• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Module v1.2 For 2.2MS2

I tried to install the PayPal IPN module v1.2 which seemed fine first but when I check my shop an error message on the "checkout_confirmation.php" page appeared...

1054 - Unknown column 'billing_piva' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers.....

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Where can I get more info about the IPN module?

roland

Hi there,

i have the same problem..

i have installed the contribution Paypal IPN Module v1.2

and now i get the same error mentioned earlier...

1054 - Unknown column 'billing_piva' in 'field list'

etc...

please let us know how to fix this problem!!

thanks

best regards

Kasper

Why do we need the billing_piva-field, anyway? My table doesn't has it either and I found the following entry in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

//#CHAVEIRO5# PIVACF start

'billing_piva' => $order->billing['piva'],

'billing_cf' => $order->billing['cf'],

//#CHAVEIRO5# PIVACF end

Looks like an addition made to the original file. I deleted these lines (you can make them remarks with '//', as well) and I got no further problems with the IPN-contrib.

If I shouldn't have done this, please tell me. But meanwhile I use the original PayPal-module, as the IPN-contrib isn't suitable for me and my download-shop.

• 4 weeks later...

It's for Italian invoice numbers.

Why do we need the billing_piva-field, anyway? My table doesn't has it either and I found the following entry in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Looks like an addition made to the original file. I deleted these lines (you can make them remarks with '//', as well) and I got no further problems with the IPN-contrib.

If I shouldn't have done this, please tell me. But meanwhile I use the original PayPal-module, as the IPN-contrib isn't suitable for me and my download-shop.

Yeah, it looks like a PayPal IPN problem, despite what vger says. The comments say so, and I didn't have a problem until I installed the PayPal IPN.

Anyway, I did a Google search on "billing_piva" and came up with an Italian Forum where they claim the field is from the "P.IVA" contribution. Later there's talk about IVA as a tax number. More Googling indicates that Italian web stores must include an invoice number, apparently called an "IVA", in every invoice.

If you're not running an Italian store, I assume it's safe to eliminate the billing_piva field.

If this were easy, everybody would do it.

It's from the PIVACF module. I Googled PIVACF; the first response tells the story.

Partita iva e codice fiscale,is VAT number field, expecially created for italian users. The script add 2 fields on registration page, a VAT id number and Personal ID number.

Apparently Chaveiro had this contribution installed, and his PayPal IPN module was patched. Since he got it, we got it. Remove the whole thing, between the //PIVACF comments.

If this were easy, everybody would do it.

I tried that already (deleting the PIVA-related lines) and it worked okay, but in the meantime I figured that I drive better with the built in PayPal-Module, as I only

want our customers to pay via PayPal-account.

At first I wanted to have the possibility to pay from one's bank account, but with PayPal, we have to wait until the money arrives and that's not good for us

(we have an MP3-download store). So I uninstalled the IPN-module completely.

Anyway, thanks for your help and advice.

Archived