• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing additional languages French

scamel

I downloaded the French pack from a link somewhere here (I can't even find it anymore). In the file pack, there were 4 files.

1. admin(folder)

2. includes (folder)

3. install.txt

4 (readme)

I read the install.txt and it said something about putting the 2 folders in the catalog directory. Since I couldn't find a 'catalog' directory, I put them under admin/includes/languages.

Actually, I only put one of them in.. since both have similar names of folders/directories.

Then when one of them didn't work I overwrote it with the other and it all screwed up.

Now I've deleted both but they still don't allow my store to work!

The error msg is

Warning: main(includes/languages/french.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages/french.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/french.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 285

(where xxx is my login to my webhost)

---

Also, I made a new language in the admin controls

Please make any necessary changes

Name:

Francais

Code:

fr

Image:

icon.gif

Directory:

french

Sort Order:

Since the default is 'icon.gif' I guess I can't change that but why can't the program recognise the icon.gif when I installed it through the French pack? I kept getting that question mark icon on my store before (when I could still actually view it).

--

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and can anyone explain in simple terms where I put the 2 files so they don't overwrite each other and don't screw up any php files?

Many thanks.

Ok I found out where to put the files.. and I'm happy to say that it works now.

However, it's somehow set French to the default.

How do I keep french (and english and german and spanish) but have ENGLISH As the DEFAULT?

anyone know ? thanks.

Archived