• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble Installing USPS Module

keress

We are trying to get the USPS module working. When I select "Install" there's a message that I need to set up an account with the USPS. We've done this, but there's nowhere evident to input our account number, or any link that will further the installation process. Am I missing something?

In my Configuration under the heading of Modules is a sub-heading called Shipping.

In Shipping there is a section called United States Postal Service. This is where my USPS User ID and Password live. Enable USPS Shipping should be "true" and Which server to use should be "production."

I think this is what you are looking for. I hope it helps.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Thanks for the help, Danny. I did find how to input our id and pw, but it's still not working right. When I go to checkout, I get a message that an error occurred in making the calculations. The Install icon still shows in admin, but hitting it just keeps returning the message that we need an account, even though we've input the info.

Thanks for the help, Danny.  I did find how to input our id and pw, but it's still not working right.  When I go to checkout, I get a message that an error occurred in making the calculations.  The Install icon still shows in admin, but hitting it just keeps returning the message that we need an account, even though we've input the info.

Anybody have an idea what I can try?

I think we also had to contact The Post Office again to get things to work. I remember the Post Office telling us to try it out in test mode, we told them that we had tried it in test mode, they said "okay" and it worked shortly after that.

I also remember it being a very easy phone call.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Make sure your admin says in production, then contact USPS and tell them to put you in production as well and everything should be fine. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Make sure your admin says in production, then contact USPS and tell them to put you in production as well and everything should be fine. =)

So the Test mode doesn't work?? I set up a test account with USPS and entered the User/Pass they sent me .. the link they sent to test is the same one in my usps.php. IE. testing.shippingapis.com but I get the error in the checkout each time..

So if I tell USPS to go ahead and put me into production, you are saying THEN it will work?

Sorry just rather confused as to why there is a test mode if it doesn't work...

Thanks for any insight.

Petal

Archived