• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Product Titles

xyke

The names of some of my books are really long because I include the full title and the authors' names. This is exactly what I want for the title of the product description pages, but it looks really tacky in the "What's New", "Shopping Cart", and "Reviews" boxes. What I want to do is have a second title feild in which I can enter a shorter title to be used in the boxes. As an attempt, I went into phpMyAdmin and added a column to the products_description table called products_title (in addition to the products_name feild that contains the long titles). To test if these feilds worked I changed all products_name values in the whats_new.php file to products_title, but the What's New box is still showing the products_name values. How can I get this to work? Thnanks.

xyke

There is a contribution that allows you to add additional fields to the product info. You could use it to add the authors name as a specific field. Not sure if there is one to do exactly as you want but maybe something that could be tweeked a bit to get it to work.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2779

that is just one contribution, i think there are a couple of others

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

This was very cool, and helped me better understand the php system, but didn't really solve my problem. Even after all this when i add products_smtitle where products_name used to be in the whats_new.php box file the products_smtitle feild isn't called.

Archived