• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

converting layout

pc@tom

hello,

we have bought a webshop from a store.

now we only want to use the layout, because I installed 2.2ms2

the webshop I bought is an older version, don't know exactly wich version.

can somebody tell me wich files/directory's I have to copy?

thnx!

(ps, sorry for my bad english, I'm a belgian ;) )

First thing to do is to find out which version you have. You will see this in your 'admin' section if you go to Tools and then Server Info - it will tell you the version of osCommerce you have.

If you have version 2.1 then I would suggest you upgrade it to 2.2 by running the 'upgrade' section of the install programme.

Ver

First thing to do is to find out which version you have.  You will see this in your 'admin' section if you go to Tools and then Server Info - it will tell you the version of osCommerce you have.

If you have version 2.1 then I would suggest you upgrade it to 2.2 by running the 'upgrade' section of the install programme.

Ver

Well, the problem is, we have allready closed the webspace and so where the shop was on.

So I only have the files.

i allready thought about putting these webshop on instead of the 2.2m2, but then there is the mysql configuration and so on...

If you have the old files AND the old database then you can do a manual install. If you don't have the database then you may as well start over.

To install manually, upload all of the files to the root fo your webspace, upload the old database to your 'mysql' folder via FTP. Edit the two configure.php files to match your new website.

Once you've done that you can go to osC 'admin' and check which version you have. If it's MS2.1 then you can upload just the 'install' folder from osCommerce MS2.2 and run the Upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

Vger

Archived