• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS Template limited to 12mb?

stereo33

:D hey you all this is my first post. thank you for so much information and support to everyone.

i'm kind of confused,and i cannot find a solution for my problem: i noticed recently that all my downloadable products bigger than 12mb were NOT working anymore. the link is correctly highlighted, the files are all correctly placed, but the customer gets a '500 internal server error' .. every file smaller than 12mb works perfectly (the files are all in the /download/ folder ) ... <_<

then, i realized that what was causing the problem was STS template, because i uninstalled it and everything started working fine again...all biigger files could be downloaded again..

has anyone experienced this problem ? i want to continue using sts template, i really like it :'( thanks everyone !!

Edited by stereo33

• 9 months later...
:D hey you all this is my first post. thank you for so much information and support to everyone.

i'm kind of confused,and i cannot find a solution for my problem: i noticed recently that all my downloadable products bigger than 12mb were NOT working anymore. the link is correctly highlighted, the files are all correctly placed, but the customer gets a '500 internal server error' .. every file smaller than 12mb works perfectly (the files are all in the /download/ folder ) ... <_<

then, i realized that what was causing the problem was STS template, because i uninstalled it and everything started working fine again...all biigger files could be downloaded again..

has anyone experienced this problem ? i want to continue using sts template, i really like it :'( thanks everyone !!

Was this problem eer addressed and solved? I'm in the same boat:

I have just verified that in MY case, it is in fact STS Plus v4.0.6 (or v4.0.7) that makes the downloads fail with the truncated file size bug.

So - are there other people out there that use STS Plus v4.0.6 (or v4.0.7) and run a downloadable products store that can verify that THIER store's products download properly? If so, what custom code did you create and add to the php documents of the STS system in order to get it work again and can you please PLEASE paste that code here with instructions on how / where / what files to place it into.

It seems truly DUMBFOUNDING that STS Plus is incompatible with Downloadable Products... Can we please get some assistance from those who know about this scenario? And help would be SERIOUSLY appreciated! :)