• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with the Greek language

Nage

Hello,

I use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003) and Greek Language Translation - 2.2CVS-MS2 - 31/03/2004 which I found in contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,Greek+language

My problem is that in greek language the categories and the titles of the products are correct until the 5th character and then, instead of the words appear the symbols

For example instead of a phrase with 3 words it appears: Γυναι

Is there anybody who can help me?

Hello,

I use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003) and Greek Language Translation - 2.2CVS-MS2 - 31/03/2004 which I found in contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,Greek+language 

My problem is that in greek language the categories and the titles of the products are correct until the 5th character and then, instead of the words appear the symbols

For example instead of a phrase with 3 words it appears: Γυναι

Is there anybody who can help me?

Is the description of the text ok?

By the way have you selected a payment gateway for Greece? I have a client who has asked for an connection with a greek bank but i am still working on it :(

Is the description of the text ok?

By the way have you selected a payment gateway for Greece? I have a client who has asked for an connection with a greek bank but i am still working on it :(

I have no problem with the description text, only with the names of the categories and the titles of the products.

Sorry, but I have not selected any payment gateway for Greece.

I found a similar problem send by pan in Mar 6 2003,

with the description:

"When i try to translate one category in greek language, and if it has up to 5 letters i take chinese from the 5 letter and up."

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to remind to all those who could possibly help me with the problem I have in using Greek language that this problem still remains.

Could Pan , or somebody else who had a similar problem in the past, tell me how he got around the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Archived