catalog" folder.

honestly, I've done changes like that in all files before, and it did not take more than 15 min, opening them all and then do cut and paste ...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

honestly, I've done changes like that in all files before, and it did not take more than 15 min, opening them all and then do cut and paste ...

Mike. Sorry I didn't understand what you meant. I've done it that way now. Monica thanks again for the input. Brilliant. All working now. Hope I can help some other lost soul when I improve.

Mike.  Sorry I didn't understand what you meant.  I've done it that way now.  Monica thanks again for the input.  Brilliant.  All working now.  Hope I can help some other lost soul when I improve.

Should have just asked.

There is a file stylesheet.css where all styles are defined.

In there there is CSS class called "main" like this

TD.main, P.main {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 1.5;
}

all you would need to do was add

i.e.

TD.main, P.main {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 1.5;
}

and that would have sorted it, ah the beauty of CSS. No rummaging through code to find all instances of what needs changed.

Archived