• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problems with session using $_SESSION

ebinfo

I am using oscommerce as well as one of my script for online tests. Basically people order tests using oscommerce, and depending of what they order i send a specific command to my test module granting them access to the tests they ordered.

For some reason, my script is completely bypassed. It completely ignores the session information, if i log from one side it does not on the other, and vise versa.

Tried on both mysql sessions (which obviously won't work for my test module as i am using the $_SESSION superglobal) and file sessions (which in my idea SHOULD work) but it's not.

Any idea how to make PHP sessions work from one side to the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

I am using oscommerce as well as one of my script for online tests. Basically people order tests using oscommerce, and depending of what they order i send a specific command to my test module granting them access to the tests they ordered.

For some reason, my script is completely bypassed. It completely ignores the session information, if i log from one side it does not on the other, and vise versa.

Tried on both mysql sessions (which obviously won't work for my test module as i am using the $_SESSION superglobal) and file sessions (which in my idea SHOULD work) but it's not.

Any idea how to make PHP sessions work from one side to the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

What version of PHP?

not sure if it's related but osC ms2 uses the old session_* functions and:

If you are using $_SESSION  (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS), do not use session_register(), session_is_registered(), and session_unregister().

It seems not to be possible/wise to use a mixture of both

Archived