• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CSS and font

bigcol

I have been given a specific font to use called redeye on oscommerce, I believe I need to change the css for this, but someone said I cannot used my own fonts, can anyone help

I am reletively new to oscommerce and know even less about css.

I have been given a specific font to use called redeye on oscommerce, I believe I need to change the css for this, but someone said I cannot used my own fonts, can anyone help

I am reletively new to oscommerce and know even less about css.

You should only use fonts which your clients have as they will not show anyway if they do not. Or you use the font to create an image.

Treasurer MFC

They would still need to have the font in their computer for the browser to display it. It will revert to default font unlessthey download the font file. Amanda's right, you should create an image file using the font. This, of course, won't be practical for more than just some headings.

You can embed the font in a webpage, but (depending on their security settings) users may well get asked if they want to download the file to their computer. This is a real turnoff.

Also, bear in mind that the lesser-known fonts are often not royalty-free and you could end up with a nice bill for using them. I've known it to happen to a few people.

Vger

Archived