• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new install trouble

RobbieB

I'm just installed and on the last page, I got a list of warnings.

They are all install/templates/pages/install_7.php

fopen(site/includes/configure.php) failed to open stream: permission denied (line 209)

fputs():supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (line 210)

fclose():supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (line 211)

fopen(site/admin/includes/configure.php) failed to open stream: permission denied (line 259)

fputs():supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (line 260)

fclose():supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (line 261)

The configuration was successful.

Then when I went to click on admin I got a page with this on it.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

If I try to load the root of the store, it tries to install again (so I renamed install folder) but after renaming it gives me the same no dbase selected error.

This means it failed to write to the configure.php files for whatever reason

You can try setting the permissions on catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to 777 (I'm assuming you're on Linux). Then move the install directory back to where it was and and try again.

The demo db was most likely created.

It's actually easier (believe it or not) to just manually set the two configure.php files with an editor, you know the data and there's not many lines to set. Do the catalog one first as practice.

There have to be hundreds of posts here describing those settings, a search will find them.

I don't have time to step you through the process but someone else will if you have questions.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

I see. Well, since I'm on windows I can't do that. But I did go ahead and manually edit the configs.

The only problem I have now is that the admin doesn't ask me to login, and I can not figure out where to setup admin users.

Stock oscommerce does not come with passwords or the option to make passwords. You can use htaccess (does that work on windows? lol), your host (if you are not on your local machine) may have a link to password protect directories or there are several contributions you could try. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I think that is a security mistake. Perhaps you are relying on the fact that you think people who use open source solutions are more computer savvy and willing to use work arounds for features that should be implimented by default. <_<

This is an Open Source programme developed by people who gave their time willingly and freely to develop the project. If you pay someone thousands of dollars to build something for you then you have the right to say "you should do this, you should do that", but not with Open Source.

If you use Fantastico or Ensim Power Tools to do a 1-click install of osCommerce then it will password protect the 'admin' folder - but that causes problems. On the Ensim system the 'admin' folder is used by the web hosting control panel itself - so the first thing you have to do is to rename the osCommerce 'admin' folder and do the password protection all over again.

I don't even know if this would work on a Windows server, because Windows doesn't recognise .htaccess files.

Vger

Archived