• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing option to choose between Lbs or Kilograms

Hi,

In Shipping/Packaging under admin there is no option to choose between preferred weight system. The OScommerce tutorial shows this option but on my shipping/admin page it's missing...

My shop is set to Lbs... I want it to show Kilograms (or perhaps grams).

Can you help?

Thanks

Hi,

In Shipping/Packaging under admin there is no option to choose between preferred weight system.  The OScommerce tutorial shows this option but on my shipping/admin page it's missing...

My shop is set to Lbs...  I want it to show Kilograms (or perhaps grams).

Can you help?

Thanks

the tutorials are for the next release already ...

I fund hardcoded entries of lbs here

includes\modules\shipping\ups.php

and here

includes\modules\shipping\usps.php

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

the tutorials are for the next release already ...

I fund hardcoded entries of lbs here

includes\modules\shipping\ups.php

and here

includes\modules\shipping\usps.php

I don't use UPS or USPS. There is no LBS or KG in other files like zone.php

This is ridiculous! It took me 3 attempts to install the OSCommerce over many hours and I still can't use it properly because it defaults to stupid LBS weight!

I should have stayed with Shopfactory!

Isn't there anyone here who can explain why the option for Kilogram has disappeared from the Shipping/Packaging menu?

"Shipping/Packaging

Title Value Action

Country of Origin United Kingdom

Postal Code xxxxxxxxx

Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship 50

Package Tare weight. 3

Larger packages - percentage increase. 10

Country of Origin

Select the country of origin to be used in shipping quotes.

Date Added: 05/26/2005

Last Modified: 05/26/2005"

--------------

There should be an option to switch between Lbs, Grams or Kilograms but the option is missing on my OScommerce.

If I am not mistaken the current version of oscommerce does not have that option. I believe that is for the version that will be coming out soon.

If you need to change it from lbs to kilograms all you have to do is change the language files. The cart will see it as 1 pound, 1 kilogram.. 1 ounce if you change the wording to say what you want. Not sure if that makes sense the way I am explaining it, but what it is called doesn't matter when figuring up your prices for shipping if you figure it all the same way.

1 lb would be the same as 1kg as far as the system is concerned.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

If I am not mistaken the current version of oscommerce does not have that option. I believe that is for the version that will be coming out soon.

If you need to change it from lbs to kilograms all you have to do is change the language files. The cart will see it as 1 pound, 1 kilogram.. 1 ounce if you change the wording to say what you want. Not sure if that makes sense the way I am explaining it, but what it is called doesn't matter when figuring up your prices for shipping if you figure it all the same way.

1 lb would be the same as 1kg as far as the system is concerned.

Ok. Thanks for explaining. Thanks to Monika also.

I will edit the correct language file tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

thanks for bringing it up feathers632, i too saw that option in the tutorial and was going mad about it.

weird decision to publish a tutorial for a software that doesn't as yet exist (...how 'soon' is it coming out?), and not a single caption mentioning it to the user...

i wonder if any of you in the community can help me out with this:

the shop i'm setting up sells products by weight (min. order 1kg, max. order 30kg) but should also sell products per item - as in: you can buy 3kg of prodX at 3*10EUR/Kg and 10 prodY at 10*1.20EUR

the subtotal for that is 42EUR, to which a shipping charge should be applied. there are 2 (or is it 3?) different shipping methods: national (divided in standard and express) and international (zones), based on weight and depending on the delivery address.

the steps i've done are:

1) set up category

2) add products to category

2a) defined price/kg for those sold by weight - quantity=1

2b) defined price/unit for those sold by item - quantity=1

3) set up shipping prices

should i set 'product attributes' for 'weight - from 1kg to 30kg' for those sold by weight?

and what about the 'weight' for those sold per item? where can i add the weight of each single item?

thanks greatly in advance for any help

Archived