• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display of orders in the admin section ?

datoupee

A quick question for the Oscommerce pros on here...

In the admin section when I view orders that have been made, it lists 12 orders then I have to click the next page button(s) to view the rest. I would like to have it list 50 on one page so I don't have to keep going to the next page(s).

I know that this setting is in "configuration>maximum values>search results" but when I switch it to 50, the items in the store also change to display 50 in each category.

I would like to only change the number of search results in the admin section and not in the catalogue's as well.

Easiest, if you only want to fix it to a specific value,

in admin/orders.php

find

MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS

and change it to

You'll find this several times in the file. Replace all occurances.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

You could also redefine MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS in catalog/admin/orders.php near the top of file (i.e. after require('includes/application_top.php');):

define ('MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS', '50');

I've tried it and it doesn't seem to affect any other pages on the site.

I believe this sometimes gives errors as it is already defined, thought there should be another command to undef and then define again I think.

Well, you can try, if it works, good for you.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Thanks for the advice fellas !!!!!

I ended up defining a new variable...

define ('MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_MOD', '50');

And then just switched them all to 'MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_MOD' in the code.

Works like a charm !!!!! :D

Archived