• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

The cookie usage link should work fine. How do you know it's the cookie usage link if the line is blank? If you do try to exclude it, note that there are two places in the file to exclude. The top one is for infoboxes while the bottom one is for pages.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The cookie usage link should work fine. How do you know it's the cookie usage link if the line is blank? If you do try to exclude it, note that there are two places in the file to exclude. The top one is for infoboxes while the bottom one is for pages.

Jack

I tried to exclude it at the bottom half of the file where the .php extensions are, but nothing appeared to happen. I ascertained that it was this file,as assuming that the sitemap picks up the files in alphabetical order, this would be the file after 'contact us' and before 'create account'? Correct me if i'm wrong...lol...i did try exclude using the backend if oscommerce, so i might try exclude it by uploading a new copy of the file and see if that works.

Regards

Donna

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. I've installed this in a number of shops and the cookie usage page always shows up so I can't say why it isn't in yours. Just as a test, you could temporairly delete the cookie_usage.php file from the root directory and try displaying the sitemap. If the blank line is still there, then it is something else that is causing it.Be sure to add the file back when you are done.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. I've installed this in a number of shops and the cookie usage page always shows up so I can't say why it isn't in yours. Just as a test, you could temporairly delete the cookie_usage.php file from the root directory and try displaying the sitemap. If the blank line is still there, then it is something else that is causing it.Be sure to add the file back when you are done.

Jack

Well, once again you were right, lol...as always :thumbsup: It wasn't the cookie usage page, i deleted as per your suggestion and i've still got the blank entry. I guess there is no easy way to sort this out so i'm off to figure out what is causing it. Thanks for your help. You really do deserve a medal for all your hard work.

Regards

Donna

You could try the following if you have a test shop. You could do it on your live shop if you want but it will display a list of files. Of course, it would only be a short test and only affect your sitemap page so I would do it if it were my site in order to find the problem. Find this code in includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

if (file_exists($engFile) && IsViewable($file)) 
	{

and add this after it

echo ' Filename '.$engFile.'<br>';

Save and upload the file, then go to the siemap page. A list of files should be displayed. You should be able to match the one that is displaying a blank line.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi there ,

great contrib...

ok heres my question .

i wish to remove the information list from the stemap ( list that includes

Shipping & Returns , Privacy Notice , Conditions of Use )

how do i do this?

cheers chaps

hi there ,

great contrib...

ok heres my question .

i wish to remove the information list from the stemap ( list that includes

Shipping & Returns , Privacy Notice , Conditions of Use )

how do i do this?

cheers chaps

ignore this ..... sorted it.....

This is the support thread for the Dynamic SiteMap contribution. Based on the SiteMap MS2 contribution, it allows the full shop to be automatically listed and updated dynamically.

Jack

im having a problem with the sql inquiry in dynamic_sitemap.php

//dsa_ Exp $ Information Pages Unlimited BEGIN

$information_query=mysql_query('SELECT information_id, languages_id, info_title FROM ' . TABLE_INFORMATION .' WHERE visible=\'1\' and languages_id ='.$languages_id.' ORDER BY v_order')

or die(mysql_error());

the error im getting is displayed after all the links are in place and reads

Table 'commerce.TABLE_INFORMATION' doesn't exist

then the script ends leaving none displayed items in rest of the page ie no right colum

cheers any help much apprietated. Paul

You are using non-standard code so dynamic sitemap can't recognize it. You will need to exclude the files that use that code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have been using this sitemap for some time. One thing that has been bothering me, is that the sitemap generated is generating my pages for the secure site. https. Not a big deal, but when search engines pick up my pages, I prefer them to have http instead.

Is there any way to tell this contribution to not generate the links with https?

I have been using this sitemap for some time. One thing that has been bothering me, is that the sitemap generated is generating my pages for the secure site. https. Not a big deal, but when search engines pick up my pages, I prefer them to have http instead.

Is there any way to tell this contribution to not generate the links with https?

in includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php find this code:

around line 109?...

$engFile = DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $file;
	{
	   if (strpos($file, "product_info.php")		   !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "create_account_success.php") !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "links_submit_success.php")   !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "checkout_process.php")	   !== FALSE  )
		 continue;

$fp = file($engFile);

and add the pages there you dont wanna include. Sure thats how i did it

Edited by andyshep

in includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php find this code:

around line 109?...

$engFile = DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $file;
	{
	   if (strpos($file, "product_info.php")		   !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "create_account_success.php") !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "links_submit_success.php")   !== FALSE ||
		   strpos($file, "checkout_process.php")	   !== FALSE  )
		 continue;

$fp = file($engFile);

and add the pages there you dont wanna include. Sure thats how i did it

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I still want the pages linked, but I want them linked unsecure with http rather than https.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice contrib Jack. Thanks. Easy install. I was fooling around with dyn_sitemap.php and removed this line.

strpos($file, 'manufacturer') !== FALSE ||

To my surprise, my Information box showed up on the site map?

# Information

* Shipping Info

* Testimonials

* Conditions of Use

* Contact

* Site Map

Not a big deal, but was wondering why. I was trying to get my manufactures list to show.

Tom

can some of you look at this page

http://www.mswallace.com/vacuumcenter/dynamic_sitemap.php

tell me what file I need to check... As y ou can see near the bottom I am getting some crazy links. One is solid red that contains a link address.

Also some of the links listed need names to be fixed. There is one link that just says "I" but links to the forgot_password.php page.

Any thoughts?

K, never mind my last problem I figured that out...

But can anyone tell me how to take links out of the sitemap. What file do I edit and what code to I change or delet to get rid of links if I want too

thanks,

Matthew

There are several examples of how to do that in this thread and a blurb about it in the instructions. In short, add the file to includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php file where the other files are listed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

well some are repeating them selves like

"My Account Information

My Account Information"

some words like

" What "

and then words like

" I "

" %s Reviews "

and the left colon is also long

can you help me with this ??

hi, there just had this cont. installed but removed after seeing all those stuff. perhaps i must have posted a topic here. just like mswallave i did like to remove all links from account side and thos i and %s, what i also want is that links from my drop-down menu should also show dynamically just like information box as <li> and it's pages under it, can it be done, have a look

bhuratea.com