• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

Hello,

I've just installed Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 according to the installation instructions. However, when I go to catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php nothing showing up, just empty page. What's wrong? By the way, I have STS installed if it matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I too have this problem. Did you manage to find a solution? I too have STS installed.

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

I have installed this contribution but whenever I select the sitemap link a blank page where the sitemap should be appears. Any ideas? Admin works fine, just the catalog side not showing up.

I'm guessing by the lack of response from someone who has STS and dynamic sitemap contribution together, that this contribution is not compatible with STS. Anyone? Please! Pretty Please!!

It's compatible. There is nothing in it that would not make it so. But I don't use STS so I can't help you. I would suggest asking in the STS support thread since the problem isn't with this contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's compatible. There is nothing in it that would not make it so. But I don't use STS so I can't help you. I would suggest asking in the STS support thread since the problem isn't with this contribution.

Jack

Whoa there Jack,

I'm not saying it's a problem with this contribution. All I'm saying is that it may not work alongside STS.

I have asked in the STS forum and are awaiting a reply. I believe STS is a bit twitchy with some contributions. Appologies if I offended you.

Edited by freakystreak

I am just about to install V1.6 as it sounds to be the most reliable (I am correct in thinking that?)

Would there be a problem if I renamed the dynamic_sitemap.php to sitemap.php

And changed

define('FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP', 'dynamic_sitemap.php');

to

define('FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP', 'sitemap.php');

I have installed 1.6 without any real problems. Just a could of funnies

Wherever there is an ' in the title, it cuts the description short. Is there a way around this?

Also the Information section appears to be in the wrong place and the title is in Red instead of black. This also caused all the items to appear twice. If I mask out the items eg dynamic_sitemap.php the one in the information section stays, while the one above it gets removed.

Is there a way to get the title to be black and underneath where it says Sale Items

Here is a pic of what I am getting at the moment.

sitemapyj6.gif

Cheers

Has anyone figured out how to add/list .html pages to the sitemap?

There was a snipet of code suggested earlier in this thread, but it did not do the job.

There are important .html pages of my site I want to add into the sitemap.

Thanks in advance.

Whoa there Jack,

I'm not saying it's a problem with this contribution. All I'm saying is that it may not work alongside STS.

I have asked in the STS forum and are awaiting a reply. I believe STS is a bit twitchy with some contributions. Appologies if I offended you.

No, not at all, I'm sorry if you took it that way. There are some contributions that do various things with the code that may not work out of the box with STS. However, this one uses straight code and doesn't do anything different than the index file is doing. That's what I meant that it is compatible. There is not any reason for it not work, from the contributions viewpoint. But STS requires certain things to be changed sometimes for a file to work. So, in that sense, it is an STS problem. Try installing this contribution and turning off STS. If the code works, then it is just an STS problem. Not necessairly a problem with the STS contribuiton, but maybe a problem with the code calling this contribution. If it doesn't work, then it is installed incorrectly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I am just about to install V1.6 as it sounds to be the most reliable (I am correct in thinking that?)

Would there be a problem if I renamed the dynamic_sitemap.php to sitemap.php

And changed

define('FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP', 'dynamic_sitemap.php');

to

define('FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP', 'sitemap.php');

Yes, you can do that but you will also need to change the references to dynamic_sitemap within the dynamic_sitemap files. The only reason it is named that is because there is another contribution that uses sitemap and I didn't want to introduce confusion.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you can do that but you will also need to change the references to dynamic_sitemap within the dynamic_sitemap files. The only reason it is named that is because there is another contribution that uses sitemap and I didn't want to introduce confusion.

Jack

Cheers.

Will this sitemap work alongside the google sitemap Xml one?

Could someone help me with the following error message. I searched this topic but I couldn't find anyone with the same problem. I think it has to do with permissions (I think)

I get the errormessage as I try to open in the Admin side the configuration page for sitemap

The errormessage is:

Warning: opendir(/www/htdocs/gebruike/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/gebruike/admin/sitemap.php on line 95

Error! Can't open catalog dir : /www/htdocs/gebruike/

Could somebody help me with a solution ?

Cheers.

Will this sitemap work alongside the google sitemap Xml one?

Yes, they work fine together and both should be installed for best SEO results.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Could someone help me with the following error message. I searched this topic but I couldn't find anyone with the same problem. I think it has to do with permissions (I think)

I get the errormessage as I try to open in the Admin side the configuration page for sitemap

The errormessage is:

Warning: opendir(/www/htdocs/gebruike/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/gebruike/admin/sitemap.php on line 95

Error! Can't open catalog dir : /www/htdocs/gebruike/

Could somebody help me with a solution ?

It might be a setting on your server. I would ask your host what the problem is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It might be a setting on your server. I would ask your host what the problem is.

Jack

Hello Jack,

I checked the settings and could the following setting cause the problem: Virtual Directory Support = disabled

I think that this setting could be the problem...am I correct ?

HI Jack, hopefully your still around, a bit off topic and if its too much fussying around leave it, but how do you access the php.ini file. I have root access to my ftp details and have cpanel, is this what I need or do I need to contact my host support team.

Edited by stu2000

HI Jack, hopefully your still around, a bit off topic and if its too much fussying around leave it, but how do you access the php.ini file. I have root access to my ftp details and have cpanel, is this what I need or do I need to contact my host support team.

You would need to contact your host support team. You might be able to add your own php.ini file in your root area, some hosts allow that. Worth asking.

A php.ini file can be added but not all of the settings can be changed or the server would crash due to eveyone raising their values to the maximum setting. But some can be changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to have this contrib work with the enable/disable catergories as at the moment my site map is showing all my disabled catergories?

Thanks

Sorted added the

categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_status = '1' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

in /classes/category_tree.php

From version 1.4

Hello,

I have installed version 2, but get the following;

1146 - Table 'savageshop.sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from sitemap_exclude where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

[TEP STOP]

Can someone help me?

I have installed version 2, but get the following;

1146 - Table 'savageshop.sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from sitemap_exclude where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

[TEP STOP]

These errors indicate that you have not successfully installed the "install.sql" - which updates your osc database with a needed table and keys. Edited by squeekit