• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

background image with center shop?

varnco

I have the center shop contribution (by webmakers)

the admin section lets you change the background color, but i want to change the background to a repeated image that repeats outside the store.

I've tried edited css in the body section, but no luck.. nothing changes.

background-image: url(images/image.jpg);

Nothing... no image, not even once.

Yo have to edit the header.php file in one of the tables you will see bgcolor - You can either use the standard bgbackground="" or edit a style and make the table = a class="".

But you can then add any image you want.

Cheers

Neil

I don't know about center shop, as I'm using Vger's mod for centering my stores, but I'd try to add the link the way I have it:

background-image:url('images/laine/background.gif');

in your code, the enclosing ' .... ' are missing

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Just in case anyone in the future needs to do this, this is what I did:

in header.php, around line 71 I added background="/image/imagename.jpg" to the following table formatting section:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="<?php echo CENTER_SHOP_PADDING; ?>" cellspacing="0" border="0" background="images/pgbackground.jpg" bgcolor="<?php echo CENTER_SHOP_BACKGROUND_COLOR_OUT; ?>">

<tr><td>

Your may be slightly different, as I have the center shop contribution installed.

Final note:

Adding the graphic as I did overrides the background color control in the admin, as provided by the center shop contribution.

Thanks for the 2 posters for their help.

Archived