• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

I'm glad it is working for you. You should probably remove any pages that are secured pages, like login, my account, checkout_..., and so on. The SE's don't need to have links to those. Of course, you may want to have them availbe for your customers. I guess it is just a matter of preference. I would remove any link that doesn't make sense to people. If you see a link with just one letter, then that may confuse your customers. Always set up your site for your visitors first.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm receiving the same error as cmjennings21:

Site Map

data = array(); while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) { $this->data[$categories['parent_id']][$categories['categories_id']] = array('name' => $categories['categories_name'], 'count' => 0); } } function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0) { $result = $this->parent_group_start_string; if (isset($this->data[$parent_id])) { foreach ($this->data[$parent_id] as $category_id => $category) { $category_link = $category_id; $result .= $this->child_start_string; if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) { $result .= $this->parent_start_string; } if ($level == 0) { $result .= $this->root_start_string; } $result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level) . ''; $result .= $category['name']; $result .= ''; if ($level == 0) { $result .= $this->root_end_string; } if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) { $result .= $this->parent_end_string; } $result .= $this->child_end_string; if (isset($this->data[$category_id]) && (($this->max_level == '0') || ($this->max_level > $level+1))) { $result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1); } } } $result .= $this->parent_group_end_string; return $result; } function buildTree() { return $this->buildBranch($this->root_category_id); } } ?>

Fatal error: Class 'osC_CategoryTree' not found in D:\wamp\www\dynamic_sitemap.php on line 58

Can it be Wamp specific?

I already double checked if all the files are in place. I also tried this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2208

But then I'm receiving the exact same error (just on a different line).

Sounds like it. Both contributions use that class, which is included in both. So if they are both failing, you either made the same mistake twice or there is something wrong with your setup.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to alphebetize the output of the site map for easier use (my site has a billion extra pages). Will alphebetizing the string effect the SEO properties of the page at all? I am clueless when it comes to SE response.

If it won't hurt anything, does anyone have a quick fix for alphebetizing the list?

It won't effect the SE's at all. If you read back a ways, I think I posted code for doing this but I'm not sure of how well it worked.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi you all,

I have installed version 1.6, and having a slight problem

The information box items looks good I think

? Information

o Verzenden & Retourneren

o Privacy verklaring

o Algemene Voorwaarden

o Neem contact op

o Site Map

o Maten tabel

The word information has no link, but looking to the properties, it is pointing to dynamic_sitemap.php. The other 6 links work correct.

But I also have in my list:

? Algemene Voorwaarden

" href="http://localhost/catalog/conditions.php?osCsid=bef70ecd622c7a1552bd1cae744d7529">

Algemene Voorwaarden

? Privacy Verklaring

" href="http://localhost/catalog/privacy.php?osCsid=bef70ecd622c7a1552bd1cae744d7529">

Privacy Verklaring

? Verzenden & Retourneren

" href="http://localhost/catalog/shipping.php?osCsid=bef70ecd622c7a1552bd1cae744d7529">

Verzenden & Retourneren

? Maten tabel

" href="http://localhost/catalog/sizes.php?osCsid=bef70ecd622c7a1552bd1cae744d7529">

Maten tabel

Those items have no link attached, and I think the don?t belong there. All those items belong to the already mentioned information bos

What is happing here?

Best regards,

Peter

You need to find out where it is picking up those links from. Their format is probably not of the required type so they will have to be changed or excluded.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to find out where it is picking up those links from. Their format is probably not of the required type so they will have to be changed or excluded.

Jack

Is there a cleaver way of finding them?

What are the terms on why the contri thinks it is something for the sitemap

No, not really. They are added in order though. So if the links come after the information box, they are either in that box or the one after it. The code just looks for standard oscommerce links. This will be changed in the next version but there's no telling when that might be.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've tried a few Site Map contributions and on reading he forums i have seen many recommendations for this one. However, i'm having a problem. All of the site maps i have installed give me this same error, and there must be something i'm missing, as i have followed the instructions to the letter. I hope someone can advise, as i believe it is a configuration issue on the server, but i'm not sure what i need to do.

Basically i am receiving this error when i click on the site map link in the information box.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected]###networkonline.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Does anyone know what i need to do to rectify this?

The link to my page is Ladyloving.com, Please note this is an adult orientated store (although there are no explicit images on the front page).

Best Regards

Donna

Hi all,

I've tried a few Site Map contributions and on reading he forums i have seen many recommendations for this one. However, i'm having a problem. All of the site maps i have installed give me this same error, and there must be something i'm missing, as i have followed the instructions to the letter. I hope someone can advise, as i believe it is a configuration issue on the server, but i'm not sure what i need to do.

Basically i am receiving this error when i click on the site map link in the information box.

The link to my page is Ladyloving.com, Please note this is an adult orientated store (although there are no explicit images on the front page).

Best Regards

Donna

I just thought i would add my server information also

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Thanks in advance

Donna

Hi all,

Best Regards

Donna

There's nothing in the code for this contribution that would cause that that I can think of. Generally that error is a problem your host needs to resolve. But since your other pages work, you could try swapping things around. For example, the Gift Vouchers FAQ page displays. So make a copy of that file (in the root) name it dynamic_sitemap.php and click on the Site Map link. If it loads, then you need to narrow it down by switching the contents of the file. Eventually it will fail and that should point to the code causing the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's nothing in the code for this contribution that would cause that that I can think of. Generally that error is a problem your host needs to resolve. But since your other pages work, you could try swapping things around. For example, the Gift Vouchers FAQ page displays. So make a copy of that file (in the root) name it dynamic_sitemap.php and click on the Site Map link. If it loads, then you need to narrow it down by switching the contents of the file. Eventually it will fail and that should point to the code causing the problem.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

I'll give it a go when i get home, i'm at work at the mo and don't like changing too much from the backend of the store, makes me slightly nervy...lol.

I'll post an update later.

Best Regards

Donna

Thanks Jack,

I'll give it a go when i get home, i'm at work at the mo and don't like changing too much from the backend of the store, makes me slightly nervy...lol.

I'll post an update later.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi all,

Well i got home and checked my server logs...guess what, the problem was caused by the dynamic_sitemap.php being chmod to 777, changes this to 444 and problem solved. I've got the reknowned

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

error now so i'm off to read the previous posts to rectify.

Thanks all

Donna

Hi all,

Well i got home and checked my server logs...guess what, the problem was caused by the dynamic_sitemap.php being chmod to 777, changes this to 444 and problem solved. I've got the reknowned

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

error now so i'm off to read the previous posts to rectify.

Thanks all

Donna

That is renown.

That is renown.

Hmm....well i dont really know where to start....as i'm no php expert, the deliberate mistake in my information.php is not apparent, can your expert eyes possibly have a look?

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_GV . '</a><br>' . 				 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

The problem appears here:

Information

*Shipping & Returns

*Privacy Notice

*Size Charts

Also, i have what appears to be alot of duplicate entries on the right hand column, when hovering over the links to check the destination they are different pages?

Best Regards

Donna

The problem is with the gift vouchers line. Gift Vouchers adds their filename defines in a separate file but the dynamic sitemap code looks for it in includes/filenames.php. So you need to move the line

define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ'...

from the gift vouchers file to the filenames file. I think you may have to change the format of that link to appear as the others too but I don't recall. I am referring to the

'', 'NONSSL'

part. Notice the other links don't use it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is with the gift vouchers line. Gift Vouchers adds their filename defines in a separate file but the dynamic sitemap code looks for it in includes/filenames.php. So you need to move the line
define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ'...

from the gift vouchers file to the filenames file. I think you may have to change the format of that link to appear as the others too but I don't recall. I am referring to the

'', 'NONSSL'

part. Notice the other links don't use it.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks once again for your fast reply, i've modified the files as suggested, defined the Gift Voucher page in filenames.php and modified the format of the file in information.php to the same as the rest, but this did not fix the problem...hmm...!

Anyone else had a similar issue? Will the sitemap in this condition prove detrimental if i get spidered, if left on my site until i rectify it?

Best Regards

Donna

That's what the problem is. Please post your code here so I can take a look at it.

Jack

Hi Jack apologies for the delayed response...i've been away from my computer. I wasn't sure what file you wanted me to post, so i've posted information.php if this is not the one you want please let me know and i'll post tomorrow, as its bed time where i am :) I havent posted the entire file, as thought it would not be required.

<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link
(FILENAME_GV_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_GV . '</a><br>' . 								' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP . '</a>');

?>

Best Regards

Donna

That looks OK except when I copy it the links are not all on one line. That might just be a formatting problem of the forum software but if it is really that way, you need to fix that. After I put them on one line, your code worked here. Also, be sure you removed the define from the gift vouchers files, not just copied it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That looks OK except when I copy it the links are not all on one line. That might just be a formatting problem of the forum software but if it is really that way, you need to fix that. After I put them on one line, your code worked here. Also, be sure you removed the define from the gift vouchers files, not just copied it.

Jack

Phew, managed to fix that after all your effors and pointers, thank you very much, u do deserve a medal for putting up with us new coders....lol.

Now unfortunately i have found another error...with shop by price. I have checked where the filename was being defined, and its in application_top.php not any of the supplied contribution files? Am i just completely out of my depth with this contribution...lol?? I have looked for similar errors to those causing the errors with the CCGV files, and on looking at the code in the shop_by_price.php located in includes/boxes have noticed somelines are commented out and the NONSSL statement is used as per my previous statement. However, if i modify these as before it does not fix the problem. Any ideas?

<?php
/*
 $Id: shop_by_price.php,v 2.2 2005/12/10  $

Contribution by Meltus
 http://www.highbarn-consulting.com

Revised and Adapted for OsCommerce MS2 by:
 Sylvio Ruiz
 [email protected]

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- shop by price //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE);

/* $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							 'text'  => BOX_HEADING_SHOP_BY_PRICE
							); */

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SHOP_BY_PRICE);

// new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE, '', 'NONSSL'));

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

for ($range=0; $range<sizeof($price_ranges); $range++) {
	$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',
							 'text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE, 'range=' . $range , 'NONSSL') . '">' . $price_ranges[$range] . '</a><br>' 
							);
}				

?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- shop_by_price //-->

I really do appreciate your help, its a really good experience to receive help from those who know already, its really helping my understanding of php.

Best Regards

Donna

:D

Dynamic sitemap won't currently work with any infobox that uses non-standard code, which is the case here. You need to exclude that infobox so that Dynamic Sitemap ignores it. How to do this is covered in this thread. It is pretty easy.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dynamic sitemap won't currently work with any infobox that uses non-standard code, which is the case here. You need to exclude that infobox so that Dynamic Sitemap ignores it. How to do this is covered in this thread. It is pretty easy.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I think i read some of those posts so i'll go review them now. Once again thankyou for all your help. I'll no doubt be back asking about another contribution....whats the next good contrbution for SEO?I have this site map and header tag controller so far?? Phew its a long and windy raod to success....lmao!!!

Donna

Thanks Jack, I think i read some of those posts so i'll go review them now. Once again thankyou for all your help. I'll no doubt be back asking about another contribution....whats the next good contrbution for SEO?I have this site map and header tag controller so far?? Phew its a long and windy raod to success....lmao!!!

Donna

No sooner do i rectify 1 problem do i find another, i noticed that the sitemap is giving a blank entry for cookie_usage.php. I firstly tried to exclude this file by adding it to the includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php file, but that didnt even exclude it.

So i next went into the cookies_usage file to see if i good spot any difference between that and the other headings being picked up from other files, but no luck there? Any suggestions?

Regards

A very big annoyance

Donna