• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attribute

davidflash

I have been trying apply new product attributes for one of my products. I am unable to location where to add the newly created product attribute to a specific product.

Again I can create product attributes but can not seem to find where to apply it.

I when to product listing but still do not see any way of add the newly created product attribute.

HELP.

Should be on the same page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look there.

Iggy

Iggy, I see where to actually apply the attribute for a specific product, but I do not see it when I go to the online store. I just see the same old attributes like quanity, model, etc. But none of the newly applied attributes (i.e., the differenct sizes and colors that I assinged to the product .

Help and thanks

I am using oscommerce 2.2 ms 2

Iggy, I see where to actually apply the attribute for a specific product, but I do not see it when I go to the online store.  I just see the same old attributes like quanity, model, etc.  But none of the newly applied attributes (i.e., the differenct sizes and colors that I assinged to the product .

Help and thanks

I am using oscommerce 2.2 ms 2

Can amyone tell why afer adding the various attributes that it does not appear when viewing the product online nor in the product listing?

Help

I've got to ask because this isn't normal behavior for the store. Have you made any modifications to the store or is it stock at this point?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

This might be a silly question--but it can't hurt to ask (just in case). Are you positive you applied the product attributes to the product you wanted to apply them to?

When I was first using Product Attributes, I accidentally assigned the attributes I had wanted to assign to Product A to the wrong product--Product B. The reason being was that they had similar product names in the drop-down menu (they are similar items) and I was going quickly and not paying close attention. I ended up wondering why the heck Product A had no attributes, when I was certain I had added them.

As you can imagine, I realized the attributes were attached to Product B.

Could that have happened in this case, for you?

This might be a silly question--but it can't hurt to ask (just in case). Are you positive you applied the product attributes to the product you wanted to apply them to?

When I was first using Product Attributes, I accidentally assigned the attributes I had wanted to assign to Product A to the wrong product--Product B. The reason being was that they had similar product names in the drop-down menu (they are similar items) and I was going quickly and not paying close attention. I ended up wondering why the heck Product A had no attributes, when I was certain I had added them.

As you can imagine, I realized the attributes were attached to Product B.

Could that have happened in this case, for you?

First I want to thank all for the immediate assistance. A special thanks to Iggy. When I created the product I put in an inactive mode will I was building the attributes. I did a preview and still did not see any new attributes applied. After I put in Stock (i.e., active) I saw all of the new attributes. No where in the documentation that I read stated that the product must be in an "In Stock" or "Active" to see new product attributes changes, even while preview prior to doing an update. Once active I was able to see all attributes for that product. Thanks to All.

problem solved.

Archived