• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Front page stuff

dellsworth

I'm trying to learn how to make changes on the main page.

On the site I inherited, the store page has 1 box on the left titled What's New? and it has a product picture that changes when the page loads (probably random something or other). The page also has 9 other products in the center of the page under the heading New Products For June. I need to change the Products shown in both of these places.

Could someone please lead me in the right direction with these things?

Is there a "default" category that shows up in this behavior? How can I change it?

thanks!

David

Whats new boxes pull products considered new. There are contributions that allow you to choose which items show up such as Featured Products. There is also one that shows random products from the store but are not only considered new.

If you click the link in my profile or the one on the top of the page that says contributions there are many many options for infoboxes =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Whats new boxes pull products considered new. There are contributions that allow you to choose which items show up such as Featured Products. There is also one that shows random products from the store but are not only considered new.

If you click the link in my profile or the one on the top of the page that says contributions there are many many options for infoboxes =)

But where do you designate what products are pulled by the boxes?

Not sure what you mean... for the whats new box? You can't as far as I know. If you install the featured products contribution there is an area in your admin panel.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Not sure what you mean... for the whats new box? You can't as far as I know. If you install the featured products contribution there is an area in your admin panel.

Wendy,

Check out this page: http://www.hoosierauthority.com/store/

I need the What's New box on the left to bring up other categories of sports products. (and yes, I need to completely redesign the store). I want to change the "default" or the fact that Volleyball stuff comes up now to football stuff which there is a category for. Where would that be setup? Is there just code to edit on the index.php page? Is there some basic docuemntation somewhere that addresses this? Thanks so much for your help.

David

:thumbsup:

Archived