• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

Anyone find a fix for the repeating pages? I do have page unlimited installed along with the code provided with the sitemap.

I get this everything seems to repeat except for the information pages

* Contact Us

* Shipping & Returns

* New Products

* Get Them While They're Hot!

* Log Off

* Cookie Usage

* Visitors Cart / Members Cart

* New Address Book Entry

* Product Notifications

* Privacy Notice

* My Personal Address Book

* Welcome, Please Sign In

* My Account Information

* I've Forgotten My Password!

* Let's See What We Have Here

* Security Check

* Read What Others Are Saying

* Newsletter Subscriptions

* What's In My Cart?

* Tell A Friend About ''

* Reviews

* My Order History

* Advanced Search

* My Password

* Order Information

* My Account Information

* Contact Us

* Shipping & Returns

* New Products

* Log Off

* Cookie Usage

* New Address Book Entry

* Product Notifications

* Privacy Notice

* My Account Information

* Security Check

* What's In My Cart?

* Tell A Friend About ''

* Reviews

* My Order History

* Advanced Search

* My Password

* Order Information

* My Account Information

* Information

* About Us

* Shipping & Returns

* Privacy Notice

* Conditions of Use

* Our friends

I just noticed this, I will look into it soon.

lildog

Anyone find a fix for the repeating pages? I do have page unlimited installed along with the code provided with the sitemap.

I get this everything seems to repeat except for the information pages

* Contact Us

* Shipping & Returns

* New Products

* Log Off

* Cookie Usage

* New Address Book Entry

* Product Notifications

* Privacy Notice

* My Account Information

* Security Check

* What's In My Cart?

* Tell A Friend About ''

* Reviews

* My Order History

* Advanced Search

* My Password

* Order Information

* My Account Information

* Contact Us

* Shipping & Returns

* New Products

* Log Off

* Cookie Usage

* New Address Book Entry

* Product Notifications

* Privacy Notice

* My Account Information

* Security Check

* What's In My Cart?

* Tell A Friend About ''

* Reviews

* My Order History

* Advanced Search

* My Password

* Order Information

* My Account Information

* Information

* About Us

* Shipping & Returns

* Privacy Notice

* Conditions of Use

* Our friends

I have posted a new version that includes the extra bullet fix above.

lildog

IS the fix you're talking about part of v 3.5.8? I also am running Allprods. I have another issue thought that I am writting about. I have double checked everything including the SQL database, but I am getting the following error:

1146 - Table 'doubled1_osc01.TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

Can you help a rookie at this?

Thanks for the contribution.

Looks like you missed the define in admin/icludes/database_tables.php

lildog

IS the fix you're talking about part of v 3.5.8? I also am running Allprods. I have another issue thought that I am writting about. I have double checked everything including the SQL database, but I am getting the following error:

1146 - Table 'doubled1_osc01.TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

Can you help a rookie at this?

Thanks for the contribution.

I have been real busy lately. I will try to run down the problem....I know it has to do with the info pages unlimited fix, because without it everything works real well.

lildog

Hi all,

Does anyone have a fix for the duplicate (repeating) entries in the list of pages on the sitemap yet?

Cheers,

Paul

I am am process of updating dynamic site map ver 3.4 to the latest ver. When the unzip window opens after clicking download icon at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3306, ther is a red X in left upper corner of window. I read some where on forum, that meant the files in that folder were corrupt. Looked at a few below that ver. Ver 3.5.2 and later all display the red X.

so before I up dated to the latest ver, I would like to check regarding the red X. All below that date has the red check check mark.

Thanks.

blr044

It's the F*$*G windows. Can't open anything.Is it the filenames or the lineendings or the file extensions. Any number of GD things flummux it up. I will fix it for you PC guys. How is everyone else opening it?

lildog

Edited by lildog

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up Todd; I will also take a look at the code changed in the info pages unlimited fix to see if I can solve the issue. Thanks for your reply both.

Cheers,

Paul

Ok, I just don't have time to take a good look at this righht now (its crunch time here!!).

However, I have found a quick fix; it looks as though the contrib is displaying a list of all pages, not only as normal links, but also as secure links (although the SSL links are not formatted correctly; they are http rather than https). Maybe this issue has something to do with the fact that I have configured osCommerce NOT to use SSL whilst I am in test!?

Anyway, quick fix; in "catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php" around line 281, comment out the following lines of code:

// Box Files
for ($b = 0; $b < count($files['name']); ++$b){
 echo '<li><a title="'. $files['name'][$b] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($files['path'][$b]) . '">' . $files['name'][$b] . '</a></li>';
}

Just above these lines of code you will see the code which I presume is supposed to write the SSL links to the page, but it seems flawed, in the sense that it does not take stock of the fact that I do not have SSL enabled in the install, and just writes the page links incorrectly.

Does this sound like a realistic possibility?

Cheers,

Paul

Yeah if you have ssl off it will not use ssl links........So what do the links look like? I never took into the fact that SSL may be off.

lildog

Ok, I just don't have time to take a good look at this righht now (its crunch time here!!).

However, I have found a quick fix; it looks as though the contrib is displaying a list of all pages, not only as normal links, but also as secure links (although the SSL links are not formatted correctly; they are http rather than https). Maybe this issue has something to do with the fact that I have configured osCommerce NOT to use SSL whilst I am in test!?

Anyway, quick fix; in "catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php" around line 281, comment out the following lines of code:

// Box Files
for ($b = 0; $b < count($files['name']); ++$b){
 echo '<li><a title="'. $files['name'][$b] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($files['path'][$b]) . '">' . $files['name'][$b] . '</a></li>';
}

Just above these lines of code you will see the code which I presume is supposed to write the SSL links to the page, but it seems flawed, in the sense that it does not take stock of the fact that I do not have SSL enabled in the install, and just writes the page links incorrectly.

Does this sound like a realistic possibility?

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by lildog

I just installed dynamic_sitemap_v3.5.10, All looks great but for the empty o under *Information

It dont show the CCGV(trad) entry. ie. Gift Voucher FAQ

*Information

o

o Shipping & Returns

o Privacy Notice

o Conditions of Use

o Contact Us

o Site Map

Ideas as to why?

Thanks

Hi

This is maybe simple questions for an experienced OsC person, but not for me: I have just installed this very good contribution, and when clicking on "Site Map Maintenace", I cant read sitemap.php (permissions are 755), and no maintennace can be done. What is wrong here?

The site map is created nicely. But I don't understand if and how product names can be shown - now only categories are shown.

Sorry, maybe this is basic questions, but: ????

Thank you.

Hi

This is maybe simple questions for an experienced OsC person, but not for me: I have just installed this very good contribution, and when clicking on "Site Map Maintenace", I cant read sitemap.php (permissions are 755), and no maintennace can be done. What is wrong here?

The site map is created nicely. But I don't understand if and how product names can be shown - now only categories are shown.

Sorry, maybe this is basic questions, but: ????

Thank you.

I were able to solve the first part of this. But: is it possible to show product names in the list?

Still looking for an answer to my above post.

I have already done the change metioned in post 115 as quoted below.

That is failing because Gift Vouchers store the filenames in a different file. Find this line in includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

CODE

define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php'); //moved here for dynamice sitemap

and move it to the includes/filenames.php file. If you ever update Gift Vouchers, this problem will return so I plan on adding a fix to Dynamic SiteMap but this will work for now.

Jack

Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Jack,

I know of the problem, I think. It is going to be in your information.php box file. If I am correct it has to do with the $info_box_contents[] = array and how the ccgv link is added in. It needs to be added like all the other links.... Sorry I cannot be specific, I pulled ccgv from my site.

lildog

Still looking for an answer to my above post.

I have already done the change metioned in post 115 as quoted below.

That is failing because Gift Vouchers store the filenames in a different file. Find this line in includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

CODE

define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php'); //moved here for dynamice sitemap

and move it to the includes/filenames.php file. If you ever update Gift Vouchers, this problem will return so I plan on adding a fix to Dynamic SiteMap but this will work for now.

Jack

Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Jack,

I know of the problem, I think. It is going to be in your information.php box file. If I am correct it has to do with the $info_box_contents[] = array and how the ccgv link is added in. It needs to be added like all the other links.... Sorry I cannot be specific, I pulled ccgv from my site.

lildog

Hi, i'm not Jack was only qouting him. thanks for the reply.

i have tried that also but it dont work, my info box links are below.

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_GV . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MY_POINTS_HELP . '</a><br />' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

any idea what else to try?

Hi.. I have just tried to install the Dynamic sitemap v 3.5.10.

I installed it on my test server on Windows/IIS before uploading changes to my soon to be live *nux version.

I get the admin page which allows me to include/exclude the various pages but I get an HTTP 500 error when I click on the generate XML site map button (also btw I would prefer to set the time zone only once 'cos I know I will forget to do it in the future).

It is very frustrating as I get no error messages or progress messages so I can't diagnose anything.

Can anyone help please, pretty please..

KdB

PS: I also get the HTTP 500 error on my index page when I try the catalog side.

Just got this working. Looks good but . . .

I have the SEO-G contribution for Search engine optimization.

All my links generated on the site maps are the default:

http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

but they should be like this:

http://www.mysite.com/product-name.html

Any idea how to fix this? Also, is there a way to show my products on the sitemap? Only categories are showing and I have a little bit of products so showing them would be ideal.

Can anyone help with this? I can pay if necessary. I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanx.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

Just got this working. Looks good but . . .

I have the SEO-G contribution for Search engine optimization.

All my links generated on the site maps are the default:

http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

but they should be like this:

http://www.mysite.com/product-name.html

Any idea how to fix this? Also, is there a way to show my products on the sitemap? Only categories are showing and I have a little bit of products so showing them would be ideal.

Can anyone help with this? I can pay if necessary. I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanx.

The links created by the sitemap generator are a big problem and is why I was against adding that option in the first place. For anyone using a url rewriter, the sitemap generator in this contribution should not be used. As an alternative, you may want to take a look at this sitemap contribution I just uploaded. It will, in my opinion, give better results, especially in a case like yours.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The links created by the sitemap generator are a big problem and is why I was against adding that option in the first place. For anyone using a url rewriter, the sitemap generator in this contribution should not be used. As an alternative, you may want to take a look at this sitemap contribution I just uploaded. It will, in my opinion, give better results, especially in a case like yours.

Jack

Awesome! I'll give that a test drive tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year!

Thanx Jack.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

Just to note that I have finally got this working on the real site -

The xml generator problem was probably because of a protection problem and I couldn't fix that on the Windows side.

The other 500 errors were caused by my dyslexic/ancient fingers.

However, now that it works I would like a way to order the page links. I tried a $sort($files['name']); but although this did sort by names it then misaligned the links with the names. I also tried asort but that didn't work either.

I am new to PHP so I am a bit wonky on syntax (and a few other things as well).

My preferred option would be to assign an order for each line and also maybe have artificial groups as for the boxes.

For instance I would like my Home page to be on top, not halfway down.

I also have OSC Affiliate installed and the box listing doesn't quite work for the sitemap but I would like to create a sort of artificial box listing - does this make sense?

KdB