• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I Add Sub categories

bighof

Hi Can I add sub categories?

If so how can this be done?

Also I have a lot of categories and sub categories and do not want my front page to go on forever with just a col. on the left side with the categories. Can I add (like ebay) some categories with a link to a all categories page AND list only some of my better selling categories on the front page? Can I break the categories down into cols all the way across the front page, but leave the last col.?

I know alot of ? on one post, but sure would like to get past first base on this. Thanks to all

John

Yes, you can add subcategories easily in the admin panel. When you are in a category create a new one with the button at the bottom and it will be in that category as a sub.

You can install a Contribution like All Products or Site map (see button at top for Contribs) and then delete the products Infobox from column_left.php

This is the code to cut:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

Just be sure to save backups before mucking around!

Thank you so much, I have already used the sub cats and works fine. I will copy files and start with the other part. Let you know how it comes out, hopefully not a all day job.

John

Hi Can I add sub categories?

If so how can this be done?

Also I have a lot of categories and sub categories and do not want my front page to go on forever with just a col. on the left side with the categories. Can I add (like ebay) some categories with a link to a all categories page AND list  only some of my better selling categories on the front page? Can I break the categories down into cols all the way across the front page, but leave the last col.?

I know alot of ? on one post, but sure would like to get past first base on this. Thanks to all

John

Happy to say I found just the trick. BUT I can not find it again to tell you where it is. Here is the guys site that uses it and it is not to hard to put in.

http://www.caravanmart.com.au

and in the read me he says if you need any help to email him at

[email protected] :P

Thank you so much, I have already used the sub cats and works fine. I will copy files and start with the other part. Let you know how it comes out, hopefully not a all day job.

John

Archived