• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

These errors indicate that you have not successfully installed the "install.sql" - which updates your osc database with a needed table and keys.

Thanks!

But who can I solve that problem?

and is that an risk for my site?

These errors indicate that you have not successfully installed the "install.sql" - which updates your osc database with a needed table and keys.

Can someone excplane to me hou I can install run install.sql on the database?

Thanks in advantas

rcplace, have you tried to install it yet???

i have access to the mysqladmin and used that - but you most likely wouldn't have access to that...

you can try this...

[ this is a best guess for you - so make a backup first ]

in you administaion tool head to "Tools > Database Backup"

first make a backup of your database by clicking the backup botton and choosing the desired way you want such backup...

after that, while still in "Tools > Database Backup" click the restore botton, and select the option to Browse so you can enter "install.sql" - once it is entered, click the restore botton --- does that work for you???

if not it shouldn't hurt anything - but if by chance it did, simply install the backup you made...

and, well, wait for someone smarter than me to answer your question ;)

rcplace, have you tried to install it yet???

i have access to the mysqladmin and used that - but you most likely wouldn't have access to that...

you can try this...

[ this is a best guess for you - so make a backup first ]

in you administaion tool head to "Tools > Database Backup"

first make a backup of your database by clicking the backup botton and choosing the desired way you want such backup...

after that, while still in "Tools > Database Backup" click the restore botton, and select the option to Browse so you can enter "install.sql" - once it is entered, click the restore botton --- does that work for you???

if not it shouldn't hurt anything - but if by chance it did, simply install the backup you made...

and, well, wait for someone smarter than me to answer your question ;)

Whot is your way to acces the database?

I have tried the restore methode, it did not work stil;

1146 - Table 'savageshop.sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from sitemap_exclude where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

[TEP STOP]

But it did not harm :D

Thanks for so far, but more help needed

I have tried the restore methode, it did not work stil;
Ahh - yes yes --- but good news - you actually should have access to you sql admin ---

log into your domain's control panal (your domain's - not the osc) - look it over and find "phpMyAdmin" click it - this will open direct access to your database(s)...

now be sure that if you have more than one database that you open the one your osc is using (not to worry if your osc is the only thing at your site using mysql) - once you are sure you have your osc database open look for the option to "import" - then browse to your "install.sql" and import it ---- TADA....

Ahh - yes yes --- but good news - you actually should have access to you sql admin ---

log into your domain's control panal (your domain's - not the osc) - look it over and find "phpMyAdmin" click it - this will open direct access to your database(s)...

now be sure that if you have more than one database that you open the one your osc is using (not to worry if your osc is the only thing at your site using mysql) - once you are sure you have your osc database open look for the option to "import" - then browse to your "install.sql" and import it ---- TADA....

I can reach my database! :D

but i get this message after browseing "install.sql" and import it

error:

SQL-query:

CREATE TABLE `sitemap_exclude` (

`exclude_id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`exclude_file` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,

`exclude_type` INT( 2 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ,

`is_box` INT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `exclude_id` )

)

MySQL retourneerde:

#1050 - Table 'sitemap_exclude' already exists

Tanks for so far

Can you help?

my sitemap in admin shows this;

HEADING_TITLE

TITLE_CATALOG_FILES TITLE_CATALOG_BOXES

TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_ALL

TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG

TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_ALL

TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG

TITLE_EXCLUDED_CATALOG_FILES

checkout_process.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

create_account_success.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

links_submit_success.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

logoff.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

product_info.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

TITLE_EXCLUDED_CATALOG_BOXES

best_sellers.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

categories.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

currencies.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

languages.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

manufacturer.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

manufacturer_info.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

order_history.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

product_notifications.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

reviews.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

search.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

shopping_cart.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

specials.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

tell_a_friend.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

whats_new.php (TEXT_ALL) TEXT_INCLUDE

HA HA HA --- you still got some work ahead of you - but it's all worth it, you'll see :D

if you did not get and read the latest "ReadMe" (version 2.0) by aapinen, you can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,sitemap in the contrib "Typo in readme in version 2.0"

realize that such will vary for each language....

once you've edited the files that it instructs you to, you should be pretty happy.....

................................................................................

i'll stop back in a few hours to see how things went for you --- let me know...

Edited by squeekit

HA HA HA --- you still got some work ahead of you - but it's all worth it, you'll see :D

if you did not get and read the latest "ReadMe" (version 2.0) by aapinen, you can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,sitemap in the contrib "Typo in readme in version 2.0"

realize that such will vary for each language....

once you've edited the files that it instructs you to, you should be pretty happy.....

................................................................................

i'll stop back in a few hours to see how things went for you --- let me know...

I had canged the files alreddy, but it whas befor de database update, i supose i have to do it aggain.

Thank for your help!

no - you shouldn't have to change them again -- i suggest - reading that readme again carefully and checking that you changed all the correct files properly....

realize that you have to do things like edit the "filenames.php" that's located in includes/ and the "filenames.php" that's located in admin/includes/ - and so on and so on --- and be sure that you are editing in the langauge that you are using - like if you are using german then you want to edit includes/languages/german.php and not includes/languages/english.php like it says in the readme (unless you want to edit both) and so on...

from your error messages it seems that all that's left for you to do is to get these files correctly edited...

and the right files, at that...

Edited by squeekit

no - you shouldn't have to change them again -- i suggest - reading that readme again carefully and checking that you changed all the correct files properly....

realize that you have to do things like edit the "filenames.php" that's located in includes/ and the "filenames.php" that's located in admin/includes/ - and so on and so on --- and be sure that you are editing in the langauge that you are using - like if you are using german then you want to edit includes/languages/german.php and not includes/languages/english.php like it says in the readme (unless you want to edit both) and so on...

from your error messages it seems that all that's left for you to do is to get these files correctly edited...

and the right files, at that...

Thats strainge i have checked twis, but it seems to be oke? I have changed the dutch and the englich files, can it be somthing els?

Thats strainge i have checked twis, but it seems to be oke? I have changed the dutch and the englich files, can it be somthing els?

Have i solved it????????????

The files that must be coppied are postid in langwith maps to so i now have coppey it to the dutch map;

Sitemap

Sitemap

Files in Catalog

(/home/vhosts/rcplace.nl/httpdocs/) Catalog boxes

(/home/vhosts/rcplace.nl/httpdocs/includes/boxes/)

Uitloggen (logoff.php)%s Beoordelingen (product_reviews.php)Hoe worden onze producten beoordeeld (reviews.php)Betaalinformatie (checkout_payment_address.php)Uw klantgegevens (account_edit.php)Vertel een vriend(in) over (tell_a_friend.php)<DIV ALIGN="center">Privacy verklaring</DIV> (privacy.php)Site Map (dynamic_sitemap.php)Uw klantgegevens (create_account.php)Uitgebreid zoeken (advanced_search.php)Nieuw adres (address_book_process.php)Uw klantgegevens zijn bewaard ! (create_account_success.php)Nieuw wachtwoord aanvragen (password_forgotten.php)Abonnement op onze Nieuwsbrief (account_newsletters.php)Uw bestelling is succesvol ontvangen ! (checkout_success.php)Wilt u commentaar geven? (product_reviews_write.php)<DIV ALIGN="center">Contact informatie</DIV> (conditions.php)Veiligheidscontrole (ssl_check.php)<DIV ALIGN="center">Verzenden & retourneren</DIV> (shipping.php)Verzendinformatie (checkout_shipping.php)Uw eerdere bestellingen (account_history.php)Betaalwijze (checkout_payment.php)Bevestigen van uw bestelling ! (checkout_confirmation.php)Bezoekers winkelwagen / Klanten winkelwagen (info_shopping_cart.php)Artikelen die overeenkomen met uw zoekterm(en) (advanced_search_result.php)Speciale aanbieding (specials.php)Online bestellen is makkelijk. (login.php)%s Beoordelingen (product_reviews_info.php)Wachtwoord wijzigen (account_password.php)Uw klantgevens (account.php)Inhoud van de winkelwagen (shopping_cart.php)Bestelgegevens (account_history_info.php)Nieuwe producten (products_new.php)Artikel notificatie (account_notifications.php)Aflever informatie (checkout_shipping_address.php)Uw persoonlijk adresboek (address_book.php)Contact (contact_us.php)Wat hebben we hier? (index.php)Gebruik cookies (cookie_usage.php)

Exclude completely

Exclude for unregistered users

Categories (categories.php)Tell a friend (tell_a_friend.php)Information (information.php)Categories (coolmenu_box.php)Currencies (currencies.php)Notifications (product_notifications.php)Specials (specials.php)Manufacturer info (manufacturer_info.php)Shopping cart (shopping_cart.php)Manufacturers (manufacturers.php)Search (search.php)Whats new (whats_new.php)Bestsellers (best_sellers.php)

Exclude completely

Exclude for unregistered users

Excluded catalog files

Excluded catalog boxes

languages.php (all) Include

order_history.php (all) Include

reviews.php (all) Include

I think it is oke?

Thank you verry mutch! I think it is working!

But what do you recomend to include or execute becose i whas kliking on it as a newbey.

I think it is very importent, because atherwise wrong information will be send to google, so it comes on the net, is that write?

But what do you recomend to include or execute becose i whas kliking on it as a newbey.
i would recommend excluding all that does not relate to members or non-member visitors --- and selecting "Exclude for unregistered users" the items that relate to members but do not relate to non-members...

also earlier in this thread was some discussion about google and all...

Dynamic Sitemap v2.0 with STS

Don't know if this got fixed, but I was having the same problem as someone earlier with the sitemap coming up blank with installed on a site using STS. I've managed to work around the problem, but I don't know why what I did works.

What I did was take the shipping.php file and modify it to include the code to display the site map.

I changed these two lines near the top:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHIPPING);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING));

to read

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP));

Then around line 56 where it has

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

I changed that to have the code from dynamic_sitemap.php that displays the sitemap

<td class="main">
<?php	require (DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'category_tree.php');	$osC_CategoryTree = new osC_CategoryTree;	echo $osC_CategoryTree->buildTree();?>
 <ul class="sitemap">
<?php
  if (count($files['name']) > 0) { 
	for ($b = 0; $b < count($files['name']); ++$b) { 
?>			   
<li><?php echo '<a title="'. $files['name'][$b] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($files['path'][$b]) . '">' . $files['name'][$b] . '</a>'; ?></li>
<?php 
	} 
  }				 
  if (count($boxHeading) > 0) {
	for ($b = 0; $b < count($boxHeading); ++$b) {
	  echo '<li>'.$boxHeading[$b]['heading'][$b].'</li>';
?>
<ul>
  <?php
	for ($f = 0; $f < count($boxHeading[$b]['filename']); ++$f)
	  if (tep_not_null($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]))
		echo '<li><a title="'. $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]) . '">' . $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] . '</a></li>';
  ?>
</ul>
<?php
	  }
	}
?>
 </ul>
</td>

And to get rid of the continue button I deleted lines 63-75

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

Hope that works for other people.

Paul

Paul, it's ashame you couldn't get the sitemap to work as intended, for the method you implimented sacrifices the shipping.php (intended for shipping information, of course) which many, including myself, find very useful...

:huh:

Sorry, what I meant was I took shipping.php and renamed it to dynamic_sitemap.php, then modified that file so I still have shipping.php :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This weekend I applied the contribution headed Dynamic Sitemap V1.0 ? inside applied the latest Version V2.0.

Well basically I?m not that impressed, was hoping to see a list of my individual products, all categories and manufacturers. What I got was my category headings listed (Like in the standard left hand menu). There is an entry Manufacturers, however this is in red with no products listed underneath as I would have expected.

The admin site is pretty poor as well. When you exclude something from the sitemap, i.e "change password" it disppears forever. The layout of the admin control is a good idea, but poorly presented.

I?ve tried making a reply on the forum topic for this contribution, however my permissions do not allow me.

My sitemap looks like the following : http://www.ebody.co.uk/dynamic_sitemap.php

Any advice would be appreciated.

James

Hi,

This weekend I applied the contribution headed Dynamic Sitemap V1.0 ? inside applied the latest Version V2.0.

Well basically I?m not that impressed, was hoping to see a list of my individual products, all categories and manufacturers. What I got was my category headings listed (Like in the standard left hand menu). There is an entry Manufacturers, however this is in red with no products listed underneath as I would have expected.

The admin site is pretty poor as well. When you exclude something from the sitemap, i.e "change password" it disppears forever. The layout of the admin control is a good idea, but poorly presented.

I?ve tried making a reply on the forum topic for this contribution, however my permissions do not allow me.

My sitemap looks like the following : http://www.ebody.co.uk/dynamic_sitemap.php

Any advice would be appreciated.

James

Copied from another post, seem to have access now to post here (obviously). Didn't mean to be harsh, infact I would like to take that back. I was just expecting a sitemap that would display all my products, but it looks to be showing me what I already have on the index page.

A sitemap shouldn't show the products. It should list the major sections. If you want your products listed, you should install All Products with Images (actually, you should have them both installed for best SEO).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A sitemap shouldn't show the products. It should list the major sections. If you want your products listed, you should install All Products with Images (actually, you should have them both installed for best SEO).

Jack

Jack,

Okay, so if I install contribution "All Products with Images" I'll then see my products in my dynamic sitemap, have you any examples of this contribution and also with the dynamic sitemap..

I still thought a sitemap was supposed to allow you to see all products so google can spider them allowing them to acheive a PR rating.

What about the fact I just have the word manufacturers and nothing else?

Cheers,

James

No, an All Products page will be displayed by the All products contribution. They do not belong on the site map. You won't see them there.

I don't see the problem with the manufacturer here. It may be that that box needs to be excluded.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

yeah there does seem to be problems with inclusion of info boxes within the sitemap (the 'site info' box in the sitemap works fine) - i did not find such to be such a drawback however - i just excluded them...

all in all i found this contrib to be great - even with its minor 'blemishes'

what OSTastic99 fails to understand is the purpose of a "sitemap" (beyond SEO) and that is to help clients find what they are looking for easily - this is understandable considering OSTastic99's site - he doesn't have 3,000 or more products...

OSTastic99, the sitemap really shows its PLUS with sites that have subcategories - where at a glance a client can see each and every category - rather than the need to click a category in the cat-info box in order to see what subcategories exists under it -- as well, consider how much of a drawback it would be for a more complicated site with thousands of products to list them all in the sitemap -- it would defeat the purpose - for the sitemap is meant to simplify...

i didn't see the 'misfunctioning' of the sitemap when trying to include some of the info boxes as a big drawback because the more important info-boxes are on every page anyway...

Edited by squeekit