• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extreme Customization

I decided to start an Estore but i can't decide if i should make my own cart or use OSCommerce. My main concern with OSCommerce is that I don't knwo if I'll be able to customize it so it looks like my idea for the cart. Could OSC be morphed to look like this( with extensive knowledge of php and web development)?

http://www.statc.net/test/sgal/images/details.jpg

http://www.statc.net/test/sgal/images/products.jpg

or am i better off just making my own shopping cart? Also i just installed a test version of OsCommerce and it doesnt seem to let me add sizes and stuff to products. Is that possible with the stock version of OSC or do i need to install some contributions. Thanks for any help.

I decided to start an Estore but i can't decide if i should make my own cart or use OSCommerce. My main concern with OSCommerce is that I don't knwo if I'll be able to customize it so it looks like my idea for the cart. Could OSC be morphed to look like this( with extensive knowledge of php and web development)?

http://www.statc.net/test/sgal/images/details.jpg

http://www.statc.net/test/sgal/images/products.jpg

or am i better off just making my own shopping cart? Also i just installed a test version of OsCommerce and it doesnt seem to let me add sizes and stuff to products. Is that possible with the stock version of OSC or do i need to install some contributions. Thanks for any help.

Hi, you can make the design look like in your pics ... with some work (ok a lot of it). It looks like your options (boy/girl) are buttonlike images, regular dropdown options come with stock osCommerce, but options as images is a mod in the contribution section. But honestly installing mods is no problem.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Also i just installed a test version of OsCommerce and it doesnt seem to let me add sizes and stuff to products. Is that possible with the stock version of OSC or do i need to install some contributions. Thanks for any help.

Sizes and colours and just about any other attribute you could choose to apply to a product come in the basic set-up.

The mods can add even more functions to an already powerful package.

Yeah i figured it would be hard to do but i should get it done by my august deadline. Are there any sort of contributions that allow comments on products? or would i need to "contribute" with such a mod?

oscommerce has a "reviews" system already included. If that is what you mean. Customers or you logged in as one can leave reviews of the different products.

I looked at the two pics just now and to be honest I dont see why you couldn't get that look in a day or two at the most. I didn't see anything complex about it.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

yea i dont think its gonan be that hard.. i've been looking at the code and it's not tha bad once you start to understand it. The comments thing i was talkin about would be on each product page and when you click on that comment button on the bottom the div extends with with the comments. also are there any gallery for each product contributions where members can submit images of them wearing the product? if there is damn... i'll get this shop launched in less than a week.

You can set up the reviews so they show on the products page. Not just a link. I did that on one site although it was a pain in the butt to get it to work properly.

Not sure about the upload image thing. May want to look in the contributions area. Tons of stuff there someone may have already written a contribution for that.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

sweet. Thanks for the help guys. Once i get oscommerce figured out i'll return the favor by contributing to the community

Archived