• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping taking very long to load

AverageJoe

Hi all,

It seems that whenever I try to use realtime shipping quotes (tried USPS and UPS so far), the shipping page during checkout takes VERY long to load (10-20 seconds). I understand it needs to contact the shipper's server, but this seems much longer than other sites. I've setup a shipping estimator in the shopping cart using Ship In Cart, and this delay is making my shopping cart load much too slowly. Has anyone ran into this and found a way to make the realtime quoting quicker? If I use a static shipping option (zones for instance), everything is very fast. BTW, I'm using the original UPS module, and I updated the USPS module to USPS Methods v2.7d. I've tried the UPS module alone and the USPS module alone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is about the last hurdle until I'm ready to show off my new site :D

Oh yeah, I plan to setup the DHL module later this week (would like to offer USPS and DHL in the end if possible). Overall, does the DHL module take about the same amount of time as the USPS or UPS module? If it's noticably faster, I'll probably drop USPS and just stick with DHL. Again, thanks for any help.

Sorry for 3 posts (wish I could edit instead of post again). Anyways, I timed how long it takes to load the shipping page (using only USPS), and it takes 31 seconds. That seems about 25 seconds too long to me :(

Archived