• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need help setting up downloadable products

jderouen

I'm about to yank my hair out. I can not for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have downloads enabled.

When I go into Product Attributes, I see the spot to enter the filename, expiration date, and download count. I enter them. I make sure both /pub/ and /download/ have the correct permissions, and that I've uploaded the file in question to the server.

I fill out the info and click Insert. It forces me to pick a product attribute in addition to just inserting the file name, which I find out, but I can't see a way around that. I go ahead and do it, enter the stock, etc.

I buy the downloadable, and nothing. It says it'll be delivered in 3-5 days. I go into orders and change it from processing to delivered. Still nothing. The user gets another note confirming his order, but no download link, not even the mention of it.

I'm flummoxed.

Thanks,

Joe

I've read that page a thousand times, and done everything it tells me to do. No dice.

But are you using the oscommerce's stock download option or have you installed the download controller contribution?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Archived