• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Image Issue

UK_Copsy

Hi Folks,

When a customer clicks on the 'Click Here to Enlarge' button on any of my products, they are given the same image that is in the product listing.

Can anyone tell me how to get it so a larger images appears instead? - I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work. :huh:

Cheers

Mark

Hi Folks,

When a customer clicks on the 'Click Here to Enlarge' button on any of my products, they are given the same image that is in the product listing.

Can anyone tell me how to get it so a larger images appears instead? - I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work. :huh:

Cheers

Mark

You have to have a large image to start with.

osCommerce will generate the thumbnails on the fly from the large image, issue with this is download times when people view your product pages.

1) So there are contributions which will turn your large images into small thumbnails on the fly (quick downloads)

2) there is another contribution which will allow you to store 2 images, one large and one small. It will then display the small in product pages and large when clicked on. (downside you need to maintain 2 images)

Option 1 is my prefered route

Archived