• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ways to make your site show on top of search engin

ereed28214

Ok, I have downloaded and installed the Header Tag Controller which allows me to put keywords for each product and category. By the way, should the keywords be seperated with commas and have spaces between the comma and keyword or no spaces at all? Such as computer,modem,mouse or computer, modem, mouse? So what is the next step or what have you guys done after header tags controller? I just wanna get my site on search engines for now and I'm not sure if header tag controller allows that even if its the last page on the search engine. Opinions welcome. Thanks.

The keywords should be comma separated. Make sure you ran the fill_tags.file as described in the instructions. The next step is to set up the text in english/header_tags.php to match you site. Concentrate on your home page. Change the title, description and keyword to use your keyword. Optimize the page for that keyword. You will need to do research to find out how to do this. much information is availalbe here in the forums if you search for SEO. Doing that give you a big boost in the listings.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

the number one way to make sure that you are listed properly in the search engines, is to have alot of relevent information on your website.

that is always more important then anything else.

K Groner

Archived